port Orleans riverside vs Buena vista suites

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by holtfam6, Dec 5, 2012.

1. holtfam6

holtfam6 Earning My Ears

We are going to Disney world end of June over July 5. Struggling with where to stay between these two places. They each have good points. Staying at Disney would convenient as my daughter has to be at port Orleans two days for dance commitments. Plus she's performing at downtown Disney Buena vista is half the price of Disney and includes free breakfast. Any advice would be great since I've never been to Disney

Thanks
    Kathy

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

If you can pay the extra money, POR will be so worth it. It is truly one of my favorite Disney resorts. It was also were I stayed the first time I stayed on site. Major, major step up from staying off site (IMHO).

There is something so magical about being at a Disney resort. This particular resort is gorgeous, the pools are all lovely, the rooms are recently refurbed, and the walking paths are delightful. The boat to DTD is a huge plus. Even the food at the food court is really decent. Oh - and Yeehaw Bob's show on the weekend is so much fun.

I am sure you will have a great time no matter where you stay, but for me the choice to stay at POR would be a no brainer.

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Our first WDW vacay we stayed off site, at a perfectly nice Marriott Courtyard to save money. After we saw the wdw resorts, and ease of wdw transportation, we decided its on site for us.

Plus, staying in wdw, you'll save money by not having to rent a car, and Airport transportation is included.
    Also your daughter will enjoy being at the same resort as her friends.

The WDW resorts are not just hotels, they are part of the experience. POR is beautiful. We love the mansion section.