Port Orleans - Special tips needed

jodistar

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I will be going this October(end) - November and I was wondering if there were any tips that my fellow board members can give me.

We have a couple of days where we have scheduled honeymoon pictures with Disney Photographic Services and they are quite early - 9 am in the Magic Kingdom, 9 am at MGM, and 10 am at EPCOT....any tips on how early we should we leave using Disney transportation? Or should we find our own transportation?

Also, any recommendations on dining? We really love the character diners - any recommendations on breakfasts in the Magic Kingdom, MGM, EPCOT or where you would go for priority seating for lunch time? We are both working at a healthier lifestyle too - we'd like to keep that going on vacation as much as possible.

TIA,

Jodi

One more thing we want to add on the Dining Plan any idea how that works out with Priority seating or Character meals?

Haven't stayed at POR, but when we stayed all the All Stars last fall, I allowed an hour travel time using the Disney bus transportation to get to our PS meals and parks in the morning, and we were always early.

As far as dining, we did seven character meals last fall and I liked them all. Granted, some were better than others. In the MK, we loved Crystal Palace for breakfast. Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, and Tigger were so much fun. We had a PS before the park opened, and by the time we were done, the park was opening and we were stuffed and ready to go! At Epcot, we went to the Princess Storybook Breakfast. We really enjoyed the food, and the princesses were nice, talked with our boys a little bit, etc. We ate at Donald's Breakfastasaurus at AK, same thing. The food was really good, character interaction wasn't great, but we got an autograph and picture with each, which is why we went. We also did both of those before opening.

I haven't done the dining package yet, but you can trade one sit-down meal for a character meal; since you get a sit down meal for each day of your trip, you could do that many character meals if you wanted to. We had one sit-down meal a day, then filled in the rest with snacks and counter service meals and that was plenty of food.

Hope this helps,

Steph

I would leave the resort about an hour before your appointments.

Our favorite character meal in the MK is the Liberty Tree Dinner. Good food, lots of fun.

In the MK, Cinderella's Royal table has a great dinner. No characters, but very nice.

In Epcot, I would eat at Alfredo's in Italy. Good food, beautiful resturant. Nice atmosphere.

The Garden Grill in Epcot is a great chatacter meal to.

In MGM we like Mama Melrose & Brown Derby.

1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian has a great character breakfast.

Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary in our favorite breakfast.

Here is a list of all the characters & where you can eat with them:

http://allearsnet.com/din/cbchar.htm

Make sure to tell all the servers & characters you are on your honemoon!

First off, congrats on your upcoming wedding!! DH and I honeymooned at WDW in Sept/Oct and had a blast. As a side note, I suggest getting the Minnie wedding ears and the Mickey top hat....not only are they fun to wear but occassionally CM will do special things for you because you are on your honeymoon. To answer your questions, DH and I are leaving for POFQ on Friday so if that is the PO resort you will be staying at I will post a report when I get back. We love character meals as well....love Crystal Palace for breakfast......LTT was good for dinner....Chef Mickey's was good for dinner....we'll be doing Donald's for the first time this trip....hope this helps and happy planning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter