Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

Aww! So cute &:). I am super excited for our trip! 30 days

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. czmom

czmom DIS Veteran

Just spent 3 nights at POR in a Royal Room and loved it! The CMs were fantastic, food court was good, bus service was super, and Yeeha Bob was awesome!! My daughter had a blast with all of the pool activities. Our room was standard but we were in Oak Manor 9422 and I thought it had a great view. It was very clean and our mousekeeper left us the cutest things.
    We are DVC owners and stayed here so my DD6 could enjoy the Royal Room. It was totally worth it!

4. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

Got our mickey mail on Thursday! 29 days to go. Now that my DD's surgery is over today, can breathe again. A lot of things to do to get ready.

They didn't send enough ME tags. I assume it is no problem to call and request more. We had requested 2 each before they were sent but they only gave 1 each. Not sure we willbring 2 each but free bags so want to have the option.

5. momofboyz3

momofboyz3 DIS Veteran

Hi - I can't answer your question since I have never been! But, wanted to add we will be at POR the end of May too! Also, turning 40! Yayyyyy! :)

6. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Yay, we booked today! Going in October and since I'm running the TOT 10miler I got to book through the rundisney people and got a lovely rate. Can't beat that!

Just a standard room this time so I'll have to review Andre's site since last time we were in a royal room!

And it's 5 nights instead of the much shorter stay pre-cruise. It's all very very good.

7. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

I have tried to look on several sites including Portorleans.org and still can not find a map with the designated smoking areas. I understand others do not smoke but we do, we have went to electronic cigarettes but still want to be in the right area. Which building in the preferred area is the closest to a smoking area?:scratchin

8. sophie832

sophie832 Addicted to DL and WDW!

Just checked in around 5pm today. I had requested Magnolia Bend, but our room is in Bldg 24 of AB. The woman checking us in tried to see if there were any MB rooms available, but there weren't.

That being said, we are actually fine with the room. It is very close to the West bust depot, and the building has its own quiet pool. DH loves the trundle bed, even though we can't use it (just the two of us). Our view truly is standard (parking lot), but that never mattered to us anyway. Overall, we are happy with the atmosphere at POR, and no rain yet!

9. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Go to http://portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php and click on the link for Port Orleans Resort Map.

10. headedtoWDW

headedtoWDW Earning My Ears

I had wonderful luck with our room request, we got everything we wanted! HUGE thanks to Andre, Venom Hatch and everyone else whose advice was so invaluable! Cannot wait to arrive at POR next week!

11. 4butlers

4butlers DIS Veteran

I'm just curious how you know you were granted all your requests if you haven't checked in yet? Did you get an email confirmation?

12. headedtoWDW

yes, I got an email confirmation.

13. 4butlers

4butlers DIS Veteran

That's great to know! I didn't realize they sent a confirmation.

14. headedtoWDW

I'm not sure that they always do, it was an unexpected bonus!

15. dramaticmissy

16. joanzie72

joanzie72 Mouseketeer

Did you open the PFD map? They are on there blue circle with a line or something going straight across. It looks like their is a DSA by each pool, different spots on the "walking/running" loop, 3-4 areas by the main building.

Hope that helps.

17. 4butlers

4butlers DIS Veteran

You need to click on either of the top two .pdf maps.

18. dramaticmissy

thanks

19. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Yes they are, but not on the simplified display version I use on the page, you'll need to view the fullly detailed scalable PDF version from the links (www.portorleans.org/images/Port%20Orleans%20Map.pdf)

Andre

20. dramaticmissy

Thank you so much found them, sorry

21. Rhode Island Quahog

Rhode Island Quahog Tink, Pooh, and Stitch fan. Proud and Happy Bay L

We are booked in a Royal Room with a river view. Does the 2nd or 3rd floor, in your opinion, have the better view?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.