Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I wanted to share my experience with everybody. Thanks to Andre's message yesterday, and thanks to the folks at Disney for letting him in on the fun, I was able to view the FastPass+ and make some selections yesterday both from the MDX site as well as the app on my phone. Technology is awesome!

I also was having trouble with the Magic Band customization. Oddly enough, I redid my online check-in before even coming to the DIS Boards today, so I was able to complete the customization.

Then, I got on here and read about the BOG FastPass+ reservation. I was having trouble getting it to work, but was able to once I read the post about using the number on your Magic Band page. Once you have that number (it starts with a 4), you have 30 minutes to make selections on food and drinks for your party. Although, it appears like you might have the ability to go back later and change that (can anybody verify that??).

So, my arrival is in 22 days (September 7th), and I am absolutely stoked to be a part of the testing while on our vacation. My family and I (DW, DD4, and my parents) are so looking forward to this magical time.

I wanted to say thanks again to Andre, venomhatch, and all of the others who put so much time into helping people like me. Maybe someday we'll all run into each other.

DisneyAndrew said:
Then, I got on here and read about the BOG FastPass+ reservation. I was having trouble getting it to work, but was able to once I read the post about using the number on your Magic Band page. Once you have that number (it starts with a 4), you have 30 minutes to make selections on food and drinks for your party. Although, it appears like you might have the ability to go back later and change that (can anybody verify that??).

Yes it let me go back in but I was given a different time and 30 mins to complete it again...time it gave me was so close to the other I didn't realize it had changed until I got to the are you sure you want to change it page

So, I wanted to share my experience with everybody. Thanks to Andre's message yesterday, and thanks to the folks at Disney for letting him in on the fun, I was able to view the FastPass+ and make some selections yesterday both from the MDX site as well as the app on my phone. Technology is awesome!

I also was having trouble with the Magic Band customization. Oddly enough, I redid my online check-in before even coming to the DIS Boards today, so I was able to complete the customization.

So, my arrival is in 22 days (September 7th), and I am absolutely stoked to be a part of the testing while on our vacation. My family and I (DW, DD4, and my parents) are so looking forward to this magical time.

I wanted to say thanks again to Andre, venomhatch, and all of the others who put so much time into helping people like me. Maybe someday we'll all run into each other.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the information. I was trying to get the BOG FP+ and couldn't figure out my reservation ID. I just emailed my Travel Agent to see if she had it. We haven't customized our MB yet, so I will see about that! Thanks again!

How are you all getting confirmation numbers for magic bands? Will I not get one until mine ship in a few days?

Rach2109 said:
How are you all getting confirmation numbers for magic bands? Will I not get one until mine ship in a few days?

There is a reservation # on the magic bands page it starts with a 4....that is the number u need to make the ressie

So excited...24 days to go! I have read this entire thread and am so excited to be at POR! I just did online check-in and was able to customize our magic bands (but, I had to logout and login again for it to work.) Woot:cool1:

I'm sending a little one off to kindergarten next week (2 of 3), so planning this trip is my distraction from realizing she is gone. :sad2: Mickey makes everything better.

I just spoke to someone at disney about the magicbands. She is telling me that when I arrive, Oct 18, that it will still be in the testing phase. Now I am really confused.

Do you folks who say you got a "pop-up" have a pop-up blocker on your browser? I do, and I've never gotten a pop-up on the WDW site.

Thanks - I just figured that out. I checked in, and was able to customize the bands.

So my ressie isn't until 10/10, so if I check in now, do you think that I will still be able to customize the MBs? And then at that point would I get whatever number I need to try and get a lunch ressie at BOG?? TIA!

I have to get off the DIS site. I have been on it everyday for the last 3 months or so.

I am happy for those who are able to make their fastpass+ selections and choose their magic bands. But I can't help feeling upset by missing the date by 1 day. I am getting too depressed, feeling that I have been left out. Hopefully I get over this funk soon and am able to talk to everyone here

Thank you Andre and venomhatch for all your help and expertise. You guys are amazing

I have to get off the DIS site. I have been on it everyday for the last 3 months or so.

I am happy for those who are able to make their fastpass+ selections and choose their magic bands. But I can't help feeling upset by missing the date by 1 day. I am getting too depressed, feeling that I have been left out. Hopefully I get over this funk soon and am able to talk to everyone here

Thank you Andre and venomhatch for all your help and expertise. You guys are amazing
You are going to be at Disney World staying at an amazing resort. Your KTTW card will do verything the magic band would do, so the only thing you might miss out on is scheduling fast passes in advance. You will still be able to get fast passes using your KTTW card, so you really aren't missing much.

For what it's worth, I modified my online check-in for my RO Sept. 28 reservation and then was able to customize Magic Bands. We are doing a split stay with RO on Sept. 28 and a package with FD beginning on Sept. 29. There is still no FP+ availability any of our days. (Sept. 28 will not be a park day for us.) Still wondering when that might be available.:confused3

For what it's worth, I modified my online check-in for my RO Sept. 28 reservation and then was able to customize Magic Bands. We are doing a split stay with RO on Sept. 28 and a package with FD beginning on Sept. 29. There is still no FP+ availability any of our days. (Sept. 28 will not be a park day for us.) Still wondering when that might be available.:confused3

No one knows at this point, but I presume that it will be "enabled" soon.

I'm in the same boat. Hang in there. It'll happen.

Hello All,

We have setup our fastpass+ and magicbands and my husband and I were wondering if since the magicbands get mailed to us and they are our park tickets can we just go from the airport to Hollywood studios and use it without first going to the resort?

Thanks for all the great information!!

Tina

Friends,

Sorry if I ask a previous answered question.
We check in to POR on 9-10. I updated our My Magic Experience site and see our reservations. But I can't see where to order customized bands.
I called and a cast member said I will get an email if we are in the magic band test. I'm confused!!!
I can even select FP + on the magic experience site. But no customizing bands.

Are we not in the magic band test? What am I doing wrong if I should be able to order them? Help : ). Thanks

Friends,

Sorry if I ask a previous answered question.
We check in to POR on 9-10. I updated our My Magic Experience site and see our reservations. But I can't see where to order customized bands.
I called and a cast member said I will get an email if we are in the magic band test. I'm confused!!!
I can even select FP + on the magic experience site. But no customizing bands.

Are we not in the magic band test? What am I doing wrong if I should be able to order them? Help : ). Thanks

As far as I've read, you need to do online check in first, did you do that? Then sign out and sign back in. Hope that helps.

When are you arriving?

I am very confused. :confused3 I don't check in until Oct 18th. When should I be able to customize my magic bands? I see on my reservation,on computer not MDE, that I have tickets, but it doesn't allow me to do anything? Also our reservations are linked with another couple. But there daughter shows up on my ticket list. Do I need to create hers?

Told you I was confused. Sorry. But any help would be great!!

This... Having the exact same issue with a 10/12 arrival date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter