Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

When are you going on vacation? I know I've heard that some like to get those closet organizer things that have shelves on them.....then store some things on those? I can't speak for the layout of the rooms since we'll see it for the first time next sunday :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

This is what I suggest for guests worried about storage space. Its at Target, but probably at Walmart and few other stores. This one has shoe racks on the side, and you can fold it down and pack it in a suit case.

http://www.target.com/p/munchkin-6-...-/A-13296344#prodSlot=medium_1_19&term=closet

4. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

Where and when do we find Bob?

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

He plays at the River Roost Wednesday - Saturday evenings from 8:30PM until right around Midnight. Definitely a must see!

6. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Sure, I always do the checkins for all of our group if we're staying in two rooms - in fact they suggest it, to keep the number of people waiting in the actual queue more manageable.

Remember that if they want to use the room-charging facility, the credit card holder will need to come up to the desk and sign for it.

Andre

7. andrewilley

No they don't, the elevators are in the middle section of each mansion building, not the wings. Just get a ground floor room though, that solves that one without adding any extra walking to the central part of the building.

I'm afraid you can't have everything in a single room location though - you can't have an upper floor, near an elevator, very close to the main building; you need to decide which are your priorities.

Andre

8. ItsNotMuchofaTail

ItsNotMuchofaTail but I'm sort of attached to it

Got back Saturday (well, Sunday, dang flight delay). We had a wonderful trip, and I LOVED POR.

I found the bus service quick and efficient to everywhere except MK. Maybe it was my luck, but we waited more than 20 minutes both times we went to MK. But that was twice out of 14ish bus rides. Most times we waited less than 5 minutes, and we had seats all but twice. I like the bus service though, and would never bother with a car at WDW.

I liked the food court and found the food very good. We were able to swim several times, and my DD loved the pool games. We also did the campfire one night and one of the movies under the stars.

We were in Oak Manor, on the second floor and our room looked out to the center fountain, beautiful location. Loved the royal room. I had booked garden view I think, one step up from the parking lot view, LOL.

We didn't get to see Bob as my DD got sick on our MVMCP night (right at the crowded bus stop, sigh, good thing that bus took a long time, or she would have gotten sick on the bus) and I had to shuffle things around at the end of our trip.

And ME was messed up for us, which stressed me out at the very end. But overall, it was magical, and thanks to everyone in here who helped me out on planning things.

I would totally stay at POR again, and I will never travel in the summer again. It was just perfect this time, although I know the weather this time of year can be finicky, we had mid 70s and sunny almost every day.

9. poohmickey

poohmickey Mouseketeer

We had 3 teens and 2 adults for 8 days and did just fine, we even took afternoon breaks every day. We all knew going in it was going to be cozy and we made a point of reminding the teens to be thankful for being there. We did have a room close to a quiet pool, so we made good use of the "extra" bathroom being so close.

10. erynsmom

erynsmom Mouseketeer

That's what I was thinking. :)
    Thanks Andre.

11. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

If we want an AB room and we have 3 people and we don't want to be far from the food court and main pool is it absolutely necessary to book preferred? How likely is it that we'd end up in a building close to everything in the AB section without booking preferred during the first week in May-regular season if we make a request for specific building and AB? THANK YOU!

12. mommycal

mommycal Mouseketeer

trying to squeeze a night to see bob @ the lounge. Can you just hang out and watch him as a family or do you have eat dinner there? :rolleyes1 Trying to probably do too much but heard such great things about his show that I'd hate to miss it!

13. dillydilly

dillydilly Mouseketeer

Howdy! We just returned from a stay at POP and have booked a bounceback for a Sept 2013 stay at POR. I am so excited!! I have been browsing this thread today and I just wanted to say a quick thank you to all--it has been so helpful! We stayed at POR back in 2003 and enjoyed our stay. We were a family of 5 back then and we are now a family of 7, so 2 connecting rooms for us! I can't wait to be back.

14. andrewilley

That would be the only way to guarantee it, yes. But if you book another category you could then request an Alligator Bayou room as close as possible to the main building and at that time of year you would more than likely get what you want - but do remember that requests are never guaranteed.

Easily, it's a lounge/bar not a restaurant, just turn up. You can get a few snacks there, or bring items over from the nearby food court. It would be polite to order some drinks from the servers of course, but even that is not essential.

Andre

15. mommycal

mommycal Mouseketeer

Wonderful, thanks for the quick reply Andre! Will try and be sure to see Bob at least once during our stay next week. Eeek, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

16. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

Thank you~! Since there are not many preferred rooms I am assuming they will not be discounted should a general public discount come out so I'm trying to figure out all my options and scenarios so I am ready if and when that discount becomes available!

17. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

What have the previous spring discounts been for POR? I see on portorleans.org that last year was 20% off but does anyone remember if that was off of all room categories or just certain ones?

18. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

We loved him. People seemed to have a great time. We happened upon him one evening. They make killer Bloody Mary's in the lounge, btw! Their pub grub is pretty good, too. I think we had some mozzarella stix and potato skins.

19. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

What have the previous spring discounts been for POR? I see on portorleans.org that last year was 20% off but does anyone remember if that was off of all room categories or just certain ones?

20. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Mmmmmmm I love the Mozz Sticks!

21. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Of course, I'm arriving on a Tuesday - I had hoped to see Bob, but he's not on! :sad1:

Anything else going on in the evenings at POR or POFQ? Since it's January, the parks all close at 8 PM or earlier. I'd love to have some entertainment to keep me occupied & out of trouble! :lmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.