possibility of changing dinner time?

mthurn

Earning My Ears
The search function is "turned off" so I'm sorry if this question has been asked before.

We are planning our first cruise. We have small children so we CAN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT the early dinner time. (Actually it's DW who turns into a pumpkin at about 9:00pm ;)) Unfortunately it's already full so they assigned us to late dinner and put us on waiting list for early dinner.

We have heard that you can ask to change dinner time (after boarding?). My question is, how likely is it that we can actually switch from late dinner to early dinner session?

It really depends on how full the ship is. If the ship is at capacity it might be hard. If the ship isn't as full it might be easier.

If you haven't already done so ask DCL or your TA (if you booked through one) to put you on the waitlist for early dining. If when you check you find you still have second seating you can ask about changing (the piece of paper they give you at check in tells you when and where to go for dining changes).

Good luck!

We were waitlisted for early dining on our last cruise. When we arrived in our stateroom, we were happy to find that our diner tickets showed the early time listed. Good luck

You also didn't mention which cruise you're on. I am not sure about the Wonder, but on the Magic you have the option of the Topsiders Buffet if at some point you need to have the relief of dinner earlier. And on both ships there is always the option of stateroom dining, and the other places on Deck 9 that serve food regardless of dinner rotations. Food is the one thing you won't have to worry about in any shape or form, let me reassure you :)

I hope you are able to get your dining rotation changed for your cruise. We were not so lucky. We had called and asked a few times with no luck. Our tablemates had wanted early as well and tried to switch on board but it was full. Our sailing was sold out. I know most people on this board prefer late dining but no one in my party liked it. I hope it works out for you. Kim

We were on the wait list for early dining on our 7-night Western cruise. Everything indicated that we were stuck with late dining. To our surprise when we got our rotation and table, we had early dining. I can say that having a little one made early dining a must. We were able to drop him off at Flounder's Reef before or after dinner and still have time to go back into port (Key West and Cozumel). We had the added bonus of awesome table mates, who had a son very close to our son's age.

I hope you too get this surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter