Portland OR (or vicinity) Disers - a question

Grumpy'sWife4Ever

DIS Veteran
I did a search for Disney Stores in the Portland area, and it came back with their being two - one in Washington Square and one at Clackamas. My question is, is this info still up to date? I would love to plan a trip out to a Disney Store but I know there have been a lot of closures lately and I would hate to get there and find no there there!! LOL!

Also, assuming they are both in tact, is either store "better" than the other, in terms of stock, etc?

TIA! We Coasties are SOOO out of the loop! ;)

I do know that the Washington Square location is still good for the Disney Store. I'm not sure about Clackamas though. Each mall has a website with current store directories so that might help you out. That sure sounds like a fun thing to do right now. I wish there was a store as large as World of Disney around here. That would be such a nice fix between trips! :cloud9:

OMG, I love World of Disney!! We stopped in on our way out of the parks to get our last minute souvenirs and my DH had to drag me out by my mouse ears......

There's one in Washington Squre, and there used to be one at Lloyd Center, but closed some months ago. I also remember there being a Disney parks store in Newport, when I went a couple years ago to there; there was a sale, because they were closing. I got a TOT jacket there. I think it was DLR merchandise only, though. But they had a bunch of cool stuff, like some ride models!

So the store in Newport isn't there anymore? I'm headed there for the weekend and I got all excited reading your post until I saw the bit about 'because it was closing'. How did I never know it was there? Where was it? :confused3

Clackamas is still there. Lloyd center did close. Bummer :( The clackamas store has decent selection...nothing like world of disney of course! :) I think we'll be by there later this week.

TY to all. We don't make it out to the valley often, so I have to plan these things out in advance. It helps not to have to drive all over just to find a store has closed- I don't necessarily trust mall websites because they don't always update regularly, I would rather hear it from other shoppers who have seen the goods with their own peepers! :goodvibes

My best friend used to be the manager at the Disney Store at the Washington Square Mall...... she left to persue other things......I asked her if she was nuts!!!!! I would have loved working with all the Disney stuff!

If you go to the mall & happen to eat at the Cheesecake Factory....say hello to my son Nick......he works the front of the restaurant as a host!!

Have fun!

There's a Disney outlet at the mall by the race track. I'm trying to convince my hubby to take me up there, so far he's not buying it:sad2:

There's a Disney outlet at the mall by the race track. I'm trying to convince my hubby to take me up there, so far he's not buying it:sad2:

I just looked up the info here. Looks like they are going to be at Jantzen Beach until May 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter