Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to our first stay at POR end of January! :cheer2: Will be stalking this thread in the meantime. LOL

We will be in AB rooms (there are 5 of us) Garden View. We didn't book preferred. Any suggestions on room requests for easiest access to pool, Restaurant and bus stop?

My only concern is the busses - I must stop reading the negative comments! LOL But I just want to be prepared as well.

I'm sure I'll be back with a kazillion more questions within the next few months. :rotfl:

We have stayed here 3 times and really only had problems with the buses to downtown disney, one wait was over 45 min! We definitely would have been better off taking a boat.

Did you call to verify they received it?

OK...wait. Should we call and make sure they got the request? I shouldn't trust my fax confirmation that gets printed at work? I didn't know about this step in the process. I figured once I faxed in my request, I would let them be....don't want to disturb and all that.

OK...wait. Should we call and make sure they got the request? I shouldn't trust my fax confirmation that gets printed at work? I didn't know about this step in the process. I figured once I faxed in my request, I would let them be....don't want to disturb and all that.

Yeah you should check with them also. But not the immediate number that is available. PM time.

Just switched our Jan 31-Feb 8th stay from a AoA Little Mermaid room to a POR Royal Rooms.

I haven't stayed at POR since it was Dixie Landings and the Royal Room has me totally over my disappointment in not staying at AoA (no discount and I refuse to pay rack rate, especially for a value).

I only reserved a standard view but I'm thinking of calling today to upgrade. My biggest priority is a corner room and a location close to the South Depot in order to avoid full buses as much as possible.

What do you guys think?

OK...wait. Should we call and make sure they got the request? I shouldn't trust my fax confirmation that gets printed at work?

I would trust your delivery confirmation report to be honest, that's what it's for. Otherwise you're sending a fax to re-confirm what's already in the online booking, and then you call them to reconfirm the fax... what's next, an email to confirm the phone call which confirmed the fax that confirmed the original request? :) Life's too short, and it's only a hotel room preference at the end of the day.

Andre

Did I read somewhere correctly that the river view rooms in Oak and Parterre were some of the farthest away from the main building???

Did I read somewhere correctly that the river view rooms in Oak and Parterre were some of the farthest away from the main building???

Well I can't say whether you read that or not, but if you did it was wrong. The River View Royal Rooms are on the closest side to the main building.

Andre

River view would be closer as the Oak bridge crosses over to the main building. Rooms in Parterre that face the end of the river and bridge near POFQ would be farther.

Good thing I called to check on my fax the other day as Venom suggested. I received an email confirmation (from the online fax service) that my fax went through but when I called POR a couple hours later they hadn't gotten it. I re-sent the fax and called again, a very nice woman checked for me and it was there. :thumbsup2

I received an email confirmation (from the online fax service) that my fax went through but when I called POR a couple hours later they hadn't gotten it.

I stand corrected then, that shouldn't happen though, fax confirmations are meant to be proof of delivery. Mind you, it doesn't say what happens to them once they hit the resort fax system though.

Andre

Getting SO excited! 44 days (I think).

I am mostly a lurker on here, I have checked out the POR site, just have a question. This Yehaa Bob show...I assume its a family show, being Disney and all, but do kids really enjoy it? Does he play to all ages? My DD loves live music and shows. Is it easy to come and go if she gets tired, or is it obvious you are leaving before the show is over?

TIA!

ItsNotMuchofaTail said:
Getting SO excited! 44 days (I think).

I am mostly a lurker on here, I have checked out the POR site, just have a question. This Yehaa Bob show...I assume its a family show, being Disney and all, but do kids really enjoy it? Does he play to all ages? My DD loves live music and shows. Is it easy to come and go if she gets tired, or is it obvious you are leaving before the show is over?

TIA!

My daughter loved tis show as a kid. She is now 22. We will be there in January We can't wait to see him again

I stand corrected then, that shouldn't happen though, fax confirmations are meant to be proof of delivery. Mind you, it doesn't say what happens to them once they hit the resort fax system though.

Andre

I didn't want to be a pest, so during the first phone call I asked if it would be ok for me to call back after I re-sent the fax. The woman I spoke with was so gracious and sweet and assured me that it was ok.

Good thing I called to check on my fax the other day as Venom suggested. I received an email confirmation (from the online fax service) that my fax went through but when I called POR a couple hours later they hadn't gotten it. I re-sent the fax and called again, a very nice woman checked for me and it was there. :thumbsup2

Thanks for that, Andre is right about the it is just a room, but to some it could be a medical reason or something more important to complete your stay so I will continue to help people as much as I possibly can. Summerlady if you need anything else just ask.

The fax confirmation is just one fax machine saying, "Hey I got it" but if no one picks it up and reads it or it gets lost on its way to the right person. Then you need to repeat the whole process.

I just booked a suprise trip to Disney for my family for next December!:cool1: I know it it a long way off but I am so excited! We will be back at POR again! I cannot wait. I really cannot wait to tell them that we are leaving after Thanksgiving dinner next year to start our drive! This will be our third stay at POR and I am just as excited as the first time we stayed there. :goodvibes:santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter