Possible New Illuminations Test Over Epcot early this morning

kgeary

Mouseketeer
I was sitting on the beach chairs looking across the lake at Boardwalk about 30 minutes ago and I heard what sounded like a firework being launched from Epcot. I look up and see streak of white smoke and then an explosion and a huge area of white smoke is unveiled and then slowly expands. You could see flashes in the distance (photography maybe).

I tried to take pictures and video on my iphone...sorry if the quality is poor. I wonder if this is a test for a new Epcot nighttime show.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 44

While not Epcot related, those are some COOL shots. Honestly, I'd reach out to Cape Canaveral/NASA and see if they'd like to use them. They're that kinda good.

I've seen a launch from boardwalk before and you can only see a smoke trail and a bright dot going up. You can see the one of the spotlights on in epcot and what looks to be one of the lasers also as well. So it's possible they were testing something

A few years ago, someone posted a pic (not sure if it was posted on the DIS or elsewhere) which showed Space Mountain in the foreground and the Space Shuttle taking off behind it....really awe-inspiring if you know the history of Disney and space travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter