Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if that used to be the case, it has definitely changed. As long as you have a resort reservation - package or room-only - you can get ME. If it's last minute, you don't even need a voucher or ME luggage tags. Simply go to the ME counter, give them your resort reservation number and your luggage claim tickets. They will put you on a bus to your resort AND pick up your luggage for you. You could make a reservation the night before you arrive and STILL get ME. It's super simple!

I agree with you also. We have a room only ressie with ME and that is the case. Paid for first night in advance and balance at check in. We have also combined rental car/beach stays with turning the car in at the airport, then taking ME to a resort and back even though the flight did not match our ressie. They have been very accomidating.

Also how good is the food at the food court, AoA was great and had lots of different varieties of food? I did note that POR wasn't nearly as diverse in their food court choices which is ok as long the food is still great. We do have a free day at the resort so we can just resort hop and go eat at AoA if need be.

We loved the food court at AoA too! I know there are some people who didn't like AoA's food court that much, but I really enjoyed the diversity there. I haven't stayed at POR yet, but in December we stayed at POFQ and got food from POR once. We thought the two Port Orleans food courts were pretty good, but I think we liked AoA slightly better. We went to AoA once to get the surf n surf burger which I really wanted again. Our favorite at POR was make your own pasta, and at POFQ I really enjoyed the cheese quesidalla (though spicy).

I really enjoy trying new resorts and I'm glad that the food varies by resort as well. It keeps each place a little unique. I can't wait until my trip next year to POR!

Venomhatch said:
I did it last trip with no reservation so I don't know. But I think odds are in your favor. You can always check as soon as you arrive.

Thanks Venom! Hoping we have equally as good of luck as you did! I'd like to take DD the same day she does BBB and CRT. I think a nice cinderella-esque carriage ride would be a perfect end to a hopefully fabulous day! 4 more days!!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it :)

Sorry that it was a bad day for you!! You are highly appreciated on this thread. :)

Today is a new day. I just woke up and ready for a new days worth of Magic!

Thanks Venom! Hoping we have equally as good of luck as you did! I'd like to take DD the same day she does BBB and CRT. I think a nice cinderella-esque carriage ride would be a perfect end to a hopefully fabulous day! 4 more days!!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it :)

That would be beautiful! I am sure she would feel like she was living out a fairytale!!! Hope you have a magical visit with us!

Does anyone know if you can get blueberries at the POR food court at breakfast time?

I have only seen fruit such as bananas or oranges, etc. No blueberries that I remember, unless they are toppings for yogurt and I just never saw them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I have only seen fruit such as bananas or oranges, etc. No blueberries that I remember, unless they are toppings for yogurt and I just never saw them.

They do have various berries as toppings for the yogurt parfaits, but I've no idea whether they are black, blue, straw or rasp types... :)

Andre

On the other hand I guess it is quite reassuring to still be able to read about what fun I'm going to have when I check in at the Colonel's Cotton Mill building... ;) (and after ten years I do wish that was now just a joke, but it really does still say that).

Well I can sort of get onto the new site now, in Firefox but not IE at home, and it does bounce me back to the old UK site randomly when I try to get to some links, but the new look does seem quite nice. The detailed zoomable maps are especially good.

I tried to do online checkin for my upcoming trip, but after clicking on the 'check in available' link, it then said it wasn't available after all.

It's great to see that the good old Dixie Landings Colonel's Cotton Mill is still around though... ;)

WDW-new-website-colonel.jpg

Andre

For any of you considering renting a car - don't forget to check out the transportation board for some great deals. My DH prides himself on always being able to find the best deals - he thought he had a great rate on our minivan rental. imagine his surprise when I told him about the Budget promo codes I found on here which saved us over $200!!! :yay:

Well I can sort of get onto the new site now, in Firefox but not IE at home, and it does bounce me back to the old UK site randomly when I try to get to some links, but the new look does seem quite nice. The detailed zoomable maps are especially good.

I tried to do online checkin for my upcoming trip, but after clicking on the 'check in available' link, it then said it wasn't available after all.

It's great to see that the good old Dixie Landings Colonel's Cotton Mill is still around though... ;)

WDW-new-website-colonel.jpg

Andre

When was the last time you were at POR?

Adding my thanks to Venom & Andre!!!
Could not have planned this vacation without all of your resources & help!
:worship:

Well Thank you from my end. I am sure Andre will see this soon.

I just saw the post for online check-in at 60 days. Do I need to do online check-in for requests or can I just send a fax 3-5 days before arrival?

I ask because I have 2 reservations but will be using different cc's on each one and it seems I am required to give one at check-in.

Thanks,
Cheryl

I just saw the post for online check-in at 60 days. Do I need to do online check-in for requests or can I just send a fax 3-5 days before arrival?

I ask because I have 2 reservations but will be using different cc's on each one and it seems I am required to give one at check-in.

Thanks,
Cheryl

If you have heard back from the special person about your requests an have that email or fax back. Then it's safe to perform online check in. But if you feel uneasy doing online check in that service just speeds up the check in process at the main lobby. So it is up to you. But it won't effect anything if you have heard from POR rep.

If you have heard back from the special person about your requests an have that email or fax back. Then it's safe to perform online check in. But if you feel uneasy doing online check in that service just speeds up the check in process at the main lobby. So it is up to you. But it won't effect anything if you have heard from POR rep.

Thanks. I may just send a fax and check-in when we get there. :)

Does anyone know if you can get blueberries at the POR food court at breakfast time?

As soon as I read blueberries I thought of the CS restaurant in the Land pavilion at Epcot. They have some kind of blueberry thing I ate for breakfast there that was beyond good! Sorry I do not have names but if you like blueberries you will love this. Seems like it was some kind of blueberry compote on bread pudding :)

OK, so I was looking at Andre's (Awesome, Amazing, and I'm sure super time-consuming) floorplans and layouts. I have a maybe pretty dumb question ;)

We're booked for a Garden View (which is honestly what I would prefer over a Water View, because I don't want to be overlooking the pool). Garden view means definitely no parking lot, right? I was thinking about trying to word my room request as wanting to be in the cross-section of the "H" of the building, those rooms are all Garden views - does that make sense? How should I say that? I would like to be on a higher floor, but it's not that big of a deal.

I know you say that it's better to give an idea and reasoning of where you want, rather than a bank of room numbers. I just want to make sure I convey what I mean :confused3

When was the last time you were at POR?

LOL, definitely been there since April 2001 when the Colonel's Cotton Mill nomenclature went away anyway. :) Maybe only allowing twelve years for them to get the website information updated is being a bit optimistic though? :)

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter