Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Starting tomorrow (Sunday July 5th) Port Orleans Riverside will be bringing back the cocktail servers at the Ol' Man Island pool area. There will also be a new bar menu for Muddy Rivers. The food options stay the same as the previous menu, and many of the existing drinks remain too, but there are a number of specialty drinks which are new and unique to Port Orleans (a traditional Hurricane, Front Porch Freeze, Gata-Melon Juice, NOLA Cola, and the non-alcoholic Bull Frog Brew). One cool option is the 'All That Jazz', which is a layered frozen drink containing three of the other new cocktails. Full details of the new menu are already on my site at www.portorleans.org/muddyrivers.php.

Andre

Starting tomorrow (Sunday July 5th) Port Orleans Riverside will be bringing back the cocktail servers at the Ol' Man Island pool area. There will also be a new bar menu for Muddy Rivers.

The new pool bar menu is now available at Muddy Rivers on Ol' Man Island, see www.portorleans.org/muddyrivers.php for full details and prices.

muddyriversbanner_small.jpg

(the drink on the right will be an "All That Jazz")

Andre

For faxing POR room requests, is it ok to fax on a weekend? I check in on a Wednesday (7/22) so will someone receive the fax if I send it on Saturday or Sunday? Thanks!

For faxing POR room requests, is it ok to fax on a weekend? I check in on a Wednesday (7/22) so will someone receive the fax if I send it on Saturday or Sunday? Thanks!

Saturday would be fine. This is a hotel don't forget, there are people there 24/7 and they don't close at weekends or set the fax machine to recycle-paper mode. :)

Andre

Sorry, I keep forgetting to repost newsy stuff here! By the time I've put it on my own news pages, and then linked to it from Facebook, Twitter, RSS and sometimes Google+ and Instagram, I've forgotten all about the poor old DIS. :oops:

Anyway, for those who don't follow any of the aforementioned links...
Roofing refurbishment will commence on the Magnolia Terrace mansion building (building 85) at Port Orleans Riverside in January 2016. This will be the same kind of work that was undertaken on Oak Manor (building 90) during the equivalent time period back in 2014, and so will presumably involve temporary closures of portions of the building on a rolling basis to avoid inconveniencing guests. Even so, guests should be aware that there will probably be scaffolding visible around the current work areas, and some daytime noise too. By way of comparison, the Oak Manor work in 2014 took about six months to complete and was finished in mid July, see the 2014 news post.

Andre

Well, looks like I'll now be here for Wine & Dine weekend - 11/6-9. I was at POFQ, but flight prices were such that it's actually cheaper for me to stay an extra night, and to stay at FQ would have required a room change (no thank you). I initially went down to Pop, but I'm truly a Moderate girl at heart. I love CBR, but for a difference of almost $20/night (when you add in taxes and such) I'm willing to give POR another try. (Stayed here once several years ago - we were in the Mansions section and I felt like I was trapped in my grandmother's house.)

I booked a preferred room, so I know I'll be in AB - I haven't liked the idea of it, but the pics of the "new" (I know refurb was a few years ago) rooms make me feel ok about it. Excited!! :)

Well, looks like I'll now be here for Wine & Dine weekend - 11/6-9. I was at POFQ, but flight prices were such that it's actually cheaper for me to stay an extra night, and to stay at FQ would have required a room change (no thank you). I initially went down to Pop, but I'm truly a Moderate girl at heart. I love CBR, but for a difference of almost $20/night (when you add in taxes and such) I'm willing to give POR another try. (Stayed here once several years ago - we were in the Mansions section and I felt like I was trapped in my grandmother's house.)

I booked a preferred room, so I know I'll be in AB - I haven't liked the idea of it, but the pics of the "new" (I know refurb was a few years ago) rooms make me feel ok about it. Excited!! :)
Lol! The mansions have been refurbed since then! They look great.

Lol! The mansions have been refurbed since then! They look great.

Haha! :) The preferred rooms were $2/night cheaper than the King Bed rooms which could be anywhere - and outside of Royal Rooms (more than CBR), were my only two options. I'll do the Bayou thing this time. :)

A couple questions :)
Regarding faxes......is it better to send too soon or too late ;). We are checking in on a Thursday. I will probably not have the ability to send a fax on the weekend, so it would have to be Friday (6 days out) or Monday (3 days out)l. Which is better? Does it matter? And should I call now and ask to have my room request added to my reservation as well......when I booked, the very nice, chatty CM asked if I had a preference, but other than saying AB, I don't remember what else I told her :rolleyes:. What number would I call to do that? I don't know why I'm stressing over this so much, but we just don't like the mansions AT ALL, and if we don't get a first floor room, I will feel guilty about DS disturbing our downstairs neighbors with his flappy jumping and lead foot pacing the entire trip!

A couple questions :)
Regarding faxes......is it better to send too soon or too late ;). !

The number for the reservations center is at the top of the FAQ in the first post, 1-407-WDISNEY.

As for when you should send a fax, I suggest 3-5 days - but honestly, they don't have a dragon which incinerates faxes from people who don't follow our internet-nerdiness guidelines. :) I probably wouldn't send it on your day-of-arrival, or too much earlier than 5 days beforehand as it will just sit on someone's desk, but otherwise whatever works for you - Monday should be fine. It's a hotel room request, not a closely-defined legal procedure.

Andre

The number for the reservations center is at the top of the FAQ in the first post, 1-407-WDISNEY.

As for when you should send a fax, I suggest 3-5 days - but honestly, they don't have a dragon which incinerates faxes from people who don't follow our internet-nerdiness guidelines. :) I probably wouldn't send it on your day-of-arrival, or too much earlier than 5 days beforehand as it will just sit on someone's desk, but otherwise whatever works for you - Monday should be fine. It's a hotel room request, not a closely-defined legal procedure.

Andre

:rotfl2: Thanks for the reply (and the laugh!). I don't know why I make such a big deal out of things sometimes :confused3

I've never faxed in a request before, but am considering doing so this time. I've book preferred, which I know is AB. My preferences in order are 1) second floor, 2) corner room, 3) non-connecting. Would I just list my preferences in that order? Obviously along with being polite and saying please and thank you for anything they can do.

I've never faxed in a request before, but am considering doing so this time. I've book preferred, which I know is AB. My preferences in order are 1) second floor, 2) corner room, 3) non-connecting. Would I just list my preferences in that order? Obviously along with being polite and saying please and thank you for anything they can do.

Yup. List them in order of preference. :thumbsup2

Saturday would be fine. This is a hotel don't forget, there are people there 24/7 and they don't close at weekends or set the fax machine to recycle-paper mode. :)

Andre
Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I've got the best chance of having my fax read. :)

weird question.. will they send a fax to POR for me from all star music? we are doing a split stay. (no, we do NOt have a smart phone or a lap top....sigh...) we booked POR in the spring with bounceback.. that doarned "free" dining" called to us. so we changed the beginning of our trip to music with "free" dning (upgrading to the regular plan)

weird question.. will they send a fax to POR for me from all star music? we are doing a split stay. (no, we do NOt have a smart phone or a lap top....sigh...) we booked POR in the spring with bounceback.. that doarned "free" dining" called to us. so we changed the beginning of our trip to music with "free" dning (upgrading to the regular plan)

I'm not sure. But you can always call and have your requests added to your reservation. A faxed request isn't more likely to get granted than one that's phoned in.

thanks dan.. yeah, I already did phone in my requests. actually made them when we phoned in our reservation (we are SO old school! lol) it's just that ANdre said that it's best to also faxin the requests. (the online check in never have the wording I want!)

Bounce Back offers ....

Just thought I'd ask here as I'm not sure if the offers change based on where you are staying, but in terms of the bounce back offers we've never really looked into them and I'm going to this year, as we want to return next year and not wait the 2 years like we have these past few years.

Any how weather they change per resort or not does anyone know the current bounce back offers that are provided to the guests of Port Orleans Riverside?

Doing my planning for my September trip (only 64 more days)!

Is it easier to take the boat to DTD to transfer to hotels (animal kingdom) for dinner or a bus to Epcot.

I plan to take a taxi back but was trying to figure out how to get there

That is the only think I dislike about Disney transportation. No easy way to get to resorts without stopping at a theme park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter