Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't put a suitcase on a bed, even a hotel bed. Those things get rolled around the airport, into bathroom stalls, on the ground outside, etc. So I can't put it on a bed knowing that it might transfer that stuff (just like I don't put shoes on a bed or even in a suitcase without a plastic bag).

So now I'm worried, if other people do put suitcases on the beds, I wonder how often Disney washes the covers (the top comforter)? Does anyone know? Do they wash/replace the top bed cover before a new guest arrives? Or is this something I need to ask for to get done?

The hotels I stay at when I travel now have a bedsheet type duvet cover and they wash them between guests but how do hotels handle this when they have the thicker bedspreads? Or rather, what about POR??

Thanks!

NO hotels wash comforters very often! The first thing I do when I get in my room is pull that sucker off the bed! or fold it down. (then wash my hands). I also dont walk barefoot on the carpet. :blush:
and don't get me started on how i bring clorox wipes to wipe everything down before i'll touch it (i.e. remote control, phone, alarm clock, toilet seat, knobs, etc.) haha Yup. Certified Germaphobe here!

I am not a germaphobe but I always remove the top cover before crawling into bed, we never sleep with it. For all the same reasons, people put all kinds of stuff on the beds and it never gets washed, plus they are terribly uncomfortable and itchy.

I do exactly the same ... :rotfl2: maybe the nurse in me, but when I saw 20/20 or maybe it was another show they showed all the nasty stuff under flourescent lights :eek:

And after I read on this thread that someone actually was putting their dirty clothes in the drawers:eek: I wipe down the drawers with Clorox wipes too

Thank you all for making me think I'm not crazy :rotfl: After I read a thread on here about someone changing their kids' diapers on the comforters...ICK!!!! My family is always itching to run to the parks, and I'm like, "Wait, I have to wipe down the drawers and remote first!" :rotfl:

In less than 24 hours we will be at the airport. It will be about 8 degrees here and the forecast for next week in Florida looks glorious. :cool1:

I sent a room request fax last week, but didn't hear back. Since I also had my requests attached to my original reservation, I'm not going to bother following up on the fax. For some reason it feels like I'd be nagging and I don't want to do that. We'll be happy to be there no matter where our room is.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone on the thread for the great info!

I felt the same way when I faxed and didn't get a reply, but if it makes you feel any better, when we checked in Tuesday our first two request were met - Mansion and top floor. :) We had paid for a garden view and wanted to try the mansion for a change, we were thrilled when we found out we had got them!! Hope you have the same luck with yours :)

Thanks to Venom and Andre for all their info on here!

Two questions:

1. I saw a picture somewhere in my immense internet travels of Princess Tiana at POR. Was that a promo/staged pic or is there any reality of her actually being there at some point?

2. Does each building/elevator have a luggage cart that we can use from the parking lot to our room? We are driving so no need for them to check or handle our bags, just want to be prepared with how many trips to the car and how heavy to pack those bags.

Two questions:

1. I saw a picture somewhere in my immense internet travels of Princess Tiana at POR. Was that a promo/staged pic or is there any reality of her actually being there at some point?

2. Does each building/elevator have a luggage cart that we can use from the parking lot to our room? We are driving so no need for them to check or handle our bags, just want to be prepared with how many trips to the car and how heavy to pack those bags.

Luggage carts are usually kept by Bell Services and are not usually available for guest use.

How is it that this place gets more & more beautiful every day you are here?? I seriously do NOT want to leave!!

Mousekeeping is AMAZING!!! The kids have been just thrilled with the towel animals & funny set up of their own stuffed animals. So adorable.

Luggage carts are usually kept by Bell Services and are not usually available for guest use.

But you can call down to Bell Services and they will send someone to pick your bags up from where you ask. They usually can come all the way to the room to pick them up.

How is it that this place gets more & more beautiful every day you are here?? I seriously do NOT want to leave!!

Mousekeeping is AMAZING!!! The kids have been just thrilled with the towel animals & funny set up of their own stuffed animals. So adorable.

Yeah mousekeeping can be very creative. Here is a pic from the Poly with our lil ones stuffed animals.

DSC_1092x800.jpg

DSC_16391x800.jpg

DSC_1640x800.jpg

DSC_0407x800.jpg

Thank You Venomhatch!!!!! Faxed the room request today and within 15 min had a response and they were able to do our Request. We can't wait to stay at POR for the first time.

I do have one more question. Now that I got the response can I do online check in or do I need to do the regular check-in?:confused3

Thank You Venomhatch!!!!! Faxed the room request today and within 15 min had a response and they were able to do our Request. We can't wait to stay at POR for the first time.

I do have one more question. Now that I got the response can I do online check in or do I need to do the regular check-in?:confused3

You can do the check in if you want. But don't set the room preferences now at the bottom since you put in and heard back about your request.

You can do the check in if you want. But don't set the room preferences now at the bottom since you put in and heard back about your request.

Ok I think I will just skip online check in I don't want to mess it up plus we are going to be there very early in the morning so the lines usually isn't long for regular check in so we will just do that. Thanks again for all your help! I post a quick review of POR when we get back.

thinking of adding a night before our poly stay and thinking of POR royal room. checked out the spring discount and was told on another thread that the discount wasnt that great. for royal room pool view it was 194. is that good or have people been paying less?

Venomhatch said:
Yeah mousekeeping can be very creative. Here is a pic from the Poly with our lil ones stuffed animals.

Very sweet :).
There really is no other place on earth like this. I may just have to book the bounceback :). And not tell DH or the kids.

Ok I think I will just skip online check in I don't want to mess it up plus we are going to be there very early in the morning so the lines usually isn't long for regular check in so we will just do that. Thanks again for all your help! I post a quick review of POR when we get back.

Well there you go. I hope you have a magical time!

I said the same thing to my wife. You see more and learn more day after day. It was our first stay there a week ago and she said leaving is what makes you respect it more and want to come back. Especially when we have to come back to our climates. Yuk. So we booked as soon as we figured out the BB. Yaaaa. Hope your visit last forever. In your memories anyway!

Thank you Venomhatch!!! :flower3:

I had faxed my room requests and heard back from very nice David Elg almost immediately with the wonderful news he upgraded us to a river view corner Royal Room from a standard Royal Room arrived today and was so happy that all of our requests were filled! pixiedust:

We arrived today and WOW!! We, especially our DDs, LOVE the Royal Room princess: and the location and view are amazing!!! POR is just as lovely as we remembered. :lovestruc

Also, thanks to Andrew for this incredible thread and his website!!:worship:

I had faxed my room requests and heard back from very nice David Elg almost immediately with the wonderful news he upgraded us to a river view corner Royal Room from a standard Royal Room arrived today and was so happy that all of our requests were filled! pixiedust:

We arrived today and WOW!! We, especially our DDs, LOVE the Royal Room princess: and the location and view are amazing!!! POR is just as lovely as we remembered. :lovestruc

We love to be of help as I know I only hope everyone's experience is as magical as it can be!

Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time!!! We check in 3 weeks from tomorrow:cool1:

It really is a beautiful place! We were last at POR in August of 2010. On our 2nd last day my 6 year old really wasn't feeling well. We spent the day in the room and took him to the quiet pool thinking that would perk him up a bit. It didn't. He was sitting on the deck with his feet in the water and slumped over. I don't ever remember that kind of panic before. Sadly my strongest memory of POR is running through the lobby with my husband carrying him and going out to meet the van to take us to Centracare. He was moved by ambulance to the hospital from there, and then to the Childrens hospital after the night in Emerg. There was an infection in his appendix.
I do remember going back to pack up when we had to leave and going to buy him a stuffed Bolt from the gift shop. The lady working there asked us how our stay was and I hadn't slept and was so worried and I started to cry. She went in the back and picked him out some pins and gave me a hug and told me to tell him that Disney would be there when he was well again. What a sweet woman.

Sounds like a sad story but in the end he was ok.. and we made it home. Now we get to go back to POR and make better memories.:goodvibes
I am really looking forward to it and surprising the kids with a Royal Room.:cloud9:

is this for all guests? i thought only cl faxed their requests in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter