Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these sections only with king beds?

We've been to POR but always in AB since we were 5, but this trip we might end up only 4, would like it to try a new section!!!:thumbsup2

There are King beds in the AB section and the mansion section. The only section without King Beds are the 2 Mansion buildings with Royal Rooms in them.

There are plenty of Non-King bends in the Mansion sections.

FrenchSnowWhite said:
Are these sections only with king beds?

We've been to POR but always in AB since we were 5, but this trip we might end up only 4, would like it to try a new section!!!:thumbsup2

There are king beds all over the resort, but in the mansions, they are only in Arcadian House and Magnolia Terrace. Parterre Place and Oak Manor are now in RR's.

What should I request? AH or MT???

Depends entirely on which you want, there are no rules as such. Generally Magnolia Terrace tends to be a bit closer for accessing the main building, but some of the Acadian House rooms are closer than some of the outer Magnolia Terrance ones. There are some King Bed rooms in each building if that's what you have booked. Have a look on the floorplan maps at www.portorleans.org/magnolia-bend.php for some ideas of how the layouts work.

Andre

FrenchSnowWhite said:
What should I request? AH or MT???

There is no advantage to asking for either, they are both wonderful and it opens up more opportunity to get a room with the view, in lieu of asking for a specific building. I learned that this trip.

We have requested buildings 14,15, and 16 in AB. I would like to know if it will help to check in online then send a request for certain buildings. We have been very lucky in the past when we have asked for certain buildings, but have never checked in online or sent a fewest by fax.

We have requested buildings 14,15, and 16 in AB. I would like to know if it will help to check in online then send a request for certain buildings. We have been very lucky in the past when we have asked for certain buildings, but have never checked in online or sent a fewest by fax.

We did not checkin online, and had all requests granted.

I am not sure if your buildings are considered "preferred", if they are, any you haven't paid for a preferred, I am not sure that you will get it. I know the resort has been near 100% full the last while.

pawahl said:

You cannot request 14 and 15, they are the preferred booking category. You can request 16.

I have been told by three different CM's that doing online check-in cancels out requests. You will get the first available room. You can reiterate your requests at check-in but it defeats the purpose because hey have to re-print your cards.

That being said, I never do online check-in and got all my requests. Until this trip.

I had Acadian House, first floor. I had upgraded from standard to garden view on the summer discount.

They gave us a room in AB, farthest one out on the second floor.

I insisted Acadian and he asked if I minded Magnolia Terrace, he had the perfect room. 8611, first floor, we are near the pool, near the parking lot for the car, and have a view of the gardens and beautiful staircase.

Alice515 said:
Can anyone confirm if you still get separate shampoo and conditioner? We are going in September and I'm trying to make my list of what to bring.

Yep, just leaving and you get separate shampoo and conditioner. :)

We had booked a river view room and I had requested close to main building, 2nd floor, corner and we were in room 2757 and it was perfect. We loved it!! Had a great trip. They had to pry us out of the room. ;) Already looking forward to December 2015.

We have 2 nights at POR (June 29-july1). there are 5 of us (2adults 3 kids). We have a standard room booked because that's all that was available for 2 nights. What room would be closest to the main pool? Also, if when we check in, they have a preferred location available, can we upgrade without losing our room discount? How does that work? Thanks!!
Amanda

How should I get from POR to TL for a 5:45am surfing lesson? Do busses run that early or should I take a cab?

Can someone remind me: What options does it give you for room requests during online check-in?

Can someone remind me: What options does it give you for room requests during online check-in?

Just did it this morning was offered corner room, ground floor, top floor, and there was one other option I can't remember. You could choose two of the four options

pawahl said:
You will love DW at Christmas!! We were there Christmas 2011. Take some time to see Christmas decorations at other resorts. They are really beautiful! You will have a Magical Christmas!

Thanks for the insight about christmas time. Does POR decorate for the season? I was imagining a huge tree in the lobby.

Thanks for the insight about christmas time. Does POR decorate for the season? I was imagining a huge tree in the lobby.

Yes POR decorates. They had a choir at POR singing carols in lobby area. Also check into reserving seats at the Christmas story being told at Epcot. Different movie stars and singers come and read the Christmas story and choirs from high schools across the country sing at the event. Be sure to see the Osbourne's Christmas lights at HS. Amazing! One of the resorts has a life size Gingerbread house. You are going to have such a great time!

We have 2 nights at POR (June 29-july1). there are 5 of us (2adults 3 kids). We have a standard room booked because that's all that was available for 2 nights. What room would be closest to the main pool? Also, if when we check in, they have a preferred location available, can we upgrade without losing our room discount? How does that work? Thanks!!
Amanda

Building 38 is close to the big pool, but kind of far from the dining hall and bus stop. I like 16 because there is a quiet pool close by and it is not far from bus's stop or dining. You can go to page one on this thread and there is a ton of information there that should help you. Hope you have a great time! Blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter