Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

But this is where we disagree :) I think hearing that iconic music is more exciting than the ferry, even for a first visit. Our first glimpse of the castle was when we came around the corner onto Main Street and saw it in front of us :cloud9: The look on a then 2 year old DS's face of seeing it for the first time in person is a look I will never forget.

But to each his own :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BDL

BDL DIS Veteran

Following along again. Unfortunately, I didn't heed Andre's warnings. The hands and arms were not inside at all times, and now I'm typing with my nose.

But seriously, glad to be here with a bunch of fellow POR fans, and able to help out those that aren't POR fans, YET. ;)

4. Towmater Blue

Towmater Blue Earning My Ears

Yea! Happy to be here in this thread as a POR alum. :-)

5. Dixiemom

Dixiemom DIS Veteran

You cracked me up!!!!!

6. visitingapril09

visitingapril09 DIS Veteran

When the buses go to Magic Kingdom, do they drop off at the monorail/ferry station or somewhere else??

7. webstah

webstah DIS Veteran

The buses to MK drop off right at the entrance to MK, no need to take the ferry or monorail.

8. PrincessCooper's Mom

PrincessCooper's Mom Mouseketeer

Good morning!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any information on connecting rooms.
    My family and my parents are going in September and we would like connecting rooms.

Has anyone requested connecting rooms and what was your experience.

Also is there a map that shows which room are connecting.

We booked a standard room and I would like to know where the closest standard connecting rooms are located in mansions and AB. I think either section would be okay just looking to see which section has the closest.

Thanks for all the great information.

9. ohnowewontgo

ohnowewontgo Disney here We Come

I'm here!!!!! 57 days to go and I can't wait! I need some away from work time.

10. webstah

webstah DIS Veteran

I can't help you on the maps, but since 2003 with the exception of 2 years when we went alone, we've been granted connecting rooms every year with no problems. This was both in Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend.

11. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

No they go strait to the MK Drop Off Stations and then back to POR again for the next batch. There is a Different bus for TTC which I believe you can only get from DTD and Parks.

12. CantWaitToGoAgain

CantWaitToGoAgain Earning My Ears

I too am here in hopes to "someday" stay at POR. I'm dreaming and tentatively planning my 1st trip to POR 2/21-2/28, 2014. 1st family trip, 1st RunDisney event, 1st 1/2 marathon, 1st on site stay POR!!! Oh how I hope it can all work out!!! :cloud9:

13. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Don't worry, they're everywhere around all sections of the resort. About 50% of the rooms are connecting in fact, so you'll stand a pretty good chance of getting one. I don't have any details on a map though.

Andre

14. germ539

germ539 Goofy is my favorite

When we arrive on Sunday (approx around 2p or so), DH wants to take a taxi to the nearest Walmart or grocery store. I know that there are taxis available or they can call you one at the resort but what about coming back to the resort. We don't want the same taxi to have to wait for us (imagine the cost of that).:scared:

Also does anyone know what the taxi rate is down there?

15. Dixiemom

Dixiemom DIS Veteran

Received Mickey Mail a while back and today the customized maps arrived. It's beginning to look a lot like vacation time at POR!!!

16. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

There is a fare counter on the transportation board.

They can call you a taxi right at the front door at guest services, if there is not one sitting there.

Usually they give you their card and tell them to call when you are ready.

That happened to me when I had to go to CCC one year; the guy gave me his card with his cell phone number and came back and got me when I was released.

17. visitingapril09

visitingapril09 DIS Veteran

I totally didn't realize this. I thought they took you to the monorail or ferry!

18. mousefan73

mousefan73 DIS Veteran

That's the best thing about the MK bus! That's also why i had originally asked if a car migjt be faster. I think I am leaving our car sit and will bus it. Also when I looked at google maps, the MK parking lot is huge. Since we are arriving afternoonish, most likely we'll get a spot waaay back. Which means walking first to TTC or the tram. Seems like we'll be exhausted before we even hit the gates!!

19. yespie

yespie Earning My Ears

Hey, I like this new thread! Lots more room to spread out. And the move went really smoothly, didn't even feel a thing.

20. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

just rebooked for October! This time we are going with Royal room! woohooo!

21. ChristineOH

ChristineOH Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.