Port Orleans

Princess_Jessie959

Earning My Ears
Last year my family went to Caribbean Beach and we all loved it but to my knowledge this year we have decided to go back to Disney and stay at Port Orleans French Quarter. We noticed that Caribbean Beach has some major construction going on. I have stayed at Port Orleans once before when i was little. Can anyone tell me if it has changed much i haven't been to port orleans since i was 8 or 9. Please let me know!!!!

Here are a few photos from our last stay there in '05. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou area. We really like it and have tried to stay there every time. You should also check out the POR resort info threads. They'll have many more photos to see and comments to read! :cool1:

Florida2005001.jpg

Florida2005003.jpg

Florida2005008.jpg

Florida2005006.jpg

Florida2005011-1.jpg

Florida2005012.jpg

Florida2005013.jpg

Florida2005021.jpg

Florida2005052.jpg

Are those pictures taken in Riverside or the French Quarter?? It looks like there in Riverside....do you have any french quarter pics or did you walk through The french Quarter at all???

Those are obviously Riverside pics. I have stayed at both in the past two years. Sorry but I don't have any French Quater pics handy.

Are those pictures taken in Riverside or the French Quarter?? It looks like there in Riverside....do you have any french quarter pics or did you walk through The french Quarter at all???

Whoops! I didn't see the FQ bit until after I posted those. :lol: Yea, we walked the entire resort. I don't have very in-depth ones though, because that's not the area we stayed in. You will be able to get an idea of the grounds though. Like I said before, you should check out the POR thread. There you'll find everything you'll need. :)

Florida2005027.jpg

Florida2005028.jpg

Florida2005033.jpg

Florida2005039.jpg

Florida2005037.jpg

Florida2005042.jpg

Florida2005043.jpg

Florida2005044.jpg

Florida2005045-1.jpg

Florida2005046.jpg

Florida2004042.jpg

Last year my family went to Caribbean Beach and we all loved it but to my knowledge this year we have decided to go back to Disney and stay at Port Orleans French Quarter. We noticed that Caribbean Beach has some major construction going on. I have stayed at Port Orleans once before when i was little. Can anyone tell me if it has changed much i haven't been to port orleans since i was 8 or 9. Please let me know!!!!

It no longer has a TS. Though there is a lounge, Scat Cats, with a jazz musician preforming Wed-Sun featuring Eliott Dyson. It now shares buses with POR, but POFQ is first on and off for the parks. There is now a fridge in the room. It's still as peaceful as can be.

That is really good to know tht POFQ is the first bus stop to and from the parks. I can't wait to get there i'm so excited.:rotfl:

A jazz musician?! YAYAYAY! I'm staying there for the very first time in November and this is terrific news!!! :rolleyes1

We went last spring break. It was just me and the kids, DH went to the Final Four, and we loved that everything was so close. Since it was our first time, I don't know if anything has changed, but the buses were fine and it was great to be first on and first off.

My DD loved the food court options for breakfast--we're staying at the Poly this spring break and she disappointed about not having the food court:confused3.

The grounds and theming are great. We loved it--it's our fave mod.

We went last spring break. It was just me and the kids, DH went to the Final Four, and we loved that everything was so close. .

Can you explain. What was close? the parks? You took the transportation? How long did it take you for each park? Trying to decide between this asn ASM.
Christine

Can you explain. What was close? the parks? You took the transportation? How long did it take you for each park? Trying to decide between this asn ASM.
Christine

I think what she means is the resort is real small and compact and a short walk from the lobby, bus stop, boat dock etc. on the resort itself.

Yes to what YesMickey said. Sorry I didn't clarify. The resort is compact--not sure on exact minutes to the parks, but not bad at all. We just really enjoyed it--hope you do too!:goodvibes

POFQ is my favorite mod. We love that it's small and only has 1 bus stop, all the rooms are close to the pool and food court. We also love the option of using the ammenities at POR without having to deal with the size of a HUGE resort and the crowds. When we stayed at POFQ in 2006, we booked a horse drawn carriage ride at POR and loved it, the grounds of both resorts are just beautiful. The boat to DTD is a great perk as well. You'll love this resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter