Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is the best depot to use on site? At wich depot do we have the more chances of getting on and at wich one is it less likely. Assuming that one bus start at one depot and then goes at all the other depot until it's full.

Totally depends on the time of day and the time of year you go. South Depot is always going to be more crowded than any other.

Mid-morning and mid-afternoon are best for the outer bus stops, if you get a late start.

I just changed my reservation to POR. I had to book a garden view room. Any suggestions on which building I could request to be somewhat close to the main building?

I'm getting such mixed reviews on where the king bed rooms are actually located at POR?! Does anyone know?
I also read somewhere online that all the king rooms are handicapped friendly and feature two separate sinks, not one big one with two sinks built in. I am a girlie girl and need space to put my things!!! Is this true?
Please help! I can't decide if it is worth it to pay more for the king room or just go with a standard in terms of distance from the lobby/food court!

I'm getting such mixed reviews on where the king bed rooms are actually located at POR?! Does anyone know?
I also read somewhere online that all the king rooms are handicapped friendly and feature two separate sinks, not one big one with two sinks built in. I am a girlie girl and need space to put my things!!! Is this true?
Please help! I can't decide if it is worth it to pay more for the king room or just go with a standard in terms of distance from the lobby/food court!

They are spread out all over the resort, so not in one area. The only buildings that don't have kings are Parterre Place and Oak Manor as that is where the Royal Rooms are.

I do not know about the sink set up in a king room.

I made sure to take quite a few pictures of the view from our room during our stay 3 weeks ago since that's what I really wanted to see before we went :)

We were in an Oak Manor Royal Room, garden view, but as you can see, we had a GREAT view and could see the river out the side window. We didn't request a corner room, but we received one :thumbsup2

As soon as we walked out our door, this was the view straight in front of us.

This was the view if we turned our heads to the left.

This was our view of the river from inside our room. Sorry for the extreme close up. It was dark in the room and I wanted to be sure you could see :)

The fountain was SO beautiful at night. It changed colors!

I just changed my reservation to POR. I had to book a garden view room. Any suggestions on which building I could request to be somewhat close to the main building?

I always request Acadian House, but we were placed in Magnolia Terrace. We had a garden view room and had the car this time.

We were in the back of the building, facing the gardens, close to the car, very close to the quiet pool and the smoking area (for our one smoker) and we were just steps away from the bridge that leads right over to the main pool and amentities.

It was beyond fantastic location.

OK...don't panic. Look at this map and click on the varying buildings. On those maps you will see King's marked in the legend, in lavender, I believe.

http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

For example, in Magnolia Terrace or Acadian, there are several kings located near the front and they would be close to the footbridge to Old Man's Island and Food Court. If you are wanting to fax a request, I'd simply request either one of those with a king located closest to the footbridge OR you could simply request your king room to be located as close to the common areas/food court as possible and you could get either AB or Mansions.

As far as the sink situation, I can't find that exactly, but a discount store will have an over the door shoe rack that can assist with toiletry storage. Cursor down 3/4 way on this blog and check out these photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/08/port_orleans_riverside_room_re.html

0081143401423_180X180.jpg

Ok, so I'm back...I had originally started at POR, then POFQ, then AKL, and now CBR (pirate room). BUT I am seriously considering 4 nights CBR pirate room and 4 nights POR Royal Room. It would be a garden view room. Any other requests I should make?

Hey y'all! :wave2:
I'm currently planning a January trip to celebrate my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend... :goodvibes I've stayed in a Royal Room before and thought it would be nice to book a Royal Room for this trip. I thought the theming would make it seem a bit more special or romantic than the other rooms, but do you think it would be to "girly" for our first romantic trip together?

Hey y'all! :wave2:
I'm currently planning a January trip to celebrate my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend... :goodvibes I've stayed in a Royal Room before and thought it would be nice to book a Royal Room for this trip. I thought the theming would make it seem a bit more special or romantic than the other rooms, but do you think it would be to "girly" for our first romantic trip together?

Absolutely not! My husband and I just stayed for our anniversary and he loved the room :thumbsup2

OK...don't panic. Look at this map and click on the varying buildings. On those maps you will see King's marked in the legend, in lavender, I believe.

I prefer to think of it as more of a regal purple, but hey lavender works too. :)

King Rooms have the exact same sink/bathroom layout as regular rooms, it's just the bed itself that actually changes (plus an extra bedside table).

It's only the wheelchair accessible rooms (i.e. the ones marked with a symbol next to the room number on my maps) which have the single sink, which is done to allow extra space for wheelchair access next to the shower and toilet.

Andre

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I had no idea the map was interactive and you could see all the room categories. I now have a lot of researching to do on where i want to make a request! You guys surely know POR well!

Thank you so much! Glad to know I wasn't alone in my thinking! :thumbsup2
(Also - nice to see another South Carolinian on the board! :goodvibes )

YAY for South Carolina! My husband really loved the room. He said it felt cozy and he especially loved "playing with" the fireworks on the headboard! I felt like I had a 5 year old with me :rotfl: His favorite thing, though, was the property. We hadn't stayed there before because we live in Charleston and we felt like it would seem too much like home (you know, southern charm type feel,) but I think that's WHY we loved it. It felt like home and Disney had come together :goodvibes

YAY for South Carolina! My husband really loved the room. He said it felt cozy and he especially loved "playing with" the fireworks on the headboard! I felt like I had a 5 year old with me :rotfl: His favorite thing, though, was the property. We hadn't stayed there before because we live in Charleston and we felt like it would seem too much like home (you know, southern charm type feel,) but I think that's WHY we loved it. It felt like home and Disney had come together :goodvibes

Did you guys have a room with two queen beds? and just the two of you? I think its so silly they dont offer any king size royal rooms!

Did you guys have a room with two queen beds? and just the two of you? I think its so silly they dont offer any king size royal rooms!

Yes, and that was sort of the downside. Especially because my husband is 6'5" and I'm 5'9". We slept in separate beds a lot of nights because it was too squishy and he sleeps like a stinking kangaroo! :rotfl:

I always request Acadian House, but we were placed in Magnolia Terrace. We had a garden view room and had the car this time.

We were in the back of the building, facing the gardens, close to the car, very close to the quiet pool and the smoking area (for our one smoker) and we were just steps away from the bridge that leads right over to the main pool and amentities.

It was beyond fantastic location.

Thanks Missytara. I was looking at the map and was thinking about a room in AB building 16 or 17 but I like the look of the rooms in Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House better. I'm just thrilled I was able to get a room there. I kept checking and for a long time the only rooms available were Royal and I didn't want to spend as much money.

debf said:
Thanks Missytara. I was looking at the map and was thinking about a room in AB building 16 or 17 but I like the look of the rooms in Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House better. I'm just thrilled I was able to get a room there. I kept checking and for a long time the only rooms available were Royal and I didn't want to spend as much money.

Yippee! I want to tell you my heart sunk when we were not in Acadian House. Until the royal rooms, Oak Manor was my fav.

We were in 8611 and never saw a sole, despite how busy the resort was that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter