Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Wonderful!!!!
    And you leave so soon! You know it's funny. I booked with a pin code last week (free dining) and when I called they were able to give me a category that wasn't showing on the website for that promotion too. I've never had that happen before. I was actually checking while she was and she pulled it up and I couldn't. I wonder if it's all this Candian website nonsense preventing us from seeing some things. Oh well. I won't question it too much.
    Enjoy your stay and we want to hear all about it when you return.
    33 days until we are in a Royal Room ourselves!!!:cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. momof2gr8kids

momof2gr8kids DIS Veteran

I think we will request that building too. Need to be close to laundry and the quiet pool would be a bonus. LOL

4. sunnydays28

sunnydays28 Mouseketeer

Just curious, is there any building/walkway at POR that the Epcot fireworks can be seen from?

5. PixieDust1928

PixieDust1928 Earning My Ears

Yea!

6. lucifie

lucifie DIS Veteran

I think I saw that you can see some of them from certain rooms on the 2nd floor of certain buildings. When we were arriving tonight we could see the sky lighting up, but couldn't see any actual fireworks

7. ChristineOH

ChristineOH Mouseketeer

Have you looked at the building maps at portorleans.org? The maps are very detailed, one showing building location and one showing exactly which category each room in each building is. We have 5, so I booked riverview and know I will get AB. You could request AB if you really wanted the Murphy bed. I have only seen photos, but those Royal rooms do look pretty awesome. For one night, I would lean that way.

8. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

So glad you've had a bit of pixie dust spread your way, I hope it helps a little with the difficult times.

Glad you've got a nice location, and that the six of you are finding the AB room works for you. It sometimes takes a bit of planning, but works fine once you've got it sorted out. Is the pull-down bed a hit?

You've got a treat in store once the sun comes up... mind you, POR is equally pretty at night - and it's lovely at dawn too. Let's face it, apart from being in the middle of a storm, there aren't any bad times at POR! :)

Andre

9. FigmentChick

FigmentChick DIS Veteran

There is a Super Wal-Mart right down the street on 535. I suggest going to Google, typing in "Port Orlean Riverside, Orlando, FL" and Google will find POR. Then choose "search nearby" and type Walmart. You'll get the location easy-peasy. :) This is the store we go to. And, let me tell you, I think in 2009 when we had my MIL with us, we were there every day!!!! :scared1: It is very convenient and takes about ten minutes to get there. The ride back may be a *little* delayed because you will get off the ramp and have a stop light, but nothing too bad. Have a safe trip.

Yay!!!! :cool1:

Wonderful!!!! :cool1:

10. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

You can see the sky glowing from the fireworks but not like you can see them launch up and then burst. You can see a little bit more from DTD when your at the docks by Rain Forest Cafe.

11. Wendilou

Wendilou Earning My Ears

Venom, Thank You so much!!!! We just checked and got Pixie-dusted!! Your help and Andre's information is going to make our first on-site stay much more Magical!!!!

12. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Glad to hear it! I hope you have a wonderful time!

13. momof2gr8kids

momof2gr8kids DIS Veteran

It's -45 with the windchill up here in Canada today. :eek:

Can't wait to be at POR hanging out by the pool!

(Yes - that will be us Canadians in the pool! Orlando weather will be heaven to us.)

14. KristiKat

KristiKat DIS Veteran

18 more days! :banana::banana::banana:

15. sunnydays28

sunnydays28 Mouseketeer

Microwave wuestions:

Is there one for use in the food court?

Can we request one (I know no guarantee)?

Or would they have a problem bringing our own (we are driving)?

16. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Umm yeah. It's HORRIBLE here today. Some kids at the bus stop this morning weren't wearing mittens or hats!!! Don't even get me started on their parents.. I'm bringing extra to the bus stop tomorrow and handing them out. I think we are only at -29 with the wind chill but still... that's frostbite weather.

My Magical Express info came today and cheered me up considerably! Only 32 more days!!

17. visitingapril09

visitingapril09 DIS Veteran

Quick question: Do all rooms have fridges??

18. 5mouseketeersforus

5mouseketeersforus Mouseketeer

Yep - freezing. Absolutely cannot wait to get away from this. And yes, those ghostly pale people in the pool when it is 65 degrees @ POR will be us LOL

19. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yup.

20. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Yes they do. This is the first time I've seen somebody say "quick question" and it actually was a quick question. :)

21. michi-gan

michi-gan Earning My Ears

Fridge question too,...how big? We are looking at doing breakfast n room..gllon of milk, OJ, other fruits.

Also, coffe maker in all rooms? Has anybody done the coffee...good/bad?? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.