Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked Riverside for next August! :banana:
Did you get the free dining bounce back? We plan to book it for next June and besides being stressed by Erika, I won't relax until I get that BB reservation.

It is really hard to concentrate at work today with everything going on. But in spite of the weather we are really looking forward to our first stay at POR. :cool1:

I had a 8:00am ressie at BOG this Monday. I drove to TTC and took the bus there to MK. The monorail was not opened yet at 7:45 (starts at 8:30). Saw the sign for MK bus. It is right next to EPCOT monorail/gift shop. The bus is def the quickest way to get to MK. It took less than 10 mins to get to the front gate. However, we were still late for the ressie--Photopass photographers were there and I just couldn't pass up the photo ops. No problem at BOG check in. Another 10 mins wait in the line for the ordering kiosk. Food came quite quickly--took our time eating and still walked out at a little past 9. 7DMT was running with 40 mins wait. We had FP+ for that so went to Astro Orbiter (walk on) &Space Mountain (posted 10 mins; waited 5)

Other MK days, I took the bus from POR. No problem at the West Depot.
Just curious what made u take your car for the 8am ressie? We plan to do EMH AM at MK and have option of taking car, but always heard bus was better? Arriving in 10 days!

Does anyone know how much space is between the bed and the wall? I'm wondering if our co-sleeper will fit in that space. It's slightly narrower than a pack'n'play. Thanks!

Just curious what made u take your car for the 8am ressie? We plan to do EMH AM at MK and have option of taking car, but always heard bus was better? Arriving in 10 days!

I had an 'Ohana ressie at night and was thinking taking the car from TTC to Polynesian. I ended up a bit tight in time and took the monorail to Polynesian and then back to TTC after dinner. I would have walk to TTC from Polynesian but decided to take the monorail because my hubby just didn't want to walk anymore. o_O

Does anyone know how much space is between the bed and the wall? I'm wondering if our co-sleeper will fit in that space. It's slightly narrower than a pack'n'play. Thanks!

I think it would fit the wall between the bed and the door but not from the bed next to the bathroom wall. The space between the inner bed and wall is very tight--maybe a space of a standing luggage.

Did you get the free dining bounce back? We plan to book it for next June and besides being stressed by Erika, I won't relax until I get that BB reservation.

Don't know about Disneylover99, but I did book the BB last week. The brochure in the room did not have the free dining over, only the room discount for the rest of the year. I called the BB hotmail, and asked for the free dining BB as suggested by other Disers. It started on 8/26/16 and hopper or water fun is required. For my family of 5, I was quoted a little more than $3000 for 4 nights standard room with 5 days hopper tickets. I paid $3200 for 6 night GV with 5 days regular tickets for this year.

It is really hard to concentrate at work today with everything going on. But in spite of the weather we are really looking forward to our first stay at POR. :cool1:
Yes, I booked free dining for Aug. 26 - Sept. 2nd. There were no standard rooms available for my dates, so I booked a Garden View.

Our total for the four of us was $3338.92 for eight day tickets.

Last edited:
I think it would fit the wall between the bed and the door but not from the bed next to the bathroom wall. The space between the inner bed and wall is very tight--maybe a space of a standing luggage.

Thank you. That's what it looked like from the room layout, but I just wanted to double check. :)

Does anyone know if an inflatible single sized airbed will fit in an AB room? We have 3 adult members who don't want to share a queen bed. We're not trying to go over occupancy.

We have a 510pm ressie for Ohana and then we plan to go to MK for a short while, but leave before fireworks. (We will be at epcot in the AM, then return to POR for rest) We have a car so thinking we could drive to Poly and park there for dinner. Then take boat or monorail over to MK. Then return to Poly via boat or monorail to pick up car. Does this sound like the best option? Really want to avoid the bus as it can be stressful with our family of 6. Would you recommend parking at Poly or TTC? TIA!

Hopefully you are seeing the news today and relaxing some. Erika is moving further west and deteriorating. Will likely not even be a tropical storm when it impacts Orlando area and center should be west. Pretty much just a bunch of rain. Wax up your ponchos and all should be well.

For today, I'll be around POR / POFQ all day if anyone wants to look out for me (wearing a dark green PortOrleans.org T-Shirt). Feel free to message me on Twitter @PortOrleansOrg or Facebook. I'll probably be Periscoping on @PortOrleansOrg a bit during the day too if you want to follow me to get notifications.

Andre

Andre: I've enjoyed checking out your live stream from on portorleans.org several times during the day. Maybe it's just the angle the camera is facing but it doesn't appear that you have much of a view of the "river".

A case and a half of water and few juice boxes will be put outside room 1626 at approximately 2:00 pm today if anyone wants them. We over ordered a tad!

We have a 510pm ressie for Ohana and then we plan to go to MK for a short while, but leave before fireworks. (We will be at epcot in the AM, then return to POR for rest) We have a car so thinking we could drive to Poly and park there for dinner. Then take boat or monorail over to MK. Then return to Poly via boat or monorail to pick up car. Does this sound like the best option? Really want to avoid the bus as it can be stressful with our family of 6. Would you recommend parking at Poly or TTC? TIA!

Park at the TTC. You're not supposed to park at a resort and then go to a theme park, and the TTC is an easy walk to the Poly.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their posts while visiting lately! We will be there in October, and now that our touring plans, dining reservations and FP+ selections have been made, I feel a little lost that there is nothing I can plan! We've never stayed at POR, but reading everyone's posts is getting me so excited for our visit and I feel part of the POR community already thanks to the helpful posts. Hope the scheduled rainy weather affects those there as minimally as possible.

Orlando Theme Parks News is reporting several changes to the quick service menus at both Riverside and French Quarter:

New Quick Service Menu Items Available at Port Orleans

Assortments of new delicious menu items have been added to the Riverside Mill (the main quick-service restaurant located inside Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside) and the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (found at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter). As part of a recent property-wide menu updating project, over 37 items were changed or added to create a memorable and varied experience for Guests staying at (or just visiting) these hotels.

At Riverside Mill, breakfast Guests can choose from an on-the-go Egg Sandwich, a selection of quiches, or the Breakfast Po’Boy for an authentic, southern meal. For lunch and dinner, the delicious Veggie Wrap has been joined with the Muffaletta Sandwich and the always-popular Corn Dog Nuggets.

At Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, breakfast starts with a create-your-own bounty platter. In addition to the Quiche and Corn Dog Nuggets above, lunch meals include Po’ Boys with catfish, chicken parmesan and cold salad options. Dinner offers rotating pastas and entrées of the day, French Market meatloaf, Salmon and Pork Roast.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/08/new-quick-service-menu-items-available.html?m=1

If you are using the valet then go ahead and park at Poly. Otherwise use TTC , if you use regular parking at Poly it is only for the time of your meal.

We are here now and booked the free dining bounce back for June. I asked the CM about availability for this offer and she said that it was wide open right now. I asked her if a lot of people were booking June and she said that most people were booking Aug 26th.

I checked the Be Our Guest booklet in our room and it still had the 2015 bounce back. It is a good thing I already knew that the free dining offer was available, too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter