When in doubt, run to the disboards for handholding! My 16 y.o. dd had a small mole removed yesterday, it's has all the markings of a melanoma (according to my google phd) except it was very small. I have to wait up to two weeks for pathology. The doctor rushed in and out, didn't really explain anything to us. He saw the spot, immediately said it had to be removed. When I got home I read that possible melanomas should not be scraped or burned off. He scraped... I also read that if pathology comes in negative I should ask for a second pathologists opinion. Should I be asking the doctor to ensure the sample is protected or will they do that automatically? I'd appreciate any opinions or suggestions... Thanks.