Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I do have one question for my own clarification ... from my understanding there are 4 bus stops in POR .... North - East - South - West ... and the bus pick up and drop of rotation of that is normally is WEST 1st - NORTH 2nd - EAST 3rd SOUTH 4th

It varies. That is the most common route for Magic Kingdom buses, but the other parks usually have the South Depot as their first stop. You may experience some variations on that though, so please don't rely on any specific route always being followed. See www.portorleans.org/buses.php for more info on the subject.

Andre

They are debit/credit card operated.

No, at Riverside the washers and dryers are still all coin operated (they take quarters). It's only the French Quarter laundry which switched to card payments a few years back.

Andre

No, at Riverside the washers and dryers are still all coin operated (they take quarters). It's only the French Quarter laundry which switched to card payments a few years back.

Andre
I just did laundry two days ago and it was credit/debit card only. This was over by Building 18. I'm actually in Building 25. That laundry room is closed. Maybe to change it over to credit? The sign said they were adding pixie dust...

I just did laundry two days ago and it was credit/debit card only. This was over by Building 18. I'm actually in Building 25. That laundry room is closed. Maybe to change it over to credit? The sign said they were adding pixie dust...

Many thanks for that update. So they must now be in the process of changing them all over to the same system that they installed at FQ back in April 2013.

So the 'teens' laundry is now upgraded, and the twenties one is closed so presumably in progress. If anyone has a moment to pop by and check to see if the two mansion building laundries are done yet (and the AB thirties room too) then I'll update the site information accordingly. Thanks!

Andre

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to Andre, Venomhatch and all who share their knowledge here. We have just returned home from a wonderful trip and are very grateful for the info on this thread which helped immensely in planning. We fell in love with POR and hope to be lucky enough to return in the future.

Has anyone had issues having/receiving shipments from Amazon at this resort? Thinking about taking advantage of prime pantry to have water and drinks shipped.
Any advice on how to best accomplish this?

Has anyone had issues having/receiving shipments from Amazon at this resort?

I get Amazon shipments most trips, and it has always worked fine.

So I take it the whole resort will be switched over within a month or two?

Less than that I'd have thought. Sounds like there's just one more laundry room to do after the one that's currently in progress. I'd expect them to hold off on doing the last one until after Easter, but it shouldn't take long.

Andre

Just took a walk. Mansions are switched over, 30s are still coin operated.
Yay! So glad to hear they're switching to card. In January the coins jammed in the dryer, and it was the last of my change and small bills. I was just getting over knee surgery, and couldn't face going back to my room to get cash to bring to resort shop to get chsnge, and walk back. Fortunately the CMs at POR are wonderful, I used laundry room phone and a CM delivered change for me!

Wow, thank you so much for doing that - research results in 40 minutes, that's wonderful!

Hope you are having a great time over there, enjoy the rest of your stay.

Andre
It's the least I could do for you! I have used your web page and have directed people to it many times! And it was no hardship. Walking around this beautiful resort is a real treat! One more day left and then back home - Boo.

Has anyone arrived at Orlando international at 10:30pm late December before staying at POR? How long do you have to wait for ME to leave at that time of night? Will my room requests be less likely to be granted? We really don't care for staying in the Mantions, their beautiful, but not our style or favorite location. What are our chances of being able to move if we really dislike our location at that time of night or next morning? We arrive late on Martin Luther King day. If our flight arrives at 10:30, should we not out our luggage tags on?

Loved, loved, loved our stay at POR! We have stayed at AOA and AKL, and I think POR is my favorite! Thought the resort was beautiful. Loved taking the ferry to DTD, loved seeing the horse drawn carriages in the evening, just loved the ambiance of the whole resort in general. Could have down without the surrey bikes (crazy drivers!). No issues with the buses either. My kids loved it, I thought after AOA they would have preferred something with more elaborate theming but they all said they really liked it. Would definitely stay here again!

I cannot wait to get to POR!!! 97 days and counting!! Thanks for the info on laundry rooms. Cards will be so much easier than having the correct change!

Planning a trip jan 2016. I can't wait to get back to POR. Tried CB due to free dining nov 2014. It was going under a refurb, but we got an old room. I didn't hate the resort, but my heart is in POR. I can't decide if I should suggest a room in AB section, or mansions. Family of 4. We have stayed in AB and royal rooms. We haven't ever been in the mansions. Do you think it is worth requesting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter