Possible New Disney MMO Coming??

DizCaptain

°o° Disney Enthusiast
I used to be an avid VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom) player back in the day. For those who don't know, VMK was an MMORPG in which you literally explored the Magic Kingdom in a cartoony way with your own "rooms" based on park attractions where you could make hang outs, or games, or even quests. Its been a few years since Disney shut it down, causing a backlash of sadness, anger, and hopelessness throughout many fans.

I wasn't one of those people, but I did get a little nostalgic today and searched for any news of VMK that might have spawned since its closing. In doing so I came upon a blog article outlining a slew of similar domain registering Disney did a few months back. They all had the same similar structure with domain names such as:

"disneyimaginationworld", "disneyimaginationgame", "disneyimaginationonline", and "imaginationonlinegame".

Also mentioned was around nine international domains of the same sort. So it could be that coming up in the next few years is a new Disney MMO, maybe a viable replacement for VMK? (Or even a decent MMO that can center on Disney parks again, instead of over-saturated franchises...) I don't know about anyone else, but just the name "Disney Imagination Online" sounds pretty cool to me. I'll keep my eyes out for new information about it too.

Here's the article I found for those interested; and for old VMK players, keep an eye out, this could be good! http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-imagination-online-mmo-17035/

That would be AMAZING! I miss Vmk. I played Vmk an it changed my life. So many good memories were shared on there and I'm still upset, as are many people, that Disney closed it.

I do hope this is true and that this game is similiar to Vmk and comes out soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Could also be related to a revamp of the Epcot IMagination pavillion. A game similar to the one in the Space pavillion...

This sounds really interesting... Any new news about it? Especially with Disney closing 3 of their MMOs next month?

That would be AMAZING! I miss Vmk. I played Vmk an it changed my life. So many good memories were shared on there and I'm still upset, as are many people, that Disney closed it.

I do hope this is true and that this game is similiar to Vmk and comes out soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I regret that I missed the vmk entirely...

But I happened to grab this thing called "rollercoaster tycoon" in 1999 randomly off a shelf at target and that really did change my life (not necessarily for the better...but that's another story)

It's kinda what I always dreamed about... Build my own park and running it... Imagination run wild without limits.

Always hoped that Disney would have something where we could build what we liked or what we could possibly even better...

Maybe they'd learn a few things too...never know

It probably is something on the Imagination pavilion, I doubt Disney will have 2 different imaginations, and if they did they would be connected in some way

I would love if they come out with something similar to VMK. I know that it was only supposed to last a year or so but so many people loved it. When I was a CM, I was even able to purchase one of the in game pins as an actual pin from Mickeys of Glendale. My sister in law was so jealous. Im just saying it would be awesome.

VMK was incredible. To this day, I'm still confused as to why they chose to close it down - without even considering the option of pay to play. Hey, I would have!!
It breaks my heart :(
Lots of great memories with friends, family and new virtual friends.
Anyone been over to VMKrevisited.com? The start-up music gets me every time.

Anyways, I hope this is true!! :D

perhaps, but they are closing the toon town game along with pixie hallow and the pirates games down.

The OP is over 2 years old... I'd hazard a guess that these were potential names/working titles for what we now know as Infinity. It's not uncommon for companies to buy URLs they MIGHT want for down the road, then never use them.

The OP is over 2 years old... I'd hazard a guess that these were potential names/working titles for what we now know as Infinity. It's not uncommon for companies to buy URLs they MIGHT want for down the road, then never use them.

Yep, I'd agree. It probably is just a connection to the current game of Infinity.

My best guess, is like-minded with everyone else. It was probably just routine domain snagging for "just in case" scenarios in naming Infinity. That said, I'd like to be optimistic in a new, good, MMO being made in light of the recent announcements of the closure of Toontown and Pirates online. I understand Disney is pushing Club Penguin more than ever, but I would still love to see some sort of reincarnation or similar game to VMK. So many good memories there...

In this house if we dont get a response other than an automated one like we've been getting to e-mails we will never purchase another Disney Software Product again. I'm running a petition for the Hollow, writing hand written letters, and I started a youtube channel, next up tomorrow I'm contacting the news. I almost cancelled my wedding I am so angry at Disney's disregard for the public on their shut down of the MMO's. So as wonderful as this game sounds we won't be playing if Disney Interactive cant address the lies they're spewing and lack of customer service. Frankly if Disney doesn't wow the hell out of me and kiss my feet like I'm god at our wedding/honeymoon my husband knows I will never purchase another product from them again the current behavior has put such a nasty taste in my mouth over a company I truly believed in spending thousands a year on thinking it was a good product for my family.

So yes this maybe a good game, but Disney Interactive is on my never again list right now. I hope it full-fills the part that is missing for those of you who lost VMK.

Apparently those vmk kids have grown up enough to get someone to actually develop a game. They have no disney backing of course and are prepared if they are shut down. But, it opens tonight. register at openvmk.com slash relive. I havent made enough posts to put in a link. How embarrassing since I have been reading this board for Quite some time. LOL
I got totally hooked on vmk with all the tweeners because i was playing with my kids. Met some great adult friends too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter