Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it pronounced:

Sassa-GOOL-a

or

Sassa-GOAL-a

I think 'it' is pronouced 'yt'. :)

But yes, it's goul as in "ghoul".

Does anyone know how late the Campfire on de' Bayou runs in the winter? I see that it starts around 5:30pm but will we miss it if we don't get back to the resort until after 9pm or so?

I don't know exactly, but I would think that 9pm might be too late in winter. My guess is that it would run until sometime a little after the movie screening starts, but as I say I don't know for sure.

Andre

Any reviews lately from Boatwrights? I currently have a Dinner ADR there and not sure if we should keep it, or book something else? We will be in the MK that day and thought it would be convenient to eat Dinner after our break at POR.

andrewilley said:
Better to request what you want, i.e. "a room overlooking the marina and main building area if at all possible" and see what they can do for you.

Andre

Thanks again! Are there corner rooms in the mansions? Meaning, rooms with 2 windows?

momtwoboys said:
Any reviews lately from Boatwrights? I currently have a Dinner ADR there and not sure if we should keep it, or book something else? We will be in the MK that day and thought it would be convenient to eat Dinner after our break at POR.

I have an ADR here as well. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

hey we will be there at the same time!:rotfl: I am hoping that the food is good, but have time to change it if I need to:thumbsup2

Thanks again! Are there corner rooms in the mansions? Meaning, rooms with 2 windows?

Yes, big square mansions tend to have corners. :) There are several corner rooms in the immediate area you are looking for (see the floorplans on my website for details) but I wouldn't over-complicate your request too much, unless you are very specific that one request is just a "would also be nice if..." addon.

I hadn't eaten at Boatwright's for years, and we tried it again about three years ago and really liked it, and we tend to go back most visits now. OK it's not Victoria & Albert's or the California Grill, but we've really enjoyed our meals there.

Andre

ok one more question for this morning from me....sorry! Can anyone give me a approximate idea of what time we would be arriving at POR? We are flying in on Southwest on April 12th, and our flight is due to land at MCO at 10:45 am? We normally head straight to the DME no stopping:yay: Just trying to decide what we will do realistically with the afternoon. thanks everyone!

ok one more question for this morning from me....sorry! Can anyone give me a approximate idea of what time we would be arriving at POR? We are flying in on Southwest on April 12th, and our flight is due to land at MCO at 10:45 am? We normally head straight to the DME no stopping:yay: Just trying to decide what we will do realistically with the afternoon. thanks everyone!

Depending on the line for the DME buses, I would venture to say between noon and 12:30.

momtwoboys said:

When we were there last month (also Sothwest) we landed at about 10:15 and were stuck on the plane for about 20 minutes due to a backup at our gate. We made a stopped at the bathroom and a quick stop at a shop to pick up an extra SD card and made it to ME by 11 but not to the resort til after 12. Our resort was the last stop for the ME, our first stopped we had another backup I'm not sure the time frame because I fell asleep and didn't wake until we got to our resort.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

yikes :( we have been lucky with DME in the last few years trips, but have not stayed at POR since 97 and there was no DME back then....hoping we arrive not later than noon. But I know delays can happen.

thanks Chuckers!

Once the bus pulls out, give yourself about 45 minutes to get to your hotel.
*If* everything goes as planned, timing wise, I would think you'll be in a park by 2pm. (Including check in and transportation to park.)

Chuckers said:
Once the bus pulls out, give yourself about 45 minutes to get to your hotel.
*If* everything goes as planned, timing wise, I would think you'll be in a park by 2pm. (Including check in and transportation to park.)

Yes, this is what we thought.

However, our plane took off 2 hrs late and by the time we got to the hotel we had to switch rooms. So we barely made our 5:30 ADR and didn't make it to the park at all.

Just be flexible and remember its vacation!

Stacy

momtwoboys said:

We ate there about 2 weeks ago, and it was amazing!! It was actually my fave meal of the whole trip! I had the pork chop with cheese grits and onion rings (the pork chop was cooked perfectly, tender, great flavor!) and dgf had the prime rib( yummy, cooked perfectly, awesome horseradish sauce!), and I had an amazing chocolate cake and dgf had the butterscotch creme brûlée (weakest part of the meal). The options were great and the service was awesome. It was fantastic to be so close to the room when we were done. We would definitely go again! There are pics from our meal on the live report thread on the dining reviews board.

8 more sleeps!!

We haven't purchased our park tickets yet and have a room only rez. We were going to just order them via UT but I heard that if you have a room only rez, you can add tickets to your room at a discount?? Is that true?

I know I could call but with a hungry baby and 4 kids running around right now - it was faster to ask here :)

8 more sleeps!!

We haven't purchased our park tickets yet and have a room only rez. We were going to just order them via UT but I heard that if you have a room only rez, you can add tickets to your room at a discount?? Is that true?

I know I could call but with a hungry baby and 4 kids running around right now - it was faster to ask here :)

If you are referring to one of the promotions going on now where rooms and tickets were discounted when booking a package, I believe that was for stays starting after 2/18/13.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

This is the link to the special offers. I will add the disclaimer that I do not know how that affects our friends in Canada, but there are some regular posters who are Canadian that can hopefully chime in soon. :)

Has anybody tried "Be our Guest Restaurant" yet? I tried making ADR for May and they are booked already.....:sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!