Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chptrk

chptrk Earning My Ears

We're celebrating our 16th anniversary by returning to "Dixie Landings" (well thats what my t-shirt says) as well, in May.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LovingDisny

LovingDisny I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

You made a good choice!

POR is very pretty, relaxing and fun. We love it there and can't wait to get back. So relax and do what the rest of do, print out Andre's maps from his website www.portorleans.org, stare at it everyday imaging just how pretty your walk will be to the bus depots and to Riverside Mill or Old Man Island. Then, go back to the first page in this thread and subscribe to the Port Orleans picture thread. If that doesn't get you excited about staying here... nothing will. There are some brillant pictures on that thread that will make you feel awesome about your resort choice. And if you have specific questions, this thread is great. Andre and Venom have lots of great info for you as well as others that post here. So. Welcome to the POR thread :goodvibes

4. LovingDisny

LovingDisny I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

I read both of your posts and it sounds like you had a very magical trip! thank you for sharing with us.

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Problems with checkin can happen at any time, especially during a time when they are massively overhauling their computer system. We were at WDW the first time in Dec '10 when they were overhauling things, and we also dealt with issues during our recent February trip. Best we can do is make sure we don't have any place we have to be immediately, make sure you aren't starving, make sure you have some water available if there's a wait, and just try to be calm.

They aren't going to make you have a room that you can't get to. 3 times now (not at POR, as we haven't made this request there) we have made a request for 1st floor because of the inability of a family member to climb stairs, and we have gotten it each time. When that first floor room was impossible to stay in due to mildew, they changed us to a room near an elevator but not on the 1st floor. Again, this wasn't at POR, but it's what disney does. This isn't something to worry about.

I'm 63" and sleep in the fetal position; so I'd be fine, too! :)

And here's a picture of the quiet pool near Parterre. It looks like a commercial for something wonderful.

[​IMG]

6. Lorilais_mommie

Lorilais_mommie " They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the

[]

:rotfl: I have been obsessing over this site for weeks now!!
    We had always booked our rooms in ASMo.. And did so for this upcoming trip..

Today we are 45 days out and I had to make a choice, said what the heck and upgraded! :scared: so in 45 days I will be in POR.. Ready or not :faint:

I thinks that's why I'm a little worried about everything..
    New resort and I only have 45 days to get acquainted with it..

Not to mention its HUGE!

7. dsnydaddy

dsnydaddy DIS Veteran

I think you're gonna love it. I was booked at AOA and the more I thought of it the more I felt I was missing out in my favorite resort. (Not to mention that I once tried a deluxe and kept comparing it unfavorably to POR and wished I'd have saved the money.). So I upgraded as well. Now happy that I did.

8. Lorilais_mommie

I'm expecting it to be really pretty in may.. Being spring and everything..
    Hope I'm right..

9. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

10. Zing72

Zing72 Earning My Ears

I apologize if this question has been asked. Are there towels available at the pools or do I need to pack some? 12 days!!!

11. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

There are free towels available at the main pool, but not at the quiet pools. Just take your room towels with you to the quiet pools, and ask housekeeping for some extra if you need them. No need to bring any from home.

Andre

12. Zing72

Zing72 Earning My Ears

Thank you!

13. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

My family and I will be staying at POR 5/13 - 5/17! Staying in a royal room for our little princess :). What rooms are recommended we booked the river view?

14. moonlitelace

moonlitelace Mouseketeer

The kids (16, 14) and I will be staying for the TOT run Oct 3rd - 7th. We've only stayed at the Sports resort, any tips to what rooms we should request? I've heard 26 is quiet, but how far from the main lobby, food, buses, etc is it?

15. ohnowewontgo

ohnowewontgo Disney here We Come

16. brian95

brian95 Mouseketeer

we are booked in a river view. is that more expensive than a preferred.thinking of paying for a upgrade to a preferred to be near main building. and south bus stop

17. sophie832

sophie832 Addicted to DL and WDW!

Thanks! I'm sure we will both have great trips! :goodvibes

18. Lorilais_mommie

Can someone explain the bus stop thing to me?

I know there are 4

So I know the bus goes to the main one 1st.. Then so on...

But what happens if its full?
    Does it just skip the other stops?

If we are on the far side of the resort and trying to make ADR should we just walk to the main stop?

19. DMLAINI

DMLAINI Mouseketeer

We are going to the Ploy to watch Wishes from the beach. What's the quickest was back to POR?:confused3 I was thinking of getting a taxi but do taxis have booster seats for kids?

20. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Maybe monorail or boat taxi to MK and then bus to POR.

Well besides the quickest which is taxi.

21. DMLAINI

DMLAINI Mouseketeer

Thanks! Can I have the front desk us the Poly call a taxi for us if that's what we decide?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.