Portofino Inn & Suites Question

chloesmommi

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at the Portofino Inn & Suites? How far is the walk to the DL entrance and to DD? Any restaurants within walking distance?

I stayed at the Portofino earlier this year. It is right across the street from the Candy Cane Inn, which is on the same block as the Disneyland properties. It is about a 10 to 15 minute walk to get to the main gate for either DL or CA. About 5 minutes more to get to DD. There are certainly restaurants within walking distance in addition to the restaurants at DD. The Portofino is a decent place and I think you will enjoy it!:cool:

We stayed there this past April and enjoyed it very much. However, I do think its a bit of a walk to the parks, we only walked it twice and took the shuttle (which was extremely convenient) the rest of the time. Not that its that far but the "across the street" thing is a little misleading and after a long day of walking in the parks, we didn't want to walk back.

The only restaurants I can think of within walking distance would be the IHOP, Denny's & McDonalds. We ate at the Red Robin down the block, but we had a car and that is too far to walk.

We really enjoyed the place, great value for the $$, clean, etc. If you have any more questions I'll be happy to help!

Susan

Thanks for your replies. The reservation clerk at the Portofino told me DD is closer to the hotel than DL Park . Would you agree with that? Also, how large are the rooms? We have ressies for a kid's suite. Any other info you can give me would be appreciated.

As far as DD being closer than DL, it all depends on which way you walk. Portofino is right near the intersection of Harbor & Katella. If you walk straight up Harbor, you would then take a left to get to the gates of DL and CA. You must go by those gates to get to DD. However, if you go left down Katella and then turn right on Disneyland Drive, you will hit DD before you hit the enterences to the parks. I still stand by my statement that it is about a 15 minute walk to either destination. As far as the room size, I was actually given one of the suites when I was there in January, even though I was by myself. I don't know square footage, but you can seperate the two rooms with a room divider. The room with the bunkbeds has a T.V., microwave, and a table. Kids should love this room. The other room contains the king bed, T.V., and all other of your standard motel amenities. When the divider is in place, the seperate rooms may seem small, but I'm sure it is a good break from the kids.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter