Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, we loved our first family visit to Florida for two weeks over our Easter holidays, and are so glad we chose POR - we loved it! We only had a standard room.

I did online check in and requested top floor and corner room. We were allocated a room in building 36 in AB. Although this building is at the back, it only took us 10 minutes maximum to walk to the main pool and the food court. I loved being there as it seems secluded as you walk through the trees and plants. The preferred block 14 was far too close to the main building for us - I'm not sure if that's noisy when people go for breakfast or dinner, and the RR Parterre block seemed so far away from the pool/main building.

The north bus stop was very near - the buses came regularly - the CM told us they are scheduled every 20 minutes but can come quicker, and we didn't have to wait longer than that at all. Depending on the route chosen, we were either the first stop, or the last, so in this case we did sometimes have to stand but it wasn't an issue for us. One thing we did notice was one day we got the bus from the main south depot to MK and it just went straight out of the resort without visiting the other depots. Coming home from the parks after the fireworks there were always a couple of buses ready and waiting.

Having a view from the room wasn't as much of an issue as I thought it would have been - its not like you have a balcony to sit on or the time to sit! Having the corner room, we had two windows making it lovely and bright, and the room was much bigger than they look in photos. Someone asked re passing foot traffic if you are near a staircase, again although we did see some people pass if we were in the room late afternoon/early evening, no one created a noise to bother us, and you have blinds you can tilt or close.

The food court was busy but we always found a table easily. I would agree that the pizza/pasta collection area needs enlarging. There's not much room for what is a popular choice. The create your own pasta was lovely. We walked to POFQ food court one day - it took about 10-15 minutes along the river bank. It was nice to get a baked potato there. My daughters didn't like the huge Mardi Gras masks looking down at you while you ate.

The pool area is great - we went every day and always got a sunbed.

We loved POR so much that we all want to come back next year!

How far approximately is Acadian House and Magnolia Bend from the pool and food court?

We are going to be staying in the Royal Riverside rooms in May. I have an EVC which bus stop would you recommend. I am nervous trying to load the EVC on a bus that is full.[/QUOTE

Use the South Depot (the one by the main building/lobby), That is usually the first stop for the bus. And it is just a quick walk over the foot bridge from the royal rooms.

Just an update now that we are back.

I called ahead of our trip more than a week out and asked the reservations CM if we could get a room in specific building numbers. I was told that it wasn't possible but that a request to be near the main building would be put in our reservation. Of course this meant that our room was the exact opposite of our request, we got building 35 alllll the way at the back.

But in a shocking twist of events, we LOVED being in the back. Such a nice, beautiful walk. Our room was super secluded and quite. The bus stop was really close to our building. Glad we didn't get what we asked for :-)

How far approximately is Acadian House and Magnolia Bend from the pool and food court?

It varies a lot depending on where within the buildings your room is located. Anywhere from 250 yards to 500+ yards to the food court (the main pool is en route from those buildings to the food court).

Andre

Hello! I have been reading through this thread to get information for our upcoming September trip! My Fiance & I have stayed at CBR last September and really loved it. We sort of want to try something new this time but I'm so nervous!

Hello! I have been reading through this thread to get information for our upcoming September trip! My Fiance & I have stayed at CBR last September and really loved it. We sort of want to try something new this time but I'm so nervous!

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll love Port Orleans too!

Co-incidentally, I've just finished putting together a personal 'Top Ten' list of my top reasons for people to choose to stay at Port Orleans, perhaps that will help put your mind at rest? It's at www.portorleans.org/topten.php.

Andre

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll love Port Orleans too!

Co-incidentally, I've just finished putting together a personal 'Top Ten' list of my top reasons for people to choose to stay at Port Orleans, perhaps that will help put your mind at rest? It's at www.portorleans.org/topten.php.

Andre

Love this top 10 list!! We'll be staying at POR for the first time in October and I have just shared it with family traveling with us so they know what a special time they're in for :yay: The photos you added to the list are a great touch. Thanks for putting this together and sharing it!

How are the rooms holding up from the 2012 refurb? My last stay was August 2012 when they were finished. Thinking about staying in Magnolia Terrace as I'm partial to the mansions and we stayed RR last time.

Don't be nervous! POR is beautiful! You can't go wrong!

Hi everyone!
Just booked here for our fall trip! Was the only moderate available for our trip. I'll admit it wasn't my first choice, but only rooms available were the Royal rooms, which I've secretly always wanted to stay in! So I'm very excited! Not sure what my dad will think, haha.

Excited to learn more about this resort! :) Will go and read the first post and visit the unofficial page but would love to hear some cool things about the resort straight from other posters. Thanks!

As you may have noticed, Disney has today released their Free Disney Dining Plan offer to encourage bookings for the slower Autumn/Fall season, valid for visits commencing on selected dates between 28 August 2015 and 21 December 2015. However, once again, the deals available for guests planning to stay at Port Orleans are very limited.

Port Orleans French Quarter has been completely excluded from the offer again this year, while Riverside has a few rooms available for the first month only, from 28 August to 2 October. I'm guessing that those will probably sell out fairly quickly though, so get your bookings in quickly if you don't want to miss out. Note: you will need to book a non-discounted stay of at least three nights, with a minimum of two days worth of park tickets, in order to receive the standard Dining Plan for everyone in your party for the entire length of your stay.

It's well worth checking to see what other deals are available on the dates you plan to travel, as unless you are a group of 3+ people staying in one room, and are big eaters in the first place, it can sometimes work out cheaper to get a better room-only discount and then pay for food as you go. 'Free' dining isn't always quite the deal it first seems once you crunch the numbers.

Andre

I was able to get FD this morning but had to switch from preferred to a pool view. I know "best" is a relative term, so can i get the good and bad of each side? I'm trying to figure out which building to request. We want to be close to the main pool and the food court.

I thought it said I would have a pull down when i modified my ressie, but it was also at 4:30 this morning and I had just woken up...so who knows what i saw lol

They didn't offer POR for free dining in November so I had to book CSR. We've stayed at CSR before and it is quite lovely (especially in the casitas with all the fountains, etc) but POR is our favorite. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter