Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

Our friends stayed in AB section with 3 kids. One girl 16, one boy about 14, and a 5.5 yr old boy. They used the pull down bed and said a bit tight but loved it and would definitely do it again!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. amydeich

amydeich Mouseketeer

Pool question: is there enough shallow area at the main pool for my 3 year old to stand in? Or should I bring her puddle jumper floatie? Leaving in the morning to drive down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. bartleby1

bartleby1 DIS Veteran

There is a kiddie pool at the main pool that will be perfect for your 3 yr old. I usually kept arm bands on mine when they were little though because if they sit down in the middle of the kiddie pool it is deep for them. I think the main pool will be too deep for your 3 yr old to stand though once leaving the steps. They do have life jackets available but mine were always more comfy in what they were used to wearing in the pool at home. If you have some kind of floatie that you usually use, I would bring it.

Have a great trip!

5. delilah18

delilah18 DIS Veteran

I saw this on another website is this available at both Riverside and French Quarter?

thanks

6. Bicfam

Bicfam Earning My Ears

Tony and Liz
    We are a family of five also. The rooms are small. But for us we love the POR. Quiet and peaceful. And one room saves us money. And the bathroom broken up allows us to get ready pretty quick. We don't spend a lot of time in the rooms. POR only five person rooms Disney has that are not suites as far as I know.
    You have to consider how much money, space and time In the rooms you want to spend.

7. mrsmomo

mrsmomo DIS Veteran

Hello staying @POR this Sept. We were thinking of doing one day just hanging out at the resort...

This brings me to my slide question.... what is the height requirements if any and can two ppl go at a time as in me and ds 2 but a large 2:confused3

8. bartleby1

bartleby1 DIS Veteran

I don't recall there being a height requirement of any kind, but I do know that you cannot go two at a time.

9. mousefan73

mousefan73 DIS Veteran

First week of Sept we have an ADR at 1:30 at the rainforest cafe. We plan on first late morning swimming. I have heard the DTD buses are few to come by and slow??? We would prefer the boat. which is faster?? How much time to give for travel time??

ps.. sorry posted this like 2 times on the wrong threads..

10. Dixiemom

Dixiemom DIS Veteran

so I find myself checking to see if the movie/recreation/activities schedules are out for June yet.....:hyper:

My 8 year old daughter cries several times a day saying she can't wait and why can't we go today??? Breaks my heart, but she is my "mini me" :goodvibes

11. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to the June calendars too! Andre usually posts them on his site on the first of the month (or a day or two prior, sometimes.) Oh, and I agree with your daughter!! :goodvibes

12. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

The buses start running at 9am; the water taxi starts running at 11am. The buses run every 20 minutes until 1am/2 am or so. You will have no problem; just remember the water taxis run every 20 minutes until 4 pm. Then they run every 10 minutes.

You are confusing the comments regarding buses AT DTD, not TO DTD. Buses at DTD hub that run resort to resort run sporadically because they are deadheaded in the morning. The priority is to get to a park and then take guests to resorts as needed, because few people are trying to get to the resorts in the morning, but everyone is going to a park. 95 percent of the people trying to get to an early morning ADR at a resort are going to use a parks bus and walk to the resort. The rare case is AKL or OKW like me, on my last day. I just take a cab.

13. Sleepyshopper

Sleepyshopper Earning My Ears

We are booked in a Royal Room Poolside....Anyone know what the name of the building is that we will be in??

14. amcn928

amcn928 Earning My Ears

I'm pretty sure it is Oak Manor. You can check out the maps on the first page of this thread. I think there is only one pool view room in Panterre

15. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

If you look on the map on the first page and click on Parterre Place and Oak Manor, it is color coded as to which rooms are which category on each floor. There are several nice locations.

16. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Huh? Not quite. See my post above. I am an architect, you would not begin to allocate rooms in a building and have only one room, unless it is the presidential suite which would be a highly desirable room that commanded a great deal of money.

17. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

No, the OP is right, there is only one pool-view category room in Parterre (well, two, in the same location one above the other). Most of the Pool View Royal Rooms are in Oak.

Andre

18. nonstopdisneymom

nonstopdisneymom Mouseketeer

According to andres sight portorleans.org there are only 2 pool view rooms in Parterra. The rest are river view, garden view or standard. The pool is situated in such a way that Oak has more pool view and only one corner of Parterra could have an actual view of the pool.

19. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

No height requirement. They let the kids wear life vests on the slide as well. Parents were going up with their child then coming back down 1 st to play catch.

20. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

The pool was around 3 ft. My DD is around 40 and just turned 4, 3 days after we returned this Thursday and could touch. I got both kids vests. It is free to rent them for the week. Don't lug the puddle jumper. You just go to boat rental desk and show them your card. You keep it in your room and return it when your trip is over. They did have a kiddie pool as well but the kids seemed to all be in the big pool. It was empty whenever we walked by or went swimming. We didn't try it out because my daughter swims.

21. disneymomma76

disneymomma76 .

Got the kids all packed! Working on DH and myself next. Can't wait! Thanks to all of you for the great advice. Headed out soon for 12 days of magic. :cool1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.