Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

14, 15, 18, 27 are the preferred buildings. There's a map in the first post of this thread showing the preferred buildings in blue.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS

LOVEMY3KIDDOS DIS Veteran

23 more days until we are checking in for 10 nights!!! Sooooo excited! We are in a preferred room and I requested bldg 14...fingers crossed! Last time we stayed here we were in a standard room and in the farthest building from the main building. We never really even used our mugs since it was so far. This time we are hoping to get as close as possible! I will probably do on-line check-in in 13 days. Any suggestions to get us as close as possible? And, if you are in bldg 14, are you really close to the main pool also? We never used the pool last time.

4. KonaKaiTom

KonaKaiTom DIS Veteran

My nieces and I stayed in AB 14 and it was less than a minute walk to the Mill, or Fulton's -- it was worth the extra money. The part that was nicest, they laid the grounds and paths out so well that you didn't realize how close you were, nor was there any noisy traffic going by to disturb you in your room.

Tom

5. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Yeah I have a video on youtube of our walk from 14 to the Food Court. Maybe a minute long even from the second floor.

6. mtfarlin

mtfarlin Mouseketeer

Thanks for the information everyone!!! You have been a big help...:):)

7. book_junkie

book_junkie DIS Veteran

Heya-
    It's been a really rough two weeks. For reasons that are really too long and painful to go into, instead of our 3rd annual mother/daughter trip, my husband and I are going to Disney instead, and going to be using it as some down/relaxation time. What was a Royal Room is now a Preferred Room, which I get is going to be in AB. We need the Preferred Room as he needs to be closer to the food court/main areas due to his Crohn's- he gets tired very easily. :hug:

My question is, can we fax in a request for a king bed, and are there any in the preferred buildings? We don't need the two queen beds as there is just the two of us, so we'd rather leave them for people who need them, but who knows what the computer does in it's head. I was going to fax in our request, and it's on the reservation, but I wanted to make sure it was reasonable.

Thanks...
    :)

8. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

I received my Mickey Mail today and it is even correct - Port Orleans Riverside - see you in 30 days.

:banana: :banana:

9. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Congrats!!!:thumbsup2

10. Maddie's Nana

Maddie's Nana DIS Veteran

Congrats! Don't you just love Mickey Mail!!! :)

11. laura_<3

laura_<3 DIS Veteran

We've just got back from POR and are having serious Disney blues :( :( We had such a great time and enjoyed POR, it is such a beautiful resort however had a couple issues with the buses not turning up and having to wait 30-40 minutes for a bus (this was only twice and was the AK bus both times).

If we did go back to POR we would hire a car :goodvibes

Despite the little hiccup with the buses we loved the resort. We were in room 8220, on the corner in Acadian House and loved it! It was quiet, even though it was overlooking the car park, and not too far from the pool, which was empty a lot of the time.

The food court was never busy, no waits to get food or be served or find a seat :)

12. Mrs. Buzz Lightyear

Mrs. Buzz Lightyear Mouseketeer

Just got back for POR and we had an amazing time!! Our mousekeeper was wonderful kept us stocked with extra towels, little towel animals every day for our little ones and what a beautiful resort. Had a RR in Oak Manor river view and it was well worth it!!! We even booked a bounce back for next year in a preferred room. Now to begin my trip planning all over again can’t wait!!!!

13. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

Glad you both had a great trip!

14. kenvan

kenvan Earning My Ears

Are the murphy beds located throughout the Alligator Bayou or are they only in certain buildings?

15. Belle83

Belle83 DIS Veteran

At POR, king bed rooms are an upgraded booking category (not just a request) and are $25 extra a night. There are only 85 king bed rooms in the entire resort. When you say it's on your reservation, do you mean that you booked one?

16. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

All AB rooms have Murphy beds.

17. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I took it to mean she booked a preferred room category with a king bed requested (same way you'd request being closer to the main lobby). If that is the case, the chances are unlikely, as they do have a king bed booking category.

18. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

We just got back from 8 wonderful nights at POR!!!

On the path from the pool to our building we noticed they had some markings and by the end of the week we noticed this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I asked a CM that was there on our last day and he said they will be attaching a hammock but they need to give the poles a week to settle in the cement before they can attach it.

Something nice to look forward to when staying here again!

19. DBLGRR

DBLGRR Mouseketeer

You arrive the week before we do. Hope you have a great time!

20. book_junkie

book_junkie DIS Veteran

Exactly, we've booked and paid for a Preferred Location (same $25 upcharge from the standard), but under room requests it says King bed. If we had paid for the King bed option, we could be anywhere, and that doesn't quite work at the moment.

:)

21. JStiffler

JStiffler Mouseketeer

Ooo! I hope they are up when we get there in 14 sleeps!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.