• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible to add 1 day to 40% off ressie?

MCK588

Mouseketeer
I'm booked in the Poly from 11/3-11/10 using a 40% off code from the Spring. This is Jersey Week and I'm from NJ so airfare is at the extortion rate of $600 RT. I am now leaving the night of 11/2 from NY JFK at the rate of $200RT because I refuse to pay those ridiculous NJ prices. Am I able to add the night of 11/2 onto my ressie at this point? Could Guest Relations do this? I called CRO already and they couldn't do it at the original rate.

If I end up at a value for that one night (we are arriving around midnight at the hotel and sleeping a few hours before we would head over to Poly in the morning), will the Magical Express pick up my bags at the airport on 11/2 and bring them directly to the Poly? Will they hold them for us? That would work out for us if they would do that much better than paying Rack Rate at Poly on 11/2 and not even getting there until midnight or after.

About a month ago my TA was able to extend my original ressie at the BC(booked at the 40% off) by three days. I was able to keep the discounted rate for all days, but since she did it for me, I'm not sure of the procedure.

Good Luck!

It's possible, but do you really want someone messing with your ressie that has the potential to really make a nightmare out of an already well planned vacation? CanadianGuy said something to the effect of having another set of hands potentially messing up your ressie.

Remember, this is the information in the terms and conditions which your reservation states:

"Room rates are guaranteed as long as your reservation is not changed."

Good luck on whatever you decide.:)

I changed mine about a month ago and added a day to our trip in Dec with the 40 % off code. It did take them an hr on the phone but I didn't care because they were able to do it !

I had the same problem with airfare being too high on my original day of arrival, 12/19. About 2 weeks ago I called and said I needed to either add a day before, 12/18, or change to a day later, 12/20. There was no problem adding a day with the 40% discount...and I even got a written confirmation.

My experience was that adding a day to the end was possible, but that adding a day to the front was not. I could add a day to the front, but only as a separate reservation from that I already had. I could cancel my present reservation and book a new one a day earlier - with no guarantee of keeping my discount. If you have a 40% discount I would first ask if you can get a 40% discount if you book a new ressie. If you cannot I would then see if you can pay a room only rate the day before - and maybe get a code for that day.

I added the extra day to the being of our stay in Dec. We're now arriving on the 18th instead of the 19th.

After spending a few days obsessing over this and calling a few times only to be told NO I couldn't add the day AND get the discount, I finally decided that I would hold the one night I needed at Poly as a seperate ressie at rack rate so as not to lose it with all these codes coming out this week and subsequent bookings. Lo and behold, as I was explaining to the CM that I wasn't sure if I was modifying an existing ressie or creating a new, she said "well, let me see if we could just add it on"...and when I say within 3 seconds, I mean within 3 seconds, she came back and said "no problem, you're scheduled to arrive a day earlier, reservation # stays the same, your new total is......":yay:

I couldn't believe my ears! She added it on just like that. It does pay to keep calling! The only downside was that I was charged an extra $100 for the DDP for that night, so now I guess we just have to eat more (not so bad since I was doing alot of breakfast ADRs and now I can get a dinner in there too)!

We too called back yesterday and added to the front of our ressie, arriving on 10/12 now instead of 10/13. Nothing changed but a new grand total and we did get the 40% off for that night too. CM was very nice about it.

We were going to stay in a local hotel when we arrived in FL that evening, but decided hey with the 40% lets go enjoy our resort a night early since it is such a deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter