Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

gosh, you are seriously so kind and helpful!!! :thumbsup2 i don't have any questions right now tho lol just wanted to say so!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. wdwagain518

wdwagain518 Mouseketeer

Andre, this looks exactly as I remember it from our Sept trip...can't wait to see it again next week!

Thanks for the great job you do here and on your site as well!

4. OttawaON

OttawaON Earning My Ears

Melissarose,

We will be checking in at the same time then! I have not sent in my fax request because I was concerned it would be too early.

Hope the weather holds for our trip.

5. Sugar Jones

Sugar Jones DIS Veteran

Woohoo I just booked this morning! Three preferred rooms, I requested adjoining so hopefully we will all be close together.

What building are considered preferred? Our room will be in AB for sure because there is 5 of us, so the other two room have 2 & 4 people, so hopefully they will get preferred AB right next to us.

I'm so happy we are going back to POR. We had considered two cabins, but I was not loving the idea. After our group planning meeting everyone decided on POR :cool1:

6. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

We will be checking in the day after both of you! Sending my fax tomorrow morning (I figured 10 days out was a good amount of time).

See ya around the pool! ;)

7. rsleleux

rsleleux DIS Veteran

That is awesome! We are excited about our upcoming trip and have similar request! I'm glad to know it isn't overly packed with 6 people that is my biggest worry we are 4 adults, 6 year old and a baby!

8. SYLVESTER7577

SYLVESTER7577 RADIATOR MAN

We faxed ours twice because when I did not get a response I called and they said they did not received it (one week out). So I refaxed (four days out) and did not get a response so I took my chances. They must have receiived one because they had already given us an upgrade to a RR in Oak Mansion. 68 and sunny all day today 74 for the next few days.

9. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

ohhh i'd love an upgrade to a royal room!! that would be amazing. i wanted to book one but i just didn't have the extra money!

10. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

that is great!! oh geez, i hope it's not too early, i mean i won't die if i don't get my requests or anything but it would be an added bonus!!

11. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

see you there! i thought 10 or 11 days was good too. hope so. now i want an upgrade to a RR though LOL

12. 4leobeans

4leobeans Earning My Ears

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus
    Speaking of faxes - just working on ours
    Can someone save me some time & tell me which page on this thread Venomhatch posted the sample fax on?

This is great :thumbsup2 I will use this, but what is the fax number we send it to? Is it the number on the first post?

13. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

FYI, there is a link to this in Venomhatch's signature. :thumbsup2 Here you go.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47187742&postcount=2602

14. BillyFan

BillyFan <font color=deeppink>My white-trashiest chefy mome

We checked in this evening and were also upgraded to a Royal Guest Room! Such a neat surprise!

Thank you Venomhatch, for all of your advise on the fax! It really worked ❤

15. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

oh my gosh!! ahh, now i will be bummed if i don't get upgraded lol i wonder if this happens often!?

16. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Yes, on a tray on top of the fridge in fact.

14, 15, 18 and 27. See FAQ in first post, resort map in first post, and come to that dozens of postings in this thread for more info.

:)

In all seriousness though, that is one downside of resort staff going way above and beyond the normal level of guest service - people start to expect it rather than just being happy when they get a bit of extra pixie dust. Some WDW resorts apparently just throw room-request faxes away (we've been told) yet because of the sterling work from the room assignment folks at Port Orleans we're now starting to see people worrying when they haven't been emailed back to confirm all of their requests within a few hours.

Andre

17. missbeckd

missbeckd Earning My Ears

We arrive at POR FEb. 5th - 12th. :cool1: There's four of us including one rather temperamental 22 month old. Right now we have a rental car reserved for under $200.00 but are struggling with if we should keep it our just use Disney transportation. Extra Disney money is extra Disney money. Can anyone please give me feedback on the bus system? Would love & appreciate opinions.

18. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

For less than $200, I think I'd keep the rental car - especially if you want to do anything off-site or visit other Disney resorts. The Disney buses will get you to where you want to go, it just might takle a bit longer.

Andre

19. dawgsgirl

dawgsgirl DIS Veteran

That's a shame. What did they say at the check-in desk when you asked if they could get the room assignment team to find you a room in the mansions instead? I'd be amazed if they were at 100% capacity the last week in January, and it's obviously a big deal for you if it's spoiling your whole vacation and you wouldn't return there.

Andre[/QUOTE]

Riverside was at 100% capacity when we checked in. Holiday weekend and the Mansions were full of dancing teams or some such groups. They said we could move the next day, but that takes up a lot of park time and is a lot of trouble. I have always been hesitant to stay at POR for this very reason....taking a chance on getting put in the AB section. We are having a great trip and it is not spoiled at all. It has become a running joke since we stay lost most of the time!! We are just not fans of the swamp!!

20. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Thank you for jumping on that. I was a tad bit busy starting my day this morning.

Congrats to you! Hope you have fun in all that Pixie Dust!

I just PMed you and let me know how that works out for you!

21. kandim

kandim Earning My Ears

We check in next Wed 1/30 & I am sending my fax requesting a room close to the main buildings today - we are so excited to be returning to WDW & to be staying in such a beautiful resort! We've stayed in values many times but this is our first time at POR!! :yay: I want to echo many OPs thanks to both Andre & Venomhatch, this board is fabulous & helped me tons!! I know it takes a lot of their time and effort to do all that they do. So thanks from me, too, you guys are the greatest!! 6 days to WDW & counting!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.