Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
49 more days and I am so excited!!! This will be my kids' first plane ride, first trip to Disney...and my hubby will be home after 6 long months away in Afghanistan! So I was wondering about evening activities at POR?
We were at POR last month for our first time ever & went to see YeeHa Bob in the River Roost. It was great fun, adults and kids had a blast singing along and being entertained. We really enjoyed it!! He's not there every night but I would definitely recommend you try to get to see him.

49 more days and I am so excited!!! This will be my kids' first plane ride, first trip to Disney...and my hubby will be home after 6 long months away in Afghanistan! So I was wondering about evening activities at POR?

Andre will post the months of April and May activity listing as soon as they are available. He usually posts them on the first or second of the month.

Sorry not posting a lot. I don't have the motivation to post here. Plus My fiance and I have doctor appointments scheduled after this recent trip
VomitSmiley.gif
:faint:. The DD seems to have recovered. If anyone needs help with their faxes and or room requests PM me or post here and Ill PM you.

Aw, it's too bad your experience has soured you on POR...or is it WDW in general? There are LOTS of recent posts about the norovirus infecting visitors. What a horrible way to spend a vacation and then, having to recover after you get home!?!

I'm a little worried about taking my mom at the end of April, now. Her GI system is sensitive. I'm not a germ-aphobe but still having her bring some of my favorite germ killer (she has a store, only available online for me) and we're going to spray the room and wash our hands at every opportunity. If we are infested, we're moving like you did!

Hope you all recover quickly!

We have stayed at Port of Orleans Riverside at least 3 times and have nothing but good things to say about the place.

Three years ago, I got bronchitis on my trip to Disney and all I can say is great things about how Disney helped me get to a place to be treated and well enough to be able to fly home - that was the goal. To not have to drive back to DE.

You can get sick anywhere.

We are here now after an amazing dinner. Looking forward to exploring resort tomorrow !! Any questions? Pics and trip report are being tweeted if interested. @lynnmariesmom

We are coming here on Sunday...anyone know how much milk, water and juice are in the general store? I plan on bringing breakfast and snack items...but will need to buy milk juice and maybe water...

We are coming here on Sunday...anyone know how much milk, water and juice are in the general store? I plan on bringing breakfast and snack items...but will need to buy milk juice and maybe water...

Here's the response I got back on the part 3 thread of POR, hope it helps. (It was from the first part of Feb this year)

Originally Posted by Kathy Z
germ539, we are at POR now. Borden whole milk half gallon is 2.95; 1 quart 2 percent is 2.45. Pop comes in 6 packs; missed getting price. 2 liters of Coke or Sprite are 3.50; 20 ounce bottles of pop are 2.59. Simply orange is available in 13.25 oz. and V-8 in 12 oz. 24 pack case of 12 oz. bottles of Dasani are 16.00. A few beers come in 6 packs; more variety, both cans & bottles are available individually. I think you can see the whole selection on page 1 of this thread or on portorleans.org.

If you would have at least a $40 order you might find it easier to order from Garden Grocer like I did. My base order of $41.41 came to $57.74 with delivery charge & tax added. ($14 delivery charge for orders under $200.)

(If this has been covered before, I apologize, I can't find it on this board) I've read on other boards about overriding the air conditioning unit because it shuts off without motion in the room. Do you have to do this at POR, if so, how? I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night sweating due to no air being circulated because we aren't moving in the night :upsidedow

(If this has been covered before, I apologize, I can't find it on this board) I've read on other boards about overriding the air conditioning unit because it shuts off without motion in the room. Do you have to do this at POR, if so, how? I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night sweating due to no air being circulated because we aren't moving in the night :upsidedow

I can't tell you for sure if its motion activated or not, but I saw in another thread that one way to combat this is to get a balloon and keep it within detection so it'll bob back and forth.

Hope you're feeling better soon :sick:

Thank you Sue!

Just so we can settle this other issue with the attention getters with no life but to stay up all night and stir issues.

This is the cockroach in the tub we found and I killed. Anybody who has been in a royal room knows that is the wallpaper used in the royal room bath areas.

DF962062-D2F3-4995-B9B6-368B13A24427-3492-0000026076485B3E_zps356db970.jpg

Here is another photo I found online showing better detail and the smaller one is the ones we found in the drawers.

3A28DBC2-CDC7-4AE6-A0DA-AFD6D7233DAB-3492-00000262C5E8B7C6_zps376f5d66.jpg

Thank you Sue!

Just so we can settle this other issue with the attention getters with no life but to stay up all night and stir issues.

This is the cockroach in the tub we found and I killed. Anybody who has been in a royal room knows that is the wallpaper used in the royal room bath areas.

DF962062-D2F3-4995-B9B6-368B13A24427-3492-0000026076485B3E_zps356db970.jpg

Here is another photo I found online showing better detail and the smaller one is the ones we found in the drawers.

3A28DBC2-CDC7-4AE6-A0DA-AFD6D7233DAB-3492-00000262C5E8B7C6_zps376f5d66.jpg

You're welcome. but EWWWW! Not the bed time pic I need :upsidedow Now I'm going to have to go back and look at Andres pic!!! :rotfl:

Sorry not posting a lot. I don't have the motivation to post here. Plus My fiance and I have doctor appointments scheduled after this recent trip
VomitSmiley.gif
:faint:. The DD seems to have recovered. If anyone needs help with their faxes and or room requests PM me or post here and Ill PM you.

Hope you all feel better soon. Sorry your trip was not so magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter