1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supermom3

Supermom3 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the replies!!! We are going on May 29th with a 9am MK opening, so we'll take the car for sure. You all have been a big help!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

We have an 8:15 am reservation at Hollywood and Vine. Will we have any problem catching a bus to DHS from POR to make our reservation? How early do the buses start running? Thanks!

4. webstah

webstah DIS Veteran

Well, if you figure 20 to 30 minutes travel by bus and then by boat, plus the fact you're supposed to check in 15 minutes before your reservation, plus wait times for the bus and the boats, I wouldn't leave any later than 4:30 and probably before that. You can always explore the area around the BBQ while you wait. If you have younger kids, there is a playground on the way to the BBQ so if you get there a little too early, the kids can be entertained.

5. drinkme

drinkme DIS Veteran

Me too! We leave in 26 days & I wanted to do online checking & request a section.

I've stayed at both before but can't decide which one would be better this trip.

I'm thinking since we'll be there in June maybe I should request closer to the pool. I have a garden view reservation. Which bldg should I request?

6. awfullybigadventure

awfullybigadventure Mouseketeer

The concierge at POR told us to allow 90 minutes from POR to the Hoop-Dee-Doo, so I would imagine it would be the same for the Barbecue.

7. BrentSD

BrentSD Earning My Ears

Thanks again!

8. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

Have a great trip! We leave romorrow. Looks like a nice week.

We have 2 friends who did the bbq within the past year and both really enjoyed it. The only negative they mentioned was it was hot. Their kids want to do it again.

9. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

We leave tomorrow. Does anyone need us to try and check on anything for them if we get a chance? Would love to help someone else since everyone here was so helpful. We will have a royal guest room.

Also does anyone know if the gift shop at POR carries those small metal crowns they use at BBB. Last time my older DD wasn't three, so I got one in the poly gift shop that she wore all week. Would like to get them for the girls to wear during the week.

10. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

That seems like MORE than enough time. We really must've lucked out because it was a quick bus ride to MK from POR and the boat was like, at most 20min. We had a lot of time to hang around FW. But is is better to be safe than sorry. Like somebody else mentioned, the buses go under the Lagoon and you can see that from the boats! Pretty cool. Also, take mosquito spray!

Fairly sure they have those crowns. Most all the shops do and POR has a nice shop. We got a really nice crown for DD in Germany at the crystal store. It was beautiful and I think it was like 30.00, which seems like a lot, but it is all metal and will last.

11. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

Anyone?

12. monicajonathan

monicajonathan Earning My Ears

We had an 8:15 res at dhs last trip and we caught the bus as early as a little bit before 7am. We got there in plenty of time.

13. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

I think we are going to be near each other! We leave tomorrow too and have a Royal room Riverview.

14. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

Buses start running around 7.

15. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

We have garden view. Hope you have a great trip!

16. Dixiemom

Dixiemom DIS Veteran

I would love to do this but "someone" in our party is a penny pincher.....I think it would be a perfect thing to do on our arrival day after all that driving......thoughts????

17. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

Thank you!

18. Coconuts

Coconuts DIS Veteran

Bump.

Someone answered about the storage but any comment on the Murphy bed?

19. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

The info is on page 1 of this thread.

20. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Do what - you did not refer to what you wanted to do.

21. quietgirll

quietgirll DIS Veteran

It was in her post title... The carriage rides. We did it once way back in the day once when we were staying at POFQ... I'd like to try it again and see what we think....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.