Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssatterly

ssatterly DIS Veteran

All star music

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

This is why I think people feel POR is too large or dislike their stay because of that reason. While it is large, it, psychologically, it seems so much larger because of the bodies of water and varying paths, etc. I really can't see how any of the areas would results in these 20 minute walks to common areas, buses, etc., people refer to, but people report that, but I'm skeptical.

4. Alice515

Alice515 Mouseketeer

I agree, I haven't stayed there since it was Dixie Landings but even with a 4 yr old walking too... It never took that long. We were in the backside of Oak Manor then. Maybe if we were in the far corner of Parterre Place, it may have taken 5 mins more but still can't imagine 20 mins to the food court or South bus depot.

5. Alice515

Alice515 Mouseketeer

I'm sorry you are not able to stay where you really want too, but at least you will be in Disney!! We originally booked All Star Movies but switched to POR RR only because things worked out well for us. I'm a server and since I often have cash on me, I pay for things in whole dollars and save up all my change in piggy banks. You would be amazed by how much you can accumulate by doing this. I do realize though that not everyone carries cash but just wanted to let you know my little secret that has helped us to afford a WDW trip with a stay at POR. Have a great vacation when you go!!!

6. kddisney502

kddisney502 <font color=blue>P: What's the problem with Goofy?

Let's see 105 days would put you at mid October? Maybe a discount will come out for the fall that will allow you to stay at POR. Here's hoping :)

7. zy144622

zy144622 Mouseketeer

We have been doing the same thing. We don't spend coins just add them to a Disney jar! We also round up in the checkbook. Works great and we have saved a few hundred dollars in just a few months.

8. ssatterly

ssatterly DIS Veteran

I have fd pin now as it is

9. tiggerlvr27

tiggerlvr27 Mouseketeer

I get so excited just reading these posts!:dance3::dance3:

10. freckles04

freckles04 DIS Veteran

:hug: I hope you get to one day! I could only afford value last year, but saved enough for POR this year, which we are VERY excited about. My dream resort, however, is the Beach Club, so I have to do some serious saving for next year. :laughing: I'm up for the challenge. It gives you something to look forward to!

Forgot to add: We still had the time of our lives at the value resort! My son still says it was the happiest week of his life (mine too).

11. ohnowewontgo

ohnowewontgo Disney here We Come

We had that exact room in September 2012!!! We didn't request corner either but it sure was a nice surprise!

12. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

If it's for medical reasons, you could try contacting them in advance. Otherwise, put it in your requests and ask at the front desk when you get there. As I said, not guaranteed though.

No, even the longest possible walk - from the far end of Parterre Place to the far side of building 24 in AB - is no more than about 900 yards if you take the shortest route. That's about 10 minutes walking time from one remote corner of the resort right over to the other - not something many guests are likely to want to do anyway.

Andre

13. ssatterly

ssatterly DIS Veteran

What building and what room number is that

14. andrewilley

If we're talking about the room in post #1126, I'm reckoning it's 9266. Let's see if I'm right.

Andre

15. Yellowstonetim

Yellowstonetim DIS Veteran

If they will loan a microwave for medical reasons to use in the room, can you bring a small microwave with you? Or is this not allowed?

16. andrewilley

Never thought about it, but if you're driving then I don't really see why not. Not like a toaster when it could create external heat & smoke.

Andre

17. ssatterly

ssatterly DIS Veteran

Yes that's the one

18. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Yes! It was 9266! Best....room.....ever :)

19. TxRabbit

TxRabbit DIS Veteran

I thought about bringing our little one...I have read in other places of people bringing similar appliances. The key is to not leave it plugged in. Only plug it in when you use it. Where I read about someone bringing something similar, this is what Mousekeeping did, that is, Mousekeeping unplugged it.

20. bigmac5

bigmac5 DIS Veteran

It is for medical reasons and we flying. I really don't want to use the food court one for our medical needs

21. delilah18

delilah18 DIS Veteran

Would paying 290 be worth it to go from a garden view at Pofq to a standard RR at Riverside?
    Really like the look of the RR more anyone stayed at both and can compare them?
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.