Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Do you fancy a horse-drawn carriage ride, they run until around 9pm. Otherwise it's only a short boat or bus ride to Downtown Disney (maybe boat there and bus back if you'll be returning after 11pm?)

Andre

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aubmickey90

aubmickey90 Earning My Ears

get there in 4 days... plan on checking in as early as possible and getting started on my way overdue vacation to Port Orleans-Riverside and WDW.....can't wait to see yeehaa Bob on saturday and all of the Christmas decorations...............:cool1::thumbsup2

4. tanialesser

tanialesser Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,
    We are leaving tomorrow after 10 amazing days here at port orleans riverside. It has been fantastic! However we have some things we wont be taking home we would love to pass on if anyone could use them. We have a toaster, a loaf of bread unopened, a case of pop (half diet coke half diet with lime) half a case of dasani water, a half a tank of balloon hellium and balloons (long story and a 6th birthday). We also have things like pb and jam and apples if anyone is interested (these have been opened).

Please let me know asap as we leave early tmo, and I will send you my room number, we are in oak manor.

5. Peter Fan

Peter Fan Peter Fan

I usually leave those kinds of things for mousekeeping. At least I hope they can use it.

6. Peter Fan

Peter Fan Peter Fan

You can definately just hang out there. It's a blast!

7. oka1jeg

oka1jeg Earning My Ears

Venomhatch...I've been trying to send you a private message. Either they aren't going, or you are going to get 3 of the same message at once! :rotfl2: Sorry!!

Let me know if you get it please....:confused3

8. That Mom

That Mom Mouseketeer

I would love to have the pop and water but we don't arrive until Thursday.

9. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

I just got 4 messages from you replied to one of them. They were all the same message right?

10. SeniorPrincess

SeniorPrincess Earning My Ears

Venomhatch, a new type of question for you. now that we are all set up in our preferred accommodations of our week's stay, we would like to explore how to spead our pixie dust upon one other deserving family per day. We are budgeting $10 per day to give away to an impressive kid or a long-suffering family or anyone else who needs a little boost to make their WDW day more magical.
    Can you give us any hints about how to accomplish this goal during our week? E.g, we could just buy a cute kid gift each day and try to find an age-appropriate recipient to give it to. Or are there blank disney credit cards upon which we can gift an appropriate amount? Or would it be better to offer all the money to concierge on duty and let her pick the ones most in need of a special break? We don't want written or verbal thanks, to see their kid;s faces light up is what we hope for. Any ideas to help us spread our joy?:laundy:

11. vtownpatty

vtownpatty Mouseketeer

SeniorPrincess - what a lovely idea! I love random acts of kindness. However you end up spreading your pixie dust will be wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. Venomhatch

Wow. Just wow... Oh my I am touched by your generosity. I know I just patrol the gift shops sometimes and keep a few 10.00 preloaded gift cards on me. If I see a kid that just captures my heart with either something that I over hear them say, they just look so cute or nice in there outfits, or even if they look like they may need a lil help to have there experience a little bit more magical. I hand them a gift card and tell them that Mickey or Minnie asked me to pass this along to them. They light right up. I just say this because after a day in the parks I typically hangout in the gift shops before going to a room or leaving for the day.

What I would do is something similar preload a few gift cards keep them on you while your there and if you happen to see the same find a cast member and ask them to pass them along to the kid you point out and kind of blend in the area and watch the reaction if you want or you can just leave the CM will most likely take it to them. Just explain what your doing to the CM. They will for sure help spread the magic.

13. Maddie's Nana

Maddie's Nana DIS Veteran

To Senior Princess & Venomhatch

It is so nice to read about generous giving people - especially after reading the current news that highlights the nastiness of some people. Thanks for starting off my day with a "really good feeling". Your generosity inspires me and I'm sure others to also do something "magical" for others.
    :goodvibes

14. Venomhatch

Thank you...

To be honest with everyone. I actually know what it is like to be hurting before. Where I know they are at Disney so they got here some how. That doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is their smiles on there face. The warm feeling that makes me tear up a little when some lil boy or girl deserving or recovering from something operation, sickness, whatever it may be. Disney is the happiest place on earth and I enjoy making it that much more happier everyday!

15. oka1jeg

oka1jeg Earning My Ears

Yes, they were all the same message. I have had some "technical issues" using the website via laptop since I downloaded the DISboards app on my phone. I apologize for you receiving 4 from me.

16. oka1jeg

oka1jeg Earning My Ears

To SeniorPrincess and Venomhatch - AMAZING!! As others, I find your generosity and character inspiring. Great idea! And I hope to use this to teach lessons of generosity and selflessness to my kids.

17. Venomhatch

No worries, just making sure I didn't miss anything.

Why thank you for the compliment.

18. andrewilley

There's nothing to stop someone from leaving items with Bell Services for when another guest checks in, just need to let them know the name and arrival date.

Andre

19. dillydilly

dillydilly Mouseketeer

I forgot to ask...I booked a garden view room because that was all that was available at the time. Is there a specific area I should request that anyone could recommend? I am sad to see that Boatwrights no longer serves breakfast.

20. andrewilley

A bit hard to say unless you tell us your criteria - do you want a mansion building or Alligator Bayou room, near to food court, parking lot, bus stop, pool? If AB, then asking for buildings 16 or 17 are good choices.

I agree about breakfast at Boatwright's. They stopped it in Feb 2009, bad move IMHO.

Andre

21. Venomhatch

Yeah I was there that Feb and got breakfast, lil did I know they stopped it til we went back in 2010 and no joy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.