Port orleans

Where would you stay?

• Riverside

• French Quarter

• None of the above, would not go there ever!

• I would rather stay at another hotel, but this one is ok

Results are only viewable after voting.

momandseandodisney

DIS Veteran
So I have decided the 5 extra days we are going now (9 nights already in the Polynesian)

I was thinking of Port Orleans – can anyone give me some insight to this property?

It is myself and my DS7 going, do you think river side or French quarter

Or is there another comparable resort you would stay at instead? Why?

We are leaving in less then 1 month . . .

HELP ME DECIDE 

Mommy and Sean

My family has stayed in both, but we seem to keep coming back to riverside....it is just beautiful! The theming is amazing and there are plenty of places to walk or ride bikes. There is one main/themed pool with a water slide and a hot tub as well as several other quiet pools.

We have stayed at both. Riverside has a more interesting pool area (IMO). The theming is different, but I believe the basic room layouts are the same. FQ has been more recently refurbished, so may seem a bit "fresher". It is also smaller, and I like that more intimate feel.

Also keep in mind Coronado Springs if your son likes pools. That pool area looks like a lot of fun! (Except when we were there it was about 40 degrees!).

Obviously none of the moderates are going to provide the same amenities of the Poly. As long as you don't try to compare them, you should be fine with FQ or RS.

kathi :flower:

We had a terrible time when we stayed AR POR last time. I agree with Kathi regarding the pool at CSR!

My DH and I will be going down in two weeks, we will be staying at POFQ. I have stayed at CSR and I agree the pool is alot of fun. My DD ten at the time loved it. The pool at POR looks really cool too.

From what I have seen on this board, if you stay at POFQ you could walk over to POR and use the pool there.

momandseandodisney said:
Sounds good - can anyone point me to the direction of pics of this place? They have really limited ones on the disney site.
My CSR website of course! Just click on the link below. Good luck deciding!!

I recommend staying at Riverside first as the outdoor landscaping is beautiful. If you stay at French quarter first you will be spoiled by the room decor and furniture. I have lots of photos of both resorts on my webshots album.

Riverside is our favorite resort. We prefer the AB section, although either section is fine! The landscaping is lush and beautiful, and the resort is a great place to relax. Of course, one of our primary reasons for staying there is breakfast at Boatwright's! We also love the boat to DD. It's a nice way to see the old Treehouse Villas, and gets you to DD withough any hassles. It's particularly nice just at sunset!

Beth

Can you request where you want to stay on the resort? I dont care if i have a water view really . . .

So you can take a boat to Down Town? Even better!

has anyone done a carrige ride on the property? Worth it? Do I have to make reservations now? or can I probaly get a ride on the spot (or close to it when I get there)

Full of questions . . . :Pinkbounc

Mommy and Sean

:cool1: I'm taking my 5 yr. old daughter toWDW for her first time. We will be going in Feb. 2006. I was thinking about CSR, but wasn't quite sure. With all the info. you supply, I think I made up my mind. :cheer2: Thanks again. :earsgirl: princess:
Buzz2001 said:
My CSR website of course! Just click on the link below. Good luck deciding!!

I was just going to post a thread "POR vs. POFQ?" Glad I saw this thread!

I had a ressie for POFQ for Oct 14 and 15 (a weekend) and just tried to apply a FL RES RATE to it. FL RES RATE was not available at POFQ, but was available at POR so I made the switch (saving me over $70 for the 2 nights.) I have never stayed at either resort, so it didn't truly matter.

I got two nights for $250 (including all taxes and surcharges.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter