Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i asked this is another thread but i thought i'd post here as well. i have an existing package reservation for february and am wondering if when these discounts become open to the public i will be able to call and get it applied to my reservation?

Yes, I have been able to do it the last three years.

Woohoo! 2 sleeps and we will be arriving at POR for our first ever onsite stay!! I'm so excited!!

I am officially starting our final countdown too. Fifteen more days until our trip! :)

It is official; I'm now a resort changer. We've switched from POFQ to POR Royal Room to save money on our room only reservation. With the new promotion French Quarter was only discounted 5% but, as you know, Riverside gets a 30% discount.

Now we're sure to find a time & opportunity to stop in to catch a Yee-Haw Bob show. The only down side I see is that I have a much more active thread to keep track of over here ::yes::

Thanks, Andre, for all the time and work you put into keeping both of these plus your wonderful portorleans.org loaded with great information. :thumbsup2

Just booked my first ever Disney Vacation. So excited:banana:
I booked with the S/P/D deal that is out for Disney Visa holders. What a savings. Not what I was hoping for with FD, but I am definitely not complaining. Made all my table service reservations, except for one. That one will haunt me as to what to pick...lol

Happy planning everyone!!!

WE are trying to decide on a resort for next year so thanks for this thread!

I wish I had the Visa card, but its still a year or so away before Canada gets it :(

So, there will be some sort of discount coming soon for non-card holders.....even if you book directly through Disney and not a TA? Right now we are booked for February during one of the "cheaper" weeks, 4 nights 11th-15th.

I wish I had the Visa card, but its still a year or so away before Canada gets it :(

So, there will be some sort of discount coming soon for non-card holders.....even if you book directly through Disney and not a TA? Right now we are booked for February during one of the "cheaper" weeks, 4 nights 11th-15th.

Are they seriously talking about a Disney Visa for Canadians? :cheer2: :upsidedow :faint:

I read somewhere that the Visa promo is supposed to open up to the public on the 10th.

Can anyone tell me, from experience, which room to request? I booked a Royal River View room. I want a nice view, but I also am looking for convenience: close to bridge to south depot bus stop and main building. Should I ask for first or second floor?:confused3

Alexsandra said:
Can anyone tell me, from experience, which room to request? I booked a Royal River View room. I want a nice view, but I also am looking for convenience: close to bridge to south depot bus stop and main building. Should I ask for first or second floor?:confused3

We just got back a couple of days ago and had a Garden View RR in Parterre Place. I was taking mental notes for when I go back in January with my DDs and thinking about booking a river view. With a river view I would request a second floor for a better view as the landscaping could possibly interfere with a view in some areas.
For your other requests I would request Oak Manor. It is a little closer to all that. The very end of Parterre Place is the farthest area of the mansions section.
Hope that helps some! Of course the more specific you get with requests, the more limited amt of rooms there are, so make sure you prioritize your requests to what is most important to you. Good luck! We loved POR! The Royal Rooms are beautiful.

Are they seriously talking about a Disney Visa for Canadians? :cheer2: :upsidedow :faint:

I spoke with Disney Visa in DTD a couple weeks ago and they said its currently in development, especially because Chase just keeps on growing in Canada and we should expect it within the next year or two. Hope so!!!!

I read somewhere that the Visa promo is supposed to open up to the public on the 10th.
How can we access it and can it be used directly booking with Disney?

minniebeth said:
We just got back a couple of days ago and had a Garden View RR in Parterre Place. I was taking mental notes for when I go back in January with my DDs and thinking about booking a river view. With a river view I would request a second floor for a better view as the landscaping could possibly interfere with a view in some areas.
For your other requests I would request Oak Manor. It is a little closer to all that. The very end of Parterre Place is the farthest area of the mansions section.
Hope that helps some! Of course the more specific you get with requests, the more limited amt of rooms there are, so make sure you prioritize your requests to what is most important to you. Good luck! We loved POR! The Royal Rooms are beautiful.

Thank you, I'll call disney today to request oak manor second floor, close to bridge. Cheers!

Just completed online checkin!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! :cool1: :cheer2: We have a Royal Room garden view & requested Oak Manor.......very excited!!:hyper:

I think my plans are finally set in stone. With the new discount we are booked at POR in a Royal Room for 7 nights, Jan 4-11!

I just wanted to thank you all for all the great advice I gleamed from this thread. I really don't post much but have been lurking for over a year planning our 1st Disney Trip.

It was AWESOME!

We stayed at POR- In the alligator bayou side. Building 24- right by quiet pool and laundry. Which worked out great because it was so hot- I needed to do laundry more than I had planned.

Resort was peaceful and we loved the boat to DTD. Food was yummy at resort. My DD loved the make your own pasta bar.

DTD- was a hit! Kids loved the lego store and Build a Dino.

My favorite park was AK. We just had the best day there. Missed Festival of the Lion King. but saw almost everything else. Had lunch at Yak and Yeti. Yummy!

Never even made it to the FantasyLand part of MK. bummer- but our MK day was so HOT HOT we melted soon after lunch. And we have Hoop Dee Doo that evening.

Epcot was fun- not a real fan of all the people drinking because of food and wine. We saw more than a few dads quite drunk pushing around kids sleeping in strollers. We loved Soarin and Mission Earth.

It poured on our HS evening, and F! was canceled. It was ok though- we were pretty tired and happy to get back to resort.

Overall a wonderful vacation. WE were there 9/29-10/5, and DH said to plan another trip in a couple years. I think I will try for Nov/Dec 2014.
Thanks again for all the advice.

I'm wondering, do they play music from the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, etc. at POR outside like they do at POFQ? I hope the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter