Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

All (non-Accessible) Preferred rooms all have the banquette seat with the pull-down bed, even the King Bed rooms. I guess you were in an Accessible room - did it have an armoire wardrobe, and a sliding door into the bathroom area?

Nope, sorry. Be great if it did though. Maybe with the new RFID chips to prevent everyone grabbing free drinks, they might do it in future? Who knows.

Andre

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

So excited to have our room officially booked. I was able to get standard view for June 4-15th on a AAA rate. I wanted Garden View but it was sold out. Oh well, if I am at POR its all good.

I was pleasantly surprised with our rate but shocked at how preferred and river view rooms have gone up.

Stay #4 at POR is on the books!:yay:

4. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Garden view for next June is already sold out!?!? :faint: Wow!

5. Mom2six

Mom2six DIS Veteran

I believe that they only have a certain number of rooms allocated for the different discounts. So there are probably available at the regular rate.

6. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

How is there already a discount for 2014 when Fall promos haven't even been released???

7. CareHeartsDisney

CareHeartsDisney Mouseketeer

She mentioned that she got the AAA rate.

8. gmi3804

gmi3804 DIS Veteran

I have a Royal Room, GV, booked for 9 nights beginning at the end of September. This isn't my first choice, but it's all that's available with my bounce back rate. I'd rather have a King at FQ or AB. I know FQ is treated as a different resort. Is it possible, however, to request that King in AB, since the rate is actually less expensive?

I suppose I can always reserve what I want at rack rate, and then hope for a Visa, AP, or GP discount to be announced, since there is availability in most (all?) categories at POR/FQ at this time. Just not with the bounce back rate.

Any thoughts on the resort's willingness to change my room category?

9. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

We just stayed in a GV RR in June. Check out my pictures of our room view a few pages back! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48868043&postcount=1126 It might change your mind ;)

10. gmi3804

gmi3804 DIS Veteran

They look darling, but we're two adults, don't need the "theming," and would rather have the King bed and more rustic decor.

11. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

We have a preferred room booked for Sept. Is building 14 the best location?

12. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

We're two adults too ;) We loved it! We would hate rustic theming, so that's what's so great about Disney. Different strokes for different folks :) Good luck with changing your ressies!

13. Alice515

Alice515 Mouseketeer

14. ChristineOH

ChristineOH Mouseketeer

Are you trying to book online? You should call. I doubt they're already sold out.

15. ChristineOH

ChristineOH Mouseketeer

Interesting. I loved having a river view room, but I don't know if I'd want to pay $60 a night more. Thanks Andre. I'll have to check that out.

16. wdwmom0f3

wdwmom0f3 Thankful my embarrassing tag is gone!

Yes!! We were so lucky to have a room in building 14 on our last trip. We have also stayed in 15 & 16 and enjoyed those locations too, but 14 was great! It was very close to the food court and bus stop. I had put it down as a request and they gave it to us. I also made a request for a ground floor because they do not have elevators over there, which would have been a problem for my mother.

17. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

The room inventory survey of fridges is now complete, and not all rooms are affected (only around 50% at Riverside in fact, due to a bit of luck during the recent refurb) so requesting a fridge (even for non-medical reasons) might well get you one. I don't think this is going to be as big of a deal as people feared.

Andre

18. Dani C

Dani C DIS Veteran

Thank you!

19. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but this was released yesterday afternoon to everyone here. I know we knew already about the defect and they were unplugging them in the rooms but this has time frames and other info in it as well.

20. bartleby1

bartleby1 DIS Veteran

That's great news! Thank you for the update! We arrive August 11th and are hoping for a fridge. Hopefully all of POR will be replaced by then since it only affected about half of them. :)

21. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Place near by that rents and delivers mini fridges if you feel you need one. Just an Idea!

Half way down under "Additional Necessities"

$40 to rent one for a week

http://www.abbf.com/pricelist.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.