Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So, should I still fax a request if I can reiterating that we want AB and first floor, and asking to be closer to the food court?

Also, if you do the online check in ahead of time, does that have anything to do with your requests? Can you request those things when you do the online check in? Can you still fax requests even if you did the online check in?

In short, what have you got to lose? Sending a fax costs nothing and can only improve your chances. Just let them know what your circumstances are, and what sort of room location would work best for you. You can do Online Checkin up to 60 days out, but there isn't much by way of requests that you can add (you can at least request ground floor though). Send your fax about 3-5 days out (after you've done Online Checkin).

And yes, birthday buttons can be picked up at the front desk or any Guest Relations location.

Andre

We are here now and love the resort, it's beautiful. We didn't send a request as we paid for what we wanted. Unfortunately, we didn't even get that. We paid for a royal room garden view 3 rooms and we are facing the parking lot. We have room 9431, 9432 and 9429 . Aren't those standard rooms?

We have room 9431, 9432 and 9429 . Aren't those standard rooms?

No, all of those central rooms are classified Garden View; they overlook a grassy courtyard, beyond which is the entrance driveway and the parking lots are to either side:

POR-MB-2013-0642_forum.jpg

You could always ask to be moved if you are not happy with the view (perhaps to the same sort of locations one floor down on other side of the building, which are also Garden View locations but with the river visible beyond the courtyard instead of the road - it would only a quick walk through the central corridor to take your stuff across). However with three rooms that might be problematical.

Andre

Thank you. That map is what I was looking for. I don't really care what the view is but my husband does.

My son in law went down and told them we weren't happy with the view and they offered to move all 3 of our rooms, our luggage and everything but now my husband doesn't want to move. But I wanted you all to know that they would do that.

Also, to address some of the other concerns I see here, we have had no issues with the buses. Not walking to them, waiting for them or getting on them. We've not waited more than a few minutes and always get on the first one that comes. Though we do have to stand sometimes but we don't mind that.

Only a month to go and we'll be back at POR! We'll be in an Alligator Bayou building since there are 5 of us in a plain old standard room (which I'm fine with)....so here is the question - are there any standard rooms worth requesting at POR/Alligator Bayou? We were in building 37 last time which worked out okay. I wasn't planning on making a request since we only will be in one room, don't have any issues with steps, etc but I thought maybe there are some good buildings/rooms that I don't know about to ask for. :)

Also, to address some of the other concerns I see here, we have had no issues with the buses. Not walking to them, waiting for them or getting on them. We've not waited more than a few minutes and always get on the first one that comes. Though we do have to stand sometimes but we don't mind that.

How are the buses returning from MK after fireworks? We will have a car and will be driving to all the parks except this one and this is my main concern. Thanks!

How are the buses returning from MK after fireworks? We will have a car and will be driving to all the parks except this one and this is my main concern. Thanks!

Extremely crowded. But that is how they are for just about EVERY resort. We have learned it is so much more relaxing to grab a snack and a seat and people watch after Wishes. Plus we really enjoy the good night kiss. If we hang back for about 30-45 minutes we can usually walk right on a bus and get a seat.

We do that too, like Dansdad. Either leave before Wishes, or take our time after Wishes, stroll along Main St, go into shops, sit on a bench and people watch then after the mass exit we'll go. All busses are very crowded at park closing.

We do that too, like Dansdad. Either leave before Wishes, or take our time after Wishes, stroll along Main St, go into shops, sit on a bench and people watch then after the mass exit we'll go.

You won't get any arguments from me on that one! I love the parks at night once the crowds start to thin out and you can just enjoy some relaxing time without worrying about when the next FP+ or meal is booked. I've been "swept" from some of the more remote areas more than once. :)

Generally the CMs won't tell you to leave for quite some time, they'll just helpfully remind you that the rides are now closed, and let you know which way the exit is in case you are unsure. Then eventually they will prevent any more people from going from the Main Street/hub areas back into the lands.

Also a lot of people don't realise that the Main Street shops don't shut until an hour or so after the official park closing time too.

Andre

Last edited:
We arrive in 10 days!! I have a couple more questions.
1. We are ordering water from amazon using prime pantry. We arrive Saturday 5/30. We have zero experience ordering prime pantry. What day should I order?
2. If anyone knows of a better place to order water please let me know. I am ordering 36 16.9 oz nestle purified water bottles. Total shipped is $13.48.
3. We will be attending Star Wars Weekends. Do the buses run any earlier than 6:30 am?

We will be staying at POR for 2 weeks next month (13 nights). We are booked for a pool view and have already called in our request for 2nd floor, building 16, but I may add "building 16 or 18" to our faxed request. I didn't know at the time of my original request that the few pool view rooms in building 18 were not considered preferred rooms. Anyway, because of the length of our stay, I would really prefer to not end up at the back of the resort. We don't usually mind a little walk but after two weeks, I'm afraid the "hike" to the main building might get old. Has anyone had good luck getting their requests honored based on longer stays?

We have 2 rooms booked with dining at POR 5/23-5/29. Also, 8 day park passes. If we wanted to try and add 1 night would it be better to call or ask at check in?

We have 2 rooms booked with dining at POR 5/23-5/29. Also, 8 day park passes. If we wanted to try and add 1 night would it be better to call or ask at check in?

I would call as I would rather know before I got there.

We will be staying at POR for 2 weeks next month (13 nights). We are booked for a pool view and have already called in our request for 2nd floor, building 16, but I may add "building 16 or 18" to our faxed request. I didn't know at the time of my original request that the few pool view rooms in building 18 were not considered preferred rooms. Anyway, because of the length of our stay, I would really prefer to not end up at the back of the resort. We don't usually mind a little walk but after two weeks, I'm afraid the "hike" to the main building might get old. Has anyone had good luck getting their requests honored based on longer stays?
Yes. Our stays are 10-14 days and most of the time I got my requests. Sometimes was surprised with an upgrade. I always book a GV, but have been given pool or River views on occasion. We always request the Mansion section so I don't have any experience with preferred views.

Of all the resorts i've stayed at, POR has the best room assignor team!

Which bus stop is the first pickup? Or maybe the better question is what is the order in which the buses pick up in POR?

It varies. Sometimes they start at south depot and sometimes south is last pick up. Since we stay in mansion section we always use the north or East depot. I find the main South Depot too crowded and crazy. People just stand on line whether it's their bus coming or not. So it's hard to figure out who's actually on line to get on the arriving bus or not.
People at the other bus stops just sit on the benches to wait, and when their bus comes they get up. Much more civilized!

Hello,

Going to POR Sept 4-12. This is our 4th trip in 5 years, but we've never stayed here before. We have a pool view. Close bus stops are important to us. Any recommendations for good building close to a good bus stop? We've been so lucky at Pop, CSR, and CBR as far as bus stops go that I can't imagine not having a good stop. We are mostly park goers. Thanks for any help!

Hello,

Going to POR Sept 4-12. This is our 4th trip in 5 years, but we've never stayed here before. We have a pool view. Close bus stops are important to us. Any recommendations for good building close to a good bus stop? We've been so lucky at Pop, CSR, and CBR as far as bus stops go that I can't imagine not having a good stop. We are mostly park goers. Thanks for any help!
Have a look at the resort map on page 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter