Possible need for wheelchair question

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by jaminmd, Oct 6, 2012.

1. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

My 15 year old daughter injured her foot & is in a boot. She will still have it on during our vacation. She can walk in it but if she gets too sore, do they allow wheelchair rentals for short periods of time?

We plan on spending plenty of time at the resort but she loves WDW and still wants to tour. She has no idea I'm even asking this because I think she'd rather crawl than use a WC but I like to be prepared, just in case. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. peemagg

peemagg <font color=blue>We are doing the AKL tri-fecta<br

Wheelchairs are rented on a daily rate no matter if you rent for only an hour. You can rent in the parks or from an outside vendor. If it were me, I would rent from an outside vendor and just push it empty until she needs it. My thoughts on this is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Walking around Disney in a boot is a whole lot different than at home and school.

4. jaminmd

jaminmd DIS Veteran

Thank you. I don't mind the rental cost at all, even for an hour, just making sure about the access to it. And you're right, it is much different than using it at school so we may take your advice.

5. rewardsinlife

rewardsinlife Mouseketeer

Like the PP said, it is a lot different moving in and out of rides, as well as walking at Disney then doing things at home. She probably doesn't realize just how much she does sit and rest at home. And yes, we rented a WC at 9pm one night for two hours b/c we forgot to bring the 'feet' attachements on my own one night. :thumbsup2

6. disneymarie

disneymarie <font color=blue>Its a rumour about the donuts...<

I tried calling around for transport chair, little lighter for me. The baggage area at the resort provided a chair for time I needed for free. The walker was just not enough. Help. I could not believe the fee to rent a chair.