Port Orleans or POFQ? Fans of each-LET ME HEAR FROM YOU

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to pinpoint the moderate choices between POFQ and POR. We've also considered AKL deluxe but are just wanting to make sure we cover our grounds with everything in our planning process. We will be traveling with myself, hubby and our 2 children, ages 12 & 10. Just would like to know which resort your prefer and why and also any great pictures are a plus in helping us decide as well. Thanks in advance for your help :thumbsup2

pirate: LUV JACK SPARROW

I loved POFQ! We stayed there on our honeymoon and I can't wait til my kids are older to stay there again! It's compact which is awesome cause every room is a relatively short walk to the main building/bus stop. At some of the other resorts it can be quite a hike to your room after a long day at the parks.

We've stayed at both and much prefer POR to POFQ. The grounds are much nicer and more relaxing at POR. DH said POR was his favorite resort at WDW, including the deluxes!!! This past trip, which was to POR this past weekend, was our most relaxing trip yet!!!

There are many activities that you can participate in at POR. The marina is there so you can rent boats, kayaks, surreys, bicycles, etc all right there. Boatwrights has great food and the atmosphere there is neat. The boat ride to DTD was wonderful!!! You can take the bus also, but the boat takes you by the treehouses and that was very interesting to me.

Have a great time!!!

I like pofq because it is small and every room is close to everything....

1st on and off the bus....

For your aged children.....there is more to do at POR...
also the pool slide at POFQ is geared to young children.
have a great trip
Kerri

To Me POR feels like a resort where POFQ feels more like a Hotel to me. Though I do like to go over to the FQ for breakfast for their beignets (not sure of the spelling). AB in the POR has a trundle in case your kids do not want to share a bed. Though it is not large it may help with that.

We have stayed at the POR for the last 2 years. It is a beautiful resort. We stayed in building 39, which is very close to a bus stop and only a short stroll to the dining area. We get water view and have been lucky enough to be across from a quiet pool, very nice! I would not hesitate to stay here again we love it that much.

We have tried a few deluxe (CR, Poly) and a few mods. We like POR, relaxing, nice pool for the kids, and nice mix of people. Buildings can be a little spread out at the end of the day with a stroller and overtired tot. Can't go wrong with either, just check maps first and request to be close.

I always get a smile when I see these posts. Unless you ask specific questions you just get each persons personal choice. So for my resonse I will try to explain why I like POFQ. For me having stayed in both I prefer FQ. But that is because I have a Handicapped DD and she deos not walk. At POR we were forced to stay at the far end of the resort. It was a long walk back and forth to the food court/ game room. I requested to move several times and was blown off. It totally ruined our stay. To me the resort is way to big and overcrowded. It felt like an up scale value resort with nice landscaping. That was the only thing I liked at POR. Everything else was crowded and bland. The pool was full each night and reeked of chlorine. The hot tub was uncomfortable to sit in. Design issue there. Too many unsupervised kids everywhere. Just really hated POR in general. The room issue soured the rest of our trip.

Now for POFQ where I'm returning this year. Its smaller and more accessible. You can walk anywhere in a few minutes. The pool and hot tub were much better. Less crowded and better maintained. The pool bar is great. The entire staff seemed more responsive and caring. Maybe it was the fact that they were not as busy. The food court was never full. The busses seemed to be better. I love Mardi Gras. Since I live in Mobile AL the birth place of Mardi Gras and I belong to a parading society FQ appeals to me.

So in general I recommend POR so my fav resort will stay less than packed. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter