Positive thoughts and Prayers for the 4 year old who almost drowned

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SigalTchelet, Mar 31, 2013.

1. kddlm

kddlm Mouseketeer

Prayers for Chase, his family and friends and his medical team!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. deanimal

deanimal DIS Veteran

Such crushing news! It's not too late for a miracle, but all the medical evidence seems to be pointing to permanent brain damage for this little boy. This family needs prayers more than ever right now. The pain they must be going through is beyond imagining.

4. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

There is also the 'managing expectations' piece as well. All hope is not lost, but one must be cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

He and his family remain in my prayers. Where there is life...there is hope.

6. wwwosie

wwwosie Mom by Day - Disney Freak by Night

So sad, but so true... Then again, where I come from there is a saying: "hope never dies"

7. scootch

scootch DIS Veteran

Just breaks my heart... continued prayers for the little guy and his family.

8. SigalTchelet

SigalTchelet Mouseketeer

Can't giv e up hope-we have to keep those prayers coming!!!

9. barbarasc

barbarasc CruiseCrazy

Positive thoughts and prayers for Chaser!
    :lovestruc

10. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Yes, yes, yes. :hug:

11. snelsonbrown

snelsonbrown "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo Approved Advertiser

My suggestion...lets pick a date and time and everyone light a candle of prayers for this family....the candle can be lit for maybe an hour and the prayer begins at the lighting of this special candle...miracles happen with prayers...just a thought

12. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Yes. Let's do this. Tomorrow or Tuesday....you pick a time when everyone may be home from work..etc. The sooner the better. :hug: Maybe a 9:00 pm time...I'm in California...Can everyone light a candle tomorrow evening? I'm no brain when it comes to time zones so, if someone can break it down to where we are all lighting at the same time.

We may not be able to be there with the family but it gives us something ... bonding ... to help us all and the family with prayers and thoughts.

13. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

I'm in :hug:

Heather

14. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Me too!
    As a speech pathologist, I have had far too many students who were survivors of near-drownings or suffocation and my initial prayers were that Chase would survive with the ability to recognize those who love him and to communicate with them in some manner. My prayers have now targeted the following:
    ~ Swallowing: I pray that his brain heals so that he can reflexively (automatically) swallow. Without this ability, he will need life-long suctioning.
    ~ Siblings: Their lives have also been altered forever and they are too young to comprehend all of this. They will need just as much attention as Chase.
    ~ Transport: I pray that he is stable enough to be medically transported back to Minnesota. The fundraising goal won't even cover all that he needs to be transported safely.

And time zone-wise, all I know is that here in California, we are three hours behind Florida. :)

15. sskem96

sskem96 DIS Veteran

I'm in too. I've been following and praying since the accident, but haven't posted. I really thought with his initial progress that he was going to fully recover, and then Saturday I started to see that things weren't looking good. I'm a nurse and I'm glad that Chase's caregivers are being honest with the family, but I also believe in the power of prayer and this family needs all the prayers they can get!

16. Disneyqueendenmark

Disneyqueendenmark Mouseketeer

Great idea :)

17. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Mouseketeer

I'm in too.

18. jlemieu1

jlemieu1 DIS Veteran

I have forwarded this story to the Minnesota Wild NHL team hoping it will get some attention from them. The last update he used a statement that most MN Wild fans use "The State of Hockey"

19. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

Prayers.

20. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Hmm..I've seen reference to the hockey a few times so that's a great idea. :goodvibes I'm also going to give my DH another update and plant a seed. My DH is an artist and he custom paints the hockey goalie masks (among other things too) and his passion is the kids and he tries to donate his artwork for charities when he can. I'm wondering if they'd donate a goalie mask for him to custom paint and then auction off..... :confused3. He can certainly try :goodvibes

Heather

21. jlemieu1

jlemieu1 DIS Veteran

I will be at the game on 4/9, so I can talk to someone guest relations on this. It might be hard for the team to do something publicly, I was hoping this would catch some ears of the team privately. Your idea sounds great, if not for the Wild maybe for a private family fundraiser. Is sounds like they are from Prior Lake area. Thanks.