Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked a Royal Guest Room for Oct 27th-Nov 2nd! :cool1:
Hubby and I are joining my sister, bro-in-law and neice for her first trip! princess: She will be almost 3 when we go! Bro-in-law and I will be celebrating our bdays as well! Looking forward to the trip!
Thanks for this handy, informative thread!:thumbsup2

It's -45 with the windchill up here in Canada today. :eek:

Can't wait to be at POR hanging out by the pool!

(Yes - that will be us Canadians in the pool! Orlando weather will be heaven to us.)

About eight inches of snow outside my window at the moment too, so make room for a Brit to join you by the POR pool in about three weeks, basking in glorious 60 degree weather. :)

Andre

About eight inches of snow outside my window at the moment too, so make room for a Brit to join you by the POR pool in about three weeks, basking in glorious 60 degree weather. :)

Andre

Not sure if we'll be able to go in the pool, but I'm very much looking forward to flip-flops! :) We went in the pool in mid-70s last trip, and even in the rain, but I think 60 degrees would be a wee bit too cold for us!

Now, the hot tub, on the other hand... :yay:

Microwave wuestions:

Is there one for use in the food court?

Yes there's a microwave (and toasters) in the food court for guest use.

POR-Food-2008-7480_forum.jpg

I don't see why you can't bring your own too. I've heard of occasions where people have had them brought to rooms, so it can't be against fire code.

Fridge question too,...how big? We are looking at doing breakfast n room..gllon of milk, OJ, other fruits.

Also, coffe maker in all rooms? Has anybody done the coffee...good/bad?? Thanks

Yes to coffee maker and fridge in all rooms (see the FAQ in the first post). The fridge is about this big:

POR-Room-AB1441-2008-7492_forum.jpg

(sorry, chocolate is not supplied free)

Andre

Not sure if we'll be able to go in the pool, but I'm very much looking forward to flip-flops! :) We went in the pool in mid-70s last trip, and even in the rain, but I think 60 degrees would be a wee bit too cold for us!

The pool is fine (should be heated to about 82 degrees) just as long as you stay in there. The problem is when you get OUT. ;)

Andre

a couple of quick ?'s

What type of coffee maker is in the room?
Is it standard or does it require one of those little cup thingies (sorry if that's too technical :LOL:)

When will the movie schedule for Feb be out?
We arrive on the evening of Feb 1 and it would be great if I knew what was playing so I could just send my son and wife over as I get us settled.

Thanks!

Question on driving around WDW.

I have always used the Disney Transportation system for going around to all the parks. This time I will have my car and I am thinking of going to some parks in my own car.. probably AK and DHS. Since I don't want to hit the TTS for Epcot or MK, the Disney Buses will be the way to go for that.

Is it easy to navigate through the area to get to the parks? The buses make it look complicated (In fact, one driver got lost going from Epcot to my hotel.. we ended up at DHS and it took over an hour to get from Epcot to my hotel that night.)

Should I bother to use my car or would relying on Disney buses be the way to go?

I have always used the Disney Transportation system for going around to all the parks. This time I will have my car and I am thinking of going to some parks in my own car.. probably AK and DHS. Since I don't want to hit the TTS for Epcot or MK, the Disney Buses will be the way to go for that.

Is it easy to navigate through the area to get to the parks? The buses make it look complicated (In fact, one driver got lost going from Epcot to my hotel.. we ended up at DHS and it took over an hour to get from Epcot to my hotel that night.)

Should I bother to use my car or would relying on Disney buses be the way to go?

Just so you know, EPCOT has its own parking lot (like AK & DHS). Only MK uses the TTC for parking.

As for easy to navigate... I could get lost in my own backyard so I defer that question to someone else! :rotfl:

Just wanted to pop by and say Hi and sub to this thread.

We just got back from a 4 night stay at POR (Jan 10-14 for Marathon Weekend) We just picked a resort out of a hat for this trip but ended up LOVING it! We're planning on going back for the Marathon in January 2014 but we're going to stay for 8-9 days, and we're going to go in October 2014 for DD's 3rd birthday (another 8-9 day stay) I'm 95% sure we're going to stick with POR for our next two trips as well. Hard to stay somewhere else when we loved this resort!

a couple of quick ?'s

What type of coffee maker is in the room?
Is it standard or does it require one of those little cup thingies (sorry if that's too technical :LOL:)

Do you really mean the thingamagiggers or the watchamacallits insteasd of the thingies? :rotfl: Not sure.

35% off deluxe & villas, 30% off mod. Values are not included. It was in the middle of the booklet that they give you at check-in (the Be Our Guest guide). So even if you know everything, make sure you check the centerfold!

Dates were 1/2-10, 1/14-15, 1/21-2/12, 2/24-3/9, 4/14-5/21, 5/28-6/8, 8/4-10/5, 10/20-11/2, 11/17-11/23, 11/30-12/4, 12/15-12/19. (Note that Labor Day weekend is included.)

I will be at POR Feb 24 - Mar 2 with my sisters celebrating my birthday and was wondering if the bounce back offer is still available can I use it for and existing reservation I already have for October or can it only be used for a new reservation? princess:

we like the idea that we can drive around WDW, we do drive down from Iowa. We always say we are going to drive to the parks, but find that the only time we have is when we are pressed for an ADR and not planned ahead and the buses would make us late. As for the easability of getting around, watch the signs-If I can figure it out, it cant be that bad. we do however go mostly over xmas and the buses are a bit more often than the posted 20 min between. either way, you can go with the idea of driving around, you can always change your mind, we always do!

I sit here and read,...patiently waiting for June and the new prices so we will be able to finally book our vacation. I know we are booking PO, just now need to decied between French or Riverside, we will have 2 rooms(2 adults and 3 kids-ages 11,14,16) Very excited and cant wait to return.

andrewilley said:
Yes there's a microwave (and toasters) in the food court for guest use.

I don't see why you can't bring your own too. I've heard of occasions where people have had them brought to rooms, so it can't be against fire code.

Yes to coffee maker and fridge in all rooms (see the FAQ in the first post). The fridge is about this big:

(sorry, chocolate is not supplied free)

Andre

(Drool) i see the flake bars which are yummy but do i also see club bars in that fridge????

Yep - freezing. Absolutely cannot wait to get away from this. And yes, those ghostly pale people in the pool when it is 65 degrees @ POR will be us LOL

Lol! We're an hour south of Buffalo and we'll be in the POR pool in 2 weeks! It looks like we're in a snow shaker right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter