Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Thanks we started our single digit dance and thank you for you magic wishespixiedust:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kandim

kandim Earning My Ears

We were there 1/30-2/8 and had the same experience with the bus to MK our first day there. i had rented a car so we drove after that. We have previously stayed in All Stars several times & the buses weren't that bad. But then, everyone's opinion on the buses seems to differ.

4. ZeroMyHero

ZeroMyHero Mouseketeer

Just paid off our upcoming trip - only 44 days to go. :goodvibes This thread and portorleans.org have been amazing resources to help me plan our first visit to POR. Thank you!

5. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Yes the banquette bench with the fold-down bed is there in King Bed AB rooms too. But at present they don't have any options to allow 3 people to book one.

Andre

6. kungaloosh22

kungaloosh22 Mouseketeer

That sounds really nice. I think I need to put something like this on my bucket list.

7. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Thanks for the info :) Maybe I'll put my Grumpy plush on it ;)

8. elfling8

elfling8 Mouseketeer

9. momof2gr8kids

momof2gr8kids DIS Veteran

Hey - we were there that night too in that crazy line up after lingering in MK to try and avoid the bus crowds. It was our last night there and like you, EMH at AK one morning was our other long wait. Other than that the busses were great. My dh joked with all my planning if I planned the bus schedule as well becuase they just seemed to show up or be there when we got to the stops.

We too were telling people where the line started, as I was worried people were butting in way up ahead as the line was not moving at all!

10. momof2gr8kids

Have a great trip!

11. momof2gr8kids

So are you and Andre going to be there the same time? Cool.

And I really really hope you of all people get all your room requests!Venomhatch. :rotfl:

12. Venomhatch

I am trying to get free to slide by there now. Poly guest services has been swamped. But ill be on Vaca on March 1st for a while. Thanks for the Request wishes!

13. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

Do any of you request specific room numbers when making room requests? I can imagine asking for one particular room would be a long shot but what about listing maybe 5 or 6 that you'd be interested in?

14. DisneyGuess

DisneyGuess DIS Veteran

Ugh. 3 days to go! I forgot to reads my building request when I switched us from room only to a package. I'm sure it's too late this close! I'll cross my fingers & hope we get a good building!

15. andrewilley

Yeah, I tend to suggest using room numbers as a way to reference the areas you want, rather than asking for one specific number (e.g. ask for something like "Oak Manor, Overlooking river, upper floor, e.g. 9271-9274").

Andre

16. andrewilley

You've got my US cell number I think? Give me a call when you get a chance as we're starting to run low on time for a meet as we leave on Monday morning.

Andre

17. Venomhatch

One, PM me your number. Two, I agree we tend to like to see three to four room numbers for an idea where you'd like to be placed.

18. tink68

tink68 Mouseketeer

We returned home LATE Monday night and I had to go straight back to work the next day so I am just now getting to this. We had a great visit and POR was as beautiful as ever. Thanks to Andre and Venom for all their info. We were in room 1413 RV (although they would need to trim the hedges out front to be able to actually see the river LOL) and loved the AB section. Having that extra bed was great. My 2 kids took turns and both slept comfortably on it. Weather was a little chilly and the crowds were huge but we managed. Now back to saving for the next trip. ;)

19. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

Thank you both for your help. :wave2:

20. CDolacki2003

CDolacki2003 DIS Veteran

That's funny, and yes I have bought new undies for my trips. Don't know why the old ones are not good enough:confused3

21. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

I do this too! I have absolutely no idea why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.