Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephyarcouette

stephyarcouette Earning My Ears

OMG!!! 13 more days!!!! Sooooooo excited!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Megsmachine

Megsmachine I love Minnie!

THanks!! :cool1:

4. Megsmachine

Andre or Venom? Any ideas? Thanks!

5. webstah

webstah DIS Veteran

Catch the first bus to Magic Kingdom, then hop on the resort monorail to the Poly.

6. zabache

zabache DIS Veteran

106 days for me! :)

7. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

I will let you know in 18 days !!!! :)

Seriously though, its one of the things we wondered about, we LOVED CSR, and we wondered if it would feel elegant and resort like, or if it would feel hokey and Splash Mountain like (glad that you love SM, but its not one of our favs).

Also the reason we are worried so much about AB vs Magnolia Bend, but hey, we are going to be at Disney, its going to be great, and its going to be an experience either way. I guess half the fun will be deciding for ourselves what POR feels like to us :)

8. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

The voucher can also be picked up at the Poly and GF, which would be a lot easier to get to and then get to CM than DTD.

Buses start running at 6:30 every morning, so you'll probably want to get that first bus because that early, if you miss the first one, you'll probably have to wait half an hour for the next one, which might be cutting it close.

9. Megsmachine

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

10. Megsmachine

Thanks!!

11. Smuckles

Smuckles Suffering from Post-WDW Depression

Oh my gosh!

Andre and Venom: Thank you for responding quickly to my question about whether the text of the fax indicating "we're coming in two weeks" or the 5-6 day mark for when to fax is accurate. As it turns out, I asked the question twice, I discovered, and had it answered by both of you. :)

I woke up at 8AM (EST) this morning, marking the five day point for our arrival. I used GotFreeFax.com, as suggested in the beginning of the thread, and e-mailed a PDF copy of the fax document I made (which turned out similar to the "template"). I received an e-mail from the room inventory manager about forty minutes after I faxed it!

The e-mail confirmed my requests and that they were able to accommodate all of them! I was never expecting all of them to be accommodated, since I had a few (the request to be in Alligator Bayou was the only really "important" one). Beyond that, they had some extra space in the "preferred" location and squeezed us in there. :) It's such a great start to our trip and it hasn't even happened yet.

I just hope that I didn't seem really needy. In reality, we only wanted to be in AB and would've put up with any room they could put us in. What we received, though, was a second-floor, corner room in the preferred area. :) :) :)

I'm thrilled with this type of attention that they're able to provide at no cost to their guests. It's really exciting. :) I've been smiling all day.

12. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

If you have a package, remember to bring your mickey mail: it has your confirmation number and vouchers for the little extras.

13. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Glad to hear it. Here is to hoping your stay is as magical as possible!

14. ColonelHathi

ColonelHathi Mouseketeer

Woot! We have 184 days!!! :banana:

15. Megsmachine

Thanks, that is in my folder too!

16. Ericthered

Ericthered Earning My Ears

If you stayed in room 2724 I turned it in to the front desk.

17. Ericthered

Ericthered Earning My Ears

I'm on the first floor in AB and can here the toilets flushing, doors and people walking by. However it never woke any one in our party up and we did sleep well every night.

18. stephyarcouette

stephyarcouette Earning My Ears

Can I request a green view if I paid for a standard view? I know these are just requests and may not be able to get it, but I wondered how often it happened to get a non parking lot view with a standard view room reservation?

19. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

There is no way of telling, because it depends on things that are totally out of your control.

It can depend on how busy the resort is, how many rooms may be out of inventory for maintenance, people who have late check-out or unable to check out due to weather issues at home, etc.

You can request one, but if the resort is filled to capacity, there won't be much wriggle room.

20. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

Single digits! 9 days until I arrive at POR! :cheer2:

21. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

I am at the 8 week mark. But I have a funny story to tell.

About two years ago, a friend of mine asked me to take her and her two kids when her daughter graduates from high school, which is in June of this year.

We have been planning for weeks on end. She is a single mom, always struggling to make ends meet, but never goes without. She is very resilient and resourceful and I admire that so much in her.

They go out once a month to dinner and they go camping a couple of times a year. Her kids go to CA twice a year to see their dad, but they prefer to be at home with Mom. They have never been on a real vacation. I passed up going to Disney last year on my usual week, in order to save money to pay for the entire room, instead of splitting it, so she could be able to go.

Well, we owe the money next weekend and she hasn't really given me a definitive time other that that she almost has enough. She has had some financial issues, but she is working through it.

So, the last few weeks I have been working myself up to the point that we just are not going to be able to go and I am going to miss going to my beloved POR until later this year.

So yesterday, I saw her and lo and behold she will have the money this weekend....she is owed a check from the state of CA for unclaimed property on her grandmother's estate and it is almost the exact amount she owes me.

About 15 minutes later, it dawned on me, holy cow, we are going to Disney World. I almost fell off the bar stool.....pixiedust:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.