Possible Banking Question

JCAM450

Earning My Ears
First let me give you a little information. My wife and I have two OKW ownerships. One with a Feb. use year of 230 pts. with 6 pts. banked from 2000. Another is a Sept. use year of 330 pts. with 155 unused pts. from 2000.

We want to make reservations next week for a vacation next Jan.-Feb. that will require approx. 700 points. Because of the size of the reservation we do not want to put it off. We also have hopes of getting away for a short 5-7 day vacation within the next 2-3 months and would like to use the 155 pts. for that but it may not happen. And we don't want to loose them either plus we would need to bank them by May.

I'm a little weak on the banking and borrowing and would like some creative help. I do believe that sense we have two ownerships that MS has to break it up into two separate reservations but they say we would not be required to move.

Any clarification would be helpfull.

Thank you.

We also have multiple contracts and it does get a little confusing at times. I've found MS to be very helpful in assisting with the best use of your points in this way.
Your 6 banked points will expire on Jan. 31, 2002- so they need to be used. The 155 from Sep can still be banked and probably should be if you have no definite plans develop soon.
While the points from the individual contracts cannot be combined (except by a transfer of points), MS will usually suggest using the 6 banked points plus a few from the next use year to book one night and ten reserve other nights using the 155 points (whether banked or not). They will link the reservations together, so there will be no problem with having to vacate your room.
MS seems to be generally hesitant to transfer points (only once per year- in or out ) so, I've found the above method to work quite well.
Make sure to keep track of the contracts separately and you'll be fine.
You should also request an accounting of your contracts- it will list every transaction and provide a written record of the status of your accounts. Enjoy! :)

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter