Port Orleans Riverside Question!

Courtneyy

Earning My Ears
Can someone please tell me what is the difference in distance to the main building from the preferred rooms and from the Magnolia. Thank you! :)

I believe there is a POR resort information thread that may be able to answer your question.

Just do a search!

:)

Can someone please tell me what is the difference in distance to the main building from the preferred rooms and from the Magnolia. Thank you! :)

The preferred rooms are basically close to the check in and central lobby building. The Magnolia buildings are across a small island. Unless you are handicapped or have a hard time walking, most of the buildings are not that far (there is one that is about 7 minutes from the lobby/food court). You go past the pool and over a short bridge. If you are taking the busses, the East stop is either outside the building or a couple buildings away at most.

Check the WDWinfo website and take a look at the map.

I recently stayed in a preferred room at POR during the 3rd week of October. I was assigned to lodge 18 which was about a 5 minute walk to the main lobby, food court, etc. Sorry, I can't help with the walking time to Magnolia.

Here's a great site with lots of info on the Port Orleans Resorts: www.portorleans.org

IMO, there's not much of a difference if you are placed in Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace in the mansion section. These are both the buildings that do not house Royal Rooms so if you book any category other than preferred and Royal Rooms, and you request the mansions, you will be in one of these two buildings if they accommodate your request. To get to the mansions, you have to walk the long way around the pool and over a bridge. To get to the preferred rooms in AB, you walk straight past the pool and they are right there. Not a huge difference for the price, IMO.

I've found it's a fairly short (and pretty) walk from mansions either Acadian or Magnolia, to food court. I also prefer the theming more then the rustic Alligator Bayou themed rooms. It's a personal pref.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter