Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm coming in march...and I think my TA messed up --either that or I am getting an AMAZING deal. Thoughts?

Air from CA
5 day base tickets
4 nights at POR
Magic your way plus dining plan

For one adult and 2 kiddos (but paying adult rate for meals and tickets)

$1428.00

Does that seem possible? I've already paid and been told it's paid in full but airfair alone can run that much...

thoughts?

My guess no park hopper option? That could be setting the price off. Also in the past AAA never took care of the airline we had to book that ourselves and just give our TA the info so she could arrange ME Transport.

So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Heard back from POR and our reqest was met. Wasn't told what room but suppose to be in bldg 14, corner, w/riverview. :banana:

HUGE thanks to Venomhatch for all the help & pixie dust!!!

Eeek, only 11 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Your welcome. Have a magical time!

I don't see how you could possibly be paying that little for what you're getting. 3 adult 5 day base tickets cost $856, which leaves less than $600 for the airfare, hotel and dining plan.

ETA: I just checked the Disney website and using the criteria you have listed and checking under the Play Stay and Dine promotion that's available through early March, I came up with a total of $1936 and that doesn't include airfare. (By comparison, I also checked without the Play Stay and Dine promo, and it came up to $2455 - again, without airfare.) I would ask your TA for something in writing that shows the breakdown of what you're getting.

I agree I believe perhaps airline and Park hopper are not actually on this, but I could be wrong.

mommycal said:
So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Heard back from POR and our reqest was met. Wasn't told what room but suppose to be in bldg 14, corner, w/riverview. :banana:

HUGE thanks to Venomhatch for all the help & pixie dust!!!

Eeek, only 11 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Very cool!! Saw this after I responded to the other post.

I'm coming in march...and I think my TA messed up --either that or I am getting an AMAZING deal. Thoughts?

Air from CA
5 day base tickets
4 nights at POR

$1428.00

Does that seem possible? I've already paid and been told it's paid in full but airfair alone can run that much...

thoughts?

I would say this does not include airfare. Unless I am missing something you would have to pay for your airfare when you bokk the flight and you would know that portion of the cost.

We are here now, checked in yesterday. We are loving POR so far. Our room is in the magnolia mansion. Everything is clean and new. We requested to be close to the food court and were able to pick from 5 room locations on the map when we checked in. I didn't bother faxing a request figured I'd leave it up to fate. Very happy with our choice. The Cms are so nice. I had to call mousekeeping after midnight last night for fresh bedding since my son wet the bed. They were there in less than 10 min. Today we came back from AK to find a card from Mickey.

I can't comment on buses since we rented a car. We did take our boys to the playground last night and it was well lit for kids to play after dark which was a great way for them to let off steam before bed.

Air from CA
5 day base tickets
4 nights at POR

$1428.00

thoughts?

That sounds way low to me, but I'm no expert. Have you gotten a confirmation in writing?

No, that's not really why it works at all (although I'm sure the tips here help). It's mostly because the room assignment manager at POR is very conscious that these seemingly little things can really make a guest's visit so much more magical, and he tries to help out wherever possible. In fact he told me he enjoys reading guest faxes and adding that bit of extra magic to people's stays.

I know he and his team actually go to a lot of effort - even without people sending in faxes - and they run daily reports on the computer to try to catch linked bookings, check for recurring surnames, look for requests, and even pick up sequential bookings (such as one night before and then a block during free dining, for example) to try to keep guests in the same room, etc.

But I agree that not all resorts are always quite so good at this.

Andre

We've had the best luck at POR for getting our requests met. We have always tried to keep it simple with one or two requests. At other Disney resorts, it seemed like we were sometimes given the opposite of our requests. I don't expect to always get what I want, but does make us feel like they care about us when I know they've made an effort.

Very cool!! Saw this after I responded to the other post.

Still wondering where you all find the email address to follow up on room assignments? I should send mine in soon. VenomHatch, can you help me out? I do have the fax number...
Yesterday I got an invite for the Fast Pass Plus experimental program. It sounds fun :banana: Is that something you are familiar with or should I go to a different board to learn more about that?

Yesterday I got an invite for the Fast Pass Plus experimental program. It sounds fun :banana: Is that something you are familiar with or should I go to a different board to learn more about that?

Cool:thumbsup2 Since the Fast Pass Plus is in the trial phase, nobody really knows much about it. You'll be able to find out soon though. :) There are some threads over on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategy board about it.

Cool:thumbsup2 Since the Fast Pass Plus is in the trial phase, nobody really knows much about it. You'll be able to find out soon though. :) There are some threads over on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategy board about it.

we did it for MK when we were there in Sept :)

Still wondering where you all find the email address to follow up on room assignments? I should send mine in soon. VenomHatch, can you help me out? I do have the fax number...

hi there, can you please tell us more. How did you get an invite to the fast pass + program? I'd love to get an invite since we're suppose to be there that week. did you get an email or snail mail?

hi there, can you please tell us more. How did you get an invite to the fast pass + program? I'd love to get an invite since we're suppose to be there that week. did you get an email or snail mail?

I got an email yesterday. They said folks who are using the Magical Express to their resort that week are chosen at random. If you get one, answer immediately! I delayed a few hours and by the time I got on, some of the features on my days were already taken...mostly preferred seating at fireworks. But I did get preferred seating at the parade! :dance3:

Some others have had luck going tohttps://fastpassplus.disney.go.com/Login.aspx?mode=link and entering their reservation info. It's worth a shot.
We got the email yesterday and were able to use it for MK and HS. We were able to choose "Preferred Viewing Locations" for Wishes and the Main Street Electrical Parade. I don't know how that's going to work, but I am pretty excited about it.

I've been trying to fax POR but it fails - says phones are down or problem with phone lines. Anyone else having this problem?

Some others have had luck going tohttps://fastpassplus.disney.go.com/Login.aspx?mode=link and entering their reservation info. It's worth a shot.
We got the email yesterday and were able to use it for MK and HS. We were able to choose "Preferred Viewing Locations" for Wishes and the Main Street Electrical Parade. I don't know how that's going to work, but I am pretty excited about it.

How far before your trip did you get the offer to do this?

Only two more months until we check in. I'm so excited can hardly wait! :banana:

Thank goodness Christmas is in the middle - a little something to keep me occupied and make the time pass. Although I am off the whole Christmas break - lots of time for the Dis ..... :rotfl:

I FAXed my requests (Oak Manor & 3rd floor) on Tuesday and just got an email saying that ALL my requests were granted! WOOT!!!!! So excited! We leave a week from tomorrow! Holy smokes it's getting so close! Thank you to Venom for all the help! You are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter