Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by abruc381, Jan 2, 2013.

1. abruc381

abruc381 Earning My Ears

Sep 1, 2012
    We will be staying at the POR royal rooms Jan 26-Feb 2 for our honeymoon. Just wondered what to expect as it is our first time staying at this resort. Any tips/advice greatly appreciated! I was also wondering what the parks are like this time of year. Thanks!
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
  4. MagicKingdom4Ever

MagicKingdom4Ever Mouseketeer

Feb 8, 2012
    The royal rooms are magical! We stayed in one in Nov. and loved all the princess touches. POR is a big resort so I would recommend checking out the resort map prior to arriving. It took us a while to get used to the layout.

Also the resort has multiple pools- the ones closer to the buildings seemed quieter than the main pool. It is also nice to walk along the path that connects to French Quarter or take the boat to DTD.

Have a fun trip!
  5. Stitch2244314

Stitch2244314 DIS Veteran

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't have much to add really, except that you're going to LOVE the royal rooms! At least I did haha. Everything is designed and themed with careful attention to detail. Mix that in with a fresh room, and I thought it was terrific. Enjoy your trip! :)