Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I hinted here a few days ago, I've been a busy bunny over the Christmas break, and have finally managed to complete all of the remaining room layout plans for Alligator Bayou for my site, to accompany the Magnolia Bend mansion building plans which have been on there for a few years. This has been a very regularly requested resource, so I hope people will find it useful.

So as a New Year's present :) here are the first few (preferred) buildings as an example...

Layout-AB14.png

Layout-AB15.png

Layout-AB18.png

Layout-AB27.png

I won't paste all sixteen in here, but the rest can be found via hotlinks on the map at www.portorleans.org/alligator-bayou.php.

The process involved cross-referencing quite a lot of photos and other research material (Google Earth helped with the locations of stairways, etc) and trying to spot the errors in some basic plan information that I'd been sent a while ago. I think it's now fully accurate, but if anyone spots any errors please let me know.

I'll update the existing mansion building plans into the same format shortly, to maintain a consistent style.

Andre

They do accept walk-ups if there's a slot which hasn't been pre-booked, but to be honest I don't think I'd risk it as it can be quite popular. Even if you book it a day or two in advance once you know your plans better, that might save disappointing your DD.

Andre

I just looked on the Disney website to see if I could book a carriage ride. According to the site, there's no availability at all from 2/3 - 2/8. Could that be possible, or is this yet another glitch in their new web design?

I just looked on the Disney website to see if I could book a carriage ride. According to the site, there's no availability at all from 2/3 - 2/8. Could that be possible, or is this yet another glitch in their new web design?

I'd call them to check. I didn't even know you could do it online to be honest.

Andre

I have a room question. We haven't stayed at POR in a few years and with all the new room changes...

we thought for the best chance to get a mansion room (non royal) we booked a river view. Is our thinking correct?
we would have preferred a king bed but....we prefer the mansions over the Bayou.

did we think right??? thanks;)

As I hinted here a few days ago, I've been a busy bunny over the Christmas break, and have finally managed to complete all of the remaining room layout plans for Alligator Bayou for my site, to accompany the Magnolia Bend mansion building plans which have been on there for a few years. This has been a very regularly requested resource, so I hope people will find it useful.

So as a New Year's present :) here are the first few (preferred) buildings as an example...

Layout-AB14.png

Layout-AB15.png

Layout-AB18.png

Layout-AB27.png

I won't paste all sixteen in here, but the rest can be found via hotlinks on the map at www.portorleans.org/alligator-bayou.php.

The process involved cross-referencing quite a lot of photos and other research material (Google Earth helped with the locations of stairways, etc) and trying to spot the errors in some basic plan information that I'd been sent a while ago. I think it's now fully accurate, but if anyone spots any errors please let me know.

I'll update the existing mansion building plans into the same format shortly, to maintain a consistent style.

Andre
All I can say is WOW! Disney's PR department (and certainly their webmasters) could take a few lessons from you, Andre.

Happy New Year, everyone. And, by the way, in just
One Week
I'll be checking into POR! :cool1::cool1: Getting ready to compose my fax for the room request, and really looking forward to see the Royal rooms.

I do have a question, though (and please forgive me - I know it's here somewhere! :rotfl2:) - but how long does it take to walk to POFQ from Parterre or Oak Manor?

Not sure if this has been answered before, sorry if it was!

Can anyone tell me the room #'s for the Royal Guest Riverview rooms?
I looked at the map but I'm not sure which rooms are waterview and which are riverview.

Thank you!:)

29 days til we check in at POR. :cool1:

Andrewilley, enjoying your portorleans.org website as well.

Will be in touch with you Venomhatch at a later date to get that room request fax form. (And with Andrewilley's detailed room number locations, I can drive the room assignment team crazy with specific room number request. J/K)

The only thing I'm nervous about is the busses. Last time we stayed at POP and had a vehichle. Unless I get a super cheap last minute rate, we're not getting a rental vehicle this time. I figure we can take a cab the few places or times it might be more convenient.

I think I'm more excited than the kids .... :rotfl:

Congrats Andre!!!!!!! Now I see portorleans.org has clickable AB sections to show layouts like your mansions, very cool!!!

Will be in touch with you Venomhatch at a later date to get that room request fax form. (And with Andrewilley's detailed room number locations, I can drive the room assignment team crazy with specific room number request.

Ok just PM me. I'll be around!

I'm a long time lurker jumping in to say hello. I've been keeping up with this thread and Andre's site for about a year now, knowing that we'd most likely be staying at POR on our next trip. My girls love the RGR and we'd love to stay somewhere new this time.

DH has finally given me the go ahead to start planning our trip for this year. :woohoo: We haven't booked yet, but are looking at Thanksgiving week or the week leading up to Christmas. I know those are both really busy times of the year, but I'm a teacher so my choices are limited. We really want to see the Christmas decorations again too. The trip is going to be a surprise for the girls, so I'm really excited.

Andre, your site convinced my parents to come and check out POR with us. Thanks.:) I also have to say this thread is wonderful as I've gained a lot of valuable information from everyone here, especially Andre and Venom.

we thought for the best chance to get a mansion room (non royal) we booked a river view. Is our thinking correct?
we would have preferred a king bed but....we prefer the mansions over the Bayou.

There are 45 official River View rooms in Alligator Bayou versus 27 in the non-Royal mansions, so the booking logic probably works the other way around. There are actually a lot more River View classed rooms in the Royal buildings (92 in fact) due to the configuration and orientation of the buildings. King Bed rooms are more evenly spread (54 in AB vs 40 in the regular mansions) and can include all view types, including the river. If I were you I'd go with a King Bed booking if that's what you ideally want, and request the mansion buildings.

All I can say is WOW! Disney's PR department (and certainly their webmasters) could take a few lessons from you, Andre.

I do have a question, though (and please forgive me - I know it's here somewhere! :rotfl2:) - but how long does it take to walk to POFQ from Parterre or Oak Manor?

Thanks for the compliments, it was a bit of a task but I'm really pleased with the results so far (and hopefully there may be more info to add soon). If anyone does find them extremely useful, there's always the lil' old "Donate" button on my website should anyone feel like to contributing toward the server costs, etc.? Just sayin'... :) :)

The walk to POFQ from Parterre is the shortest route from POR, and Oak is the second shortest. From some Parterre rooms you could be into the POFQ grounds within about 3-4 minutes, and just another 5 mins or so to the main building.

Can anyone tell me the room #'s for the Royal Guest Riverview rooms?
I looked at the map but I'm not sure which rooms are waterview and which are riverview.

Without going into specific room numbers, basically all of the 'wing end' rooms overlooking the river count as River View, plus the middle river-facing rooms on the TOP floor only of the central section of both buildings.

Andre

Thanks Andre, you've answered my question perfectly!

I have been lucky enough to upgrade from POP to a RGR and save a little money too! I haven't been to POR since it was Dixie Landings and I can't wait to see it again! We will be checking in 2/3!:cool1:

Which bus stop would you recommend?

We stayed there from Dec. 25 - 30. POR was awesome! We had four rooms, two and two connected, first floor, two were corner rooms, right by the pool, short walk to bus depot and a little bit of a longer walk to main lobby, bigger pool, cafeteria, etc., but I didn't mind as I loved seeing parts of the resort on our walk.
We had our Christmas dinner at Boatright's. It was delicious! My fiance (we got engaged during our stay at POR!), and I went on a carriage ride and purchased one for my brother and sister-in-law for her birthday. Fiance says this was the highlight of his trip! There were a couple of nights that we ate in the cafeteria, prices were not horrible, and food was good!
The only times we had a 'problem' with buses, was the day we were going to Epcot, we had a 45 minute wait, and one night coming back from Downtown Disney, we waited about 20 minutes then decided to take the boat back. It was cold that night, so it was either stand in the cold and wait, or be cold on the boat and head back. I figured if we were going to be cold, we might as well be moving at least. lol

Our first night there we took the boat to DD and our group of 13 serenaded the boat driver with a Christmas song. He applauded and thanked us. :)
I can't say enough good things about POR. We loved it and will be back, hopefully for a honeymoon! ;)

I have a room question. We haven't stayed at POR in a few years and with all the new room changes...

did we think right??? thanks;)

Andre, I've been absolutely enthralled with yuor website. The pictures have me going crazy! I'm finally out of the 300s to our trip (290 to be exact ;)). I have a similar question to what's posted above - I absolutely do not, under any circumstance, want a AB room :blush: Totally not our style, at all. I really want to stay in the Magnolia Terrace building - right now our reservation has us with a Garden view - what are my odds for the end of October? I'm planning on sending in a fax request, and/or calling or whatever else we have to do (sending baked goods? ;)). Is there anything that shows what rooms are what view (I know I found something similar for AKV, which is where my parents are staying for their stay).

9 days and I'm starting to really freak out-I just ordered some clothes for the kids (they wear uniforms so don't have too many "normal" clothes), I'm making list after list, and really hoping the weather stays in the 70's like it looks now! And I'm REALLY praying it doesn't rain on Saturday for the 1/2 marathon. pixiedust:pixiedust:

Andre-I just checked your website with the room numbers, and did not realize how small the buildings were. We paid for preferred and was going to request building 14 a river view, but didn't realize just how few rooms there were per section! I guess I'm used to POP where there seems to be hundreds of rooms per building.

I'm so excited I can't stand it! (Cue Pointer Sisters music here...) :rotfl2::lmao:

We're checking in on the same day :thumbsup2

Maybe we will run into each other!
I noticed you booked flights, are you flying out of Newark?
Did you get a good rate?

I think we are renting a car and driving, but if we could get a great rate I might be able to talk DH into flying!

We are staying from 2/3 - 2/9 - what are your dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter