Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkleinbe

mkleinbe DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 I've had to stop talking about it on facebook. I could tell most of my friends were tiring of my Mickey talk.:badpc:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kathy Z

Kathy Z Counting my Blessings

Ah yes, I know we had the 90 day booking window for May 2009. We booked a bounceback for December and thank goodness our 90 day window opened for that before the sudden change back to 180 days that caused such a panic!

4. Mom2six

Mom2six DIS Veteran

I know what you mean. I tell my DH that I get a year's worth of entertainment out of our vacation and he only gets 2 weeks. In my opinion, I get the better deal!

5. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Well, that explains why I was confused. We, honestly, don't do a lot of dining reservations so I was pretty out of the loop. Most of the things we book, like the dessert party, have shorter windows. Thanks for the info!!

Same here!!!! I'm glad I'm not alone! Yesterday he said, "Are you looking at that Port Orleans site again? (portorleans.org.) We're not going for 4 months!" :rotfl2: However, when we go he always says our trips are so great because of my obsessive planning! ;)

I like what Mom2six said!! We do get the better deal! :thumbsup2

6. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

Thanks for your response about the Murphy beds in AB king rooms, Andre :thumbsup2

3 WEEKS TILL OUR TRIP! If everything is on the right schedule, we'll be at POR at this time 3 weeks from today! :cool1::banana:

7. babydoll65

babydoll65 please stand clear of the doors, por favor manteng

Thanks so much for getting back to me. My mother only needs help with long distance walking. Everything else is fine. It's still a toss up between POR or POFQ and I think the POFQ may be the best fit

8. danicaca

danicaca Mouseketeer

I don't even say anything on FB about our trip. That's why I joined two FB Disney groups! :rotfl2: I share there because I know they will "get it!"

My husband said basically the same thing. I get to enjoy a year of planning and research, and the rest of the family get to enjoy the vacation!

Only 134 days until we are checking in to POR!

9. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

We've been here for three days, and I really, really love this resort. I think POR has converted me over from Pop. My checkbook does not like this. :)

10. GraceMonica

GraceMonica DIS Veteran

I'm at POR right now. Not staying here, just visiting! My mother loves it here and how peaceful it is! We're staying here for two nights in march! Super excited!

11. mum2four

mum2four DIS Veteran

I love to read these comments! We'll be staying there in May and I CANNOT wait to see it in person! :yay:

12. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can buy cases of bottled water at the store at POR (assuming there is a store?). Any idea how much for a case? Thanks!

13. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

No, it's not a supermarket. You can buy gallon size containers of water though.

Andre

14. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

Thanks, that will work. I'll just make sure to bring our reusable Sigg bottles.

15. quietgirll

quietgirll DIS Veteran

Actually, you can purchase a case of water....it's a 24 pack of the smaller dasani waters, for 16 dollars.

16. quietgirll

quietgirll DIS Veteran

Well, we're back from our trip! It was absolutely fabulous! I have a TON of pics I took around the resort! I want to thank everyone for this thread, it's been so helpful! I esp want to thank Andre for his website with all the diagrams/maps/pics, it really helped me be prepared! Also, thanks so much to venomhatch for helping us get EXACTLY what we requested as far as room location!
    We have stayed at AKL, POFQ, pop, and the all stars in the past....riverside is definitely our new home! We ate at both boatwrights and the food court, and they were both excellent. We had no problems with the buses, they came quickly, and we only had to stand once when we left right at closing. We were near a quiet pool, and were lucky enough to be able to go swimming even tho it was jan! We also did laundry one night, and the facilities were great. All the cms we came across were absolutely awesome- I can't say enough great things about it!

17. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Call me the Room Fairy lol. Glad you had such a great time and can find our info useful and beneficial for your visit!

18. SillyEllie

SillyEllie Earning My Ears

New here, arriving at POR in 13 days. We are booked in preferred room, any one know if its possible to get a king bed in preferred? We couldn't book as such but saw that there are king beds in building 14 which is preferred, confused :confused:. Thanks!

19. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

Ugh!! Having a serious housekeeping issue that, for some reason, can't get resolved! I just want to go to bed!

20. dollpens

dollpens Earning My Ears

My travel agent said that magnolia and Arcadian building are all changing to royal rooms. Is this true?

21. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Ah, hadn't seen those, thanks for the update.

There are some King Bed rooms within the same buildings as the Preferred rooms, yes. However they come under the King Bed booking category, not Preferred (see the floorplans I created for each room's booking catgeory). You can always put in a request though, and if they are not all already booked then you might get upgraded.

First I've heard of it if it is! I seriously doubt it though, so soon after they've finished refurbishing the whole resort.

Andre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.