Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone heard any details about the bus tests at Port Orleans Riverside. Supposedly, they are using a new system that will tell you at the bus stop how long a wait it is until the next bus. I've heard that they are only testing this at POR/POFQ to Magic Kingdom. Has anyone had any experiences of this yet?
It's been up for quite awhile but only at Main Depot.

Is there anything I should know about the hotel before I get there? It'll be my first time there and want to know if there is something I should do there or know about before I go.
I recommend reading first page of thread. Tons of info, also Andres web site portorleans.org. Rivetside has a great food court, the pasta bar is a fav. Take the boat to DTD, and plan on seeing Bob Jacksons show one night.

We're here! Somehow ended up in Magnolia Bend despite the fact that we're a party of 5. Thankfully my parents agreed to take one of our girls every night in their room.

Anywho, what's the best bus stop to use for a.m. park opening? We're in Acadia building 40???? There's apparently a stop somewhere behind our building but honestly, the walk to the main stop isn't dreadful, even with 3 little ones. Will busses be full by the time they get to the back stops?

We've got a 9:40 ADR at Tusker House tomorrow.
We like the North Depot. Going out the parking lot take a Left. It's very close.

You got placed in MB because technically, you're not a party of 5. You're a party of 4 + 1 under 3 so can be placed in MB. That is if you're signature is accurate with your kiddos ages.

Actually, we're a party of 3 with 2 under 3. ;) But neither of those 2 fit in pack & plays. They're almost 3 and big girls. Or so says my back after I carried the 40 lb one from the boat dock back to our room last night!

Actually, we're a party of 3 with 2 under 3. ;) But neither of those 2 fit in pack & plays. They're almost 3 and big girls. Or so says my back after I carried the 40 lb one from the boat dock back to our room last night!

Just to be accurate, only one 'under three' is not counted in room occupancy. Any more than one are counted.

Anywho, what's the best bus stop to use for a.m. park opening? We're in Acadia building.

The North Depot is the closest for pretty much any room in Acadian House, just a short stroll across the parking lot area. Give it a try. Of course if you're getting breakfast first and heading straight off, South is usually easier.

Andre

Hello everybody! I'm very excited because I'll be staying at POR for the first time this upcoming July! I have a question regarding transit time to the parks. Approximately what time will I need to take the bus to arrive for 8 AM EMH at Epcot, MK, and AK, respectively? Thanks in advance, I know you guys are the experts!

Hello everybody! I'm very excited because I'll be staying at POR for the first time this upcoming July! I have a question regarding transit time to the parks. Approximately what time will I need to take the bus to arrive for 8 AM EMH at Epcot, MK, and AK, respectively? Thanks in advance, I know you guys are the experts!

We have never had a problem making rope drop if we're at the bus stop an hour before rope drop.

March 2015 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules now available

The March 2015 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my main Recreation Activities Schedules page for full-size printable PDF versions.

The evening campfires will commence at 6pm this month and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 8pm daily at both resorts.

New for March at Port Orleans French Quarter is Frozen Friday: "Do you wanna build a snowman?" Then join us at the French Quarter Green (between buildings 5 & 6) every Friday for fun-filled Frozen themed activities for all ages:
  • 4pm - Frozen Trivia, Snowman Building, Troll Bowling and more
  • 6pm - Frozen Sing Along and Campfire
  • 8pm - Movie Under the Stars: Frozen (rated PG)

POR-Rec-2015-03.jpg
Andre

I may have overlooked this somewhere in the thread, but what is the current boat situation like with the construction at Disney Springs?

I may have overlooked this somewhere in the thread, but what is the current boat situation like with the construction at Disney Springs?

Same as always, the ferry boats leave from POR first, then POFQ, then go on to DTD. They run every 20 mins from 10am onward, and then every 10 mins after 4pm until 11pm. The DTD dock is near to Rainforest Café (they recently opened a brand new dock there in fact).

Andre

Same as always, the ferry boats leave from POR first, then POFQ, then go on to DTD. They run every 20 mins from 10am onward, and then every 10 mins after 4pm until 11pm. The DTD dock is near to Rainforest Café (they recently opened a brand new dock there in fact).

Andre
That is fantastic! I love taking a boat ride at the end of a long day in the parks! I was hoping that the dock was open :)!!!! Thank you!

Best way to get to Wilderness Lodge from Riverside? We have a resort day tomorrow and ressies at Whispering Canyon for dinner.

Open to Disney transportation or taxi.

ETA: maybe I should ask what my options are instead of best way. I'm willing to take the scenic route. :)

Fastest would be to take a taxi. More scenic would be to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and then the boat launch over to Wilderness Lodge.

Forgot to mention, the main swimming pool hours are back to 9am-10pm at the moment, which should stay like that until May-ish when the closing time will be extended to 11pm again.

Andre

We are staying 12/23-1/2 we are in basic rooms! What would be the best room/ section to request with out going preferred! Thanks

We are staying 12/23-1/2 we are in basic rooms! What would be the best room/ section to request with out going preferred! Thanks

That rather depends on what you want, what your preferences and priorities are, any kids or elderly folks with walking difficulties in your group, etc.

Otherwise, it's a bit like telling us you are planning to buy a car and asking which model would be best. :)

In the meantime, http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php might help a bit.

Andre

We will be arriving at POR in May - this is a bitter sweet trip for us. I lost my Mom to cancer in January, since then we have all been sad and struggling. My kids especially. I am so looking forward to this trip and hope that it helps us continue to heal and move forward. I would like to do something "extra" for the kids to make our week even more special. The kids are 13, 10 and 6. Any suggestions?

We leave tomorrow for 11 days at POR!!! So excited. This will be our first stay at this resort. We stayed at POFQ a few years ago and loved it.

We will be arriving at POR in May - this is a bitter sweet trip for us. I lost my Mom to cancer in January, since then we have all been sad and struggling. My kids especially. I am so looking forward to this trip and hope that it helps us continue to heal and move forward. I would like to do something "extra" for the kids to make our week even more special. The kids are 13, 10 and 6. Any suggestions?

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: I hope this trip brings you all a little enjoyment and lots of healing.

Maybe a fireworks cruise? The Pirates and Pals cruise is pretty cool. Or a guided tour at Animal Kingdom?

Preferred bldg 14 is pretty loud. We were in 1439 and there is a lot of parking lot noise. Its near a loading area and we constantly heard the beeping of trucks backing up. I would recommend staying in a different preferred building.

Officially staying at Riverside for my April trip, no more changes. I didn't see this as a question answered but might have missed it. I did Online Check In. Would selecting "Near Elevators" clue in that I'd prefer a mansion building or should I also call in that additional request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter